P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

25 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Well played beef, no sure you should be in div C though.

Thanks, was a good game, not much in it until that fork with the knight.

The leagues will sort themselves out eventually I think.

5 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Thanks, was a good game, not much in it until that fork with the knight.

The leagues will sort themselves out eventually I think.

Think it was f4 that changed the dynamics of the game. Created a weakness on e3 which I couldn't see an adequate defense. Will need to look at it again.

markf268 - Frank has confirmed our current match is just a friendly.

I don't mind carrying on if you are okay with that - or you can just abandon the game if you want - let me know.

Happy to keep going with it - could do with the practice!

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I want an apology from every w****r that said they should be in division 3 that aren’t currently sitting at 0-2 games played

I got put in the top league and haven't even won a friendly against anyone from P&B yet - although I've beaten non-league opposition in the random matchup mode.

As someone said earlier in the thread, the leagues will sort themselves out eventually. I need to sort my shit out if I want to stay in the top flight though.

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I want an apology from every w****r that said they should be in division 3 that aren’t currently sitting at 0-2 games played

Think a few have been 'economical' with the truth.

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'm currently 2-0, however, in both I fluked a win. I don't expect to be so fortunate in my rematches. Against @DiegoDiego, he rushed the queen early and I just started chasing it which meant I was developing pieces whilst he was defending his queen! And at one point the analysis suggests he was about 7 pawns up! Against, @Bigmouth Strikes Again the analysis says I missed a mate in 1 on move 23 and we continued to play for another 24 moves, and that was after he played into the only black opening I can play!

I firmly expect to be humped in the replays tbh.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

Speaking of which, there should be an invite out for you, His Eminence the Cardinal too.

I thought we weren't supposed to play the replays just now so that's why I just left it for now?