P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

In the Scottish Cup quarter final (or maybe it's a one-third final?) Board_stupid defeats paakman01 by checkmate on black's 33rd move.

It was an entertaining all-out attacking cup tie where paakman01 effectively sacrificed a piece to set up a dangerous attack. Managed to repel that, and with the extra piece turned defence into attack.

Division A Result

Dearyme defeats Ziggy The Spider by resignation.

Resignation from Ziggy was maybe a little premature, I was about to win a pawn in an ending. In all likelihood it would have been decisive.

In terms of the game, there wasnt much in it. My pawn structure was a little stronger but I think the error was in maybe being a smidge too passive before the end position. Leaving the Rook on the a file is probably better. The pawn on e4 is a little loose so is an easy target.

Good game mate.

2 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

I'd like to join this. Will join chess.com and was wondering when you take new people? 

The current season is justabout ending; if there's another one, it won't be long, so watch this space for the player callup.

Division A result

Dearyme defeats Beef2711 by resignation.

This was shaping up to be a real ding dong encounter. I castled kingside and Beefy castled queenside. I nabbed a pawn and Beefy got the drop on me with his Queen and 2 Rooks bearing down on h7. I was definitely on the backfoot and got lucky when Beef dropping a piece and resigning.

Good game mate. Sorry it ended that way.

On 14/03/2022 at 20:47, Frank Grimes said:

Round 17

Arabjoe v RBWatson 

Arabjoe wins by resignation.

Not much in the game at all, until I managed to swap a Knight for a Rook and took the upper hand.  Thanks for the game.

After 7 losses from past 9, great to get back to winning ways!

16 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Arabjoe wins by resignation.

Not much in the game at all, until I managed to swap a Knight for a Rook and took the upper hand.  Thanks for the game.

After 7 losses from past 9, great to get back to winning ways!

Well played. That one fork was all it took!

Arabjoe beats pleslie999 by checkmate

A bishop blunder In the end game was the difference. I was probably ahead and up a couple pawns then just threw my Bishop away. @arab_joe took his opportunity and cleaned up nicely. I hung around hoping to force a stalemate but alas not to be! Well played mate.

Division A, Round 17

Beef2711 is playing that safe, dependable London game, when suddenly, out of the blue, a tricksy knight maneouvre dooms his queen by move 20.

AimHere beats beef2711 by resignation.

Edit: Looking at the last league table, I should have played 13 and lost 7, rather than 14 and 8. Currently, I'm on 15 played with 7 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses, and one outstanding game, against Ziggy.

Edited by Aim Here

Division A Result

Dearyme defeats gkneil by resignation.

This was probably the closest game myself and gkneil have played. I was a little bit better positionally, with pressure on the kingside. I managed to nab a pawn, then gkneil missed a mating attack and that was that.

Thanks for the game.

Pleslie999 beats purplekangaroo89 by resignation

Delighted with that win after my catastrophic loss in my other match. Looking at the analysis I had numerous chances to win earlier and missed them all! That's why I lose more than I win 🤣🙈 good game @craigkillie and congratulations on the well deserved league title 

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Pleslie999 beats purplekangaroo89 by resignation

Delighted with that win after my catastrophic loss in my other match. Looking at the analysis I had numerous chances to win earlier and missed them all! That's why I lose more than I win 🤣🙈 good game @craigkillie and congratulations on the well deserved league title 

Cheers pal, you absolutely battered me there, didn't give me a chance to escape after my dodgy opening.