P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Madwullie cup semi-final

Board_stupid keeps grinding me down into ever more untenable positions until I end up losing two rooks in quick succession. Even the engine was claiming the best moves were to throw the rooks away in a different way, so I don't feel like I blundered!

Board_stupid beats AimHere by resignation. Good luck in the final!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello lads

I don’t think I will have the time to run the admin on this for another season

Away to take on additional responsibilities at work and it was already a bit of a struggle 

Does anyone want to take on the running of the leagues?

Would be nice if we could keep it going 

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - LOOKING FORWARD

f**k, I just realised I should be playing @Curmudgeon in the Cup final. Invite imminent! Edit - who's white? 

@Frank Grimes

You have done a fantastic job running things of which I am grateful. I used to play a lot over the board and this has been a way for me to keep my hand in. I'm not sure I'd be best placed to run things mind. Happy to pick up some of the slack though, maybe a team effort?

Edited by Trogdor
My brain failed me... AimHere and Board Stupid are in fact different people.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

f**k, I just realised I should be playing @Aim Here in the Cup final. Invite sent! Edit - who's white? 

@Frank Grimes

You have done a fantastic job running things of which I am grateful. I used to play a lot over the board and this has been a way for me to keep my hand in. I'm not sure I'd be best placed to run things mind. Happy to pick up some of the slack though, maybe a team effort?

You're playing Board_Stupid / @Curmudgeon

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

Could we create a Google Doc that we all have access to? Only work would be setting up the spreadsheet to create the tables (I can help with this) and setting out a fixture calendar at the start of the season.

The problem with a collaboratively edited document of that sort would be how to cope with/detect vandalism, or fabricated results. Some people here may not be hugely savvy in the ways of spreadsheets either. There is a sample Google Spreadsheet illustrating how to do this sort of thing earlier in the thread, and a fixture calendar is pretty easy to generate, once you have the list of names (I have a little computer program that will do that already).

Edited by Aim Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - Season 5, taking names, here we go again

I'd be up for a season 5... but on Lichess.

I've got a new account on Chess.com but I'm still raging that I got punted and now massively prefer the Lichess' format since that's all I play Blitz on.

I've never quite recreated my performances in this and the nostalgia is setting in. I'm stuck at being a 1400 blitz player and will likely be cannon fodder if I go again!

12 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

As there doesn’t seem to be much appetite for anyone else to take on the admin, and also I don’t want it to die, I’ll try and find a way to run it!

Who’s in for Season 5?

Frank, you deserve a medal for your efforts.

Other than Ludo, I think @Ken Deans was the only other person thus far to express an interest in joining.

Could you also do the cup final draw? I'm due another ragdolling from @Trogdor so might as well get it over with now that we're no longer distracted by footballing stresses.

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

Frank, you deserve a medal for your efforts.

Other than Ludo, I think @Ken Deans was the only other person thus far to express an interest in joining.

Could you also do the cup final draw? I'm due another ragdolling from @Trogdor so might as well get it over with now that we're no longer distracted by footballing stresses.

You’re White!