New clubs in the West of Scotland

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Nah, it's not an issue that can be explained away like that. We all know the West of Scotland very well but should all be agreeing that that sort of talk has no place in this section of the forum. 

I agree that's why I try and not join in other than my wee joke which I intended to be between us.

Can I just say that having lived and worked all over Scotland; it is wrong to say it's a West problem.

Some of the worst sectarianism I have personally experienced gave been in West Lothian, Fife, Galloway and which shocked me speechless North West Highlands. 

Without starting another bitch-fest on it. The problem in some of these places the over riding majority of locals are one or the other and seem to live their lives as if the other side are aliens.

Growing up in tenement city in Pollok we all knew what we were but it didn't matter when playing and eating in each others homes. Never any comments about going to mass or Sunday service.

Had countless remarks elsewhere.

The wrong move imo. I can see why Kwood got in given they have teams from kids all the way up to amateur but above U18s Kwood are a shambles. U18s wouldn't be ready to jump straight to WOSFL so its difficult to see how they will be able to get a competitive team on the park for next season.

St Pat's on the other hand would probably win the Division 4 or at least go very close to it and they'd have the community of Dumbarton behind them with a decent support. It's a strange decision.

17 hours ago, EK man said:

Knightswood narrowly defeated St Patrick's in the vote. 

Knightswoid now a member of WoSFL. 

Does this mean the WoSFL is now effectively a 'closed shop' at 80 members.

So any potential future pyramid applicants need to wait for a vacancy or apply to the East or South?

Edited by gwd440
64 - 80

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

It was the member clubs' decision.

Was there just the one place open. If it went to a vote would suggest St.Pats bid met the criteria. 

There were suggestions they were looking at a grass groundshare?

Which as we know creates a whole other world of issues.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Was there just the one place open. If it went to a vote would suggest St.Pats bid met the criteria. 

There were suggestions they were looking at a grass groundshare?

Which as we know creates a whole other world of issues.

Yes there was only one place available, and yes both candidates met the criteria.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They wouldn't be able to apply in the east, if that's the case, because there is an agreed fixed boundary with the EoS, only in the south. 

There is a quiet feeling down here that everyone is quite happy to be only local teams for the first time in a number of years.

Clubs outwith might struggle to receive a positive vote in future.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Yes there was only one place available, and yes both candidates met the criteria.

Thanks for your straight answer to a straight question.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzler said:

where does the boundary lie between east and west? Harthill?

Yes, Harthill had a choice between East and West as the council boundary literally cuts right through the town. Their stadium is in the east, but the houses directly across the road are in the west and have their bins collected by a different local authority.

They initially chose to come to the west, but then asked to be accepted back to the east.

What happens if / when Caledonian Braves, Broomhill, Cumbernauld Colts, EK or Albion Rovers go down and no WOSFL team promoted? Will the bottom team go into oblivion or run at 17 or invite 1 team so 18 teams in Division 4? I know highly unlikely for EK or Albion Rovers to finish bottom but I can see Caley Braves / Cumbernauld Colts being relegated in the near future.

Edited by Shannon

Just now, Shannon said:

What happens if / when Caledonian Braves, Broomhill or Cumbernauld Colts go down and no WOSFL team promoted? Will the bottom team go into oblivion or run at 17 or invite 1 team so 18 teams in Division 4?

That will be assessed when the event occurs.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Turning the West of Scotland League into a closed shop is an awful decision. If both teams met the criteria, then both teams should be in the league.

The bottom division could run at up to 18 teams in my opinion as many won't go as far in cup competitions. Then after that then will need to create a 5th Division. The poorer old Junior sides who are already in Division 4 wouldn't be happy with that but surely too bad?