P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

35 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I’m not having a great season…..

I've made it a little better by belatedly accepting defeat. A really good game from Round 10, Division B, thought early on that I might get punished for not advancing my pawns early enough and so it proved. Look forward to the reverse fixture. 

Pleslie999 wins after IncomingExile's 61st move resignation, the promoted queen was the difference/final straw after my blundered rook. Still, happy with my progress this season, I've smashed my previous points haul.

Edited by IncomingExile

2 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

Ken Deans resigns v incoming exile. Lost my chance to castle and got trapped . Mid season slump continues. Very well played

Cheers Ken, look forward to next one. 

1 hour ago, IncomingExile said:

I've made it a little better by belatedly accepting defeat. A really good game from Round 10, Division B, thought early on that I might get punished for not advancing my pawns early enough and so it proved. Look forward to the reverse fixture. 

Pleslie999 wins after IncomingExile's 61st move resignation, the promoted queen was the difference/final straw after my blundered rook. Still, happy with my progress this season, I've smashed my previous points haul.

Cheers for the game, felt I was always on the front foot as I had my pawns pushed stealing all the space. Well played, had to work hard for the win 

Pleslie999 beats mackieboz by resignation.

a Queen blunder was the end, was tight up until that point, realised after I took the free rook after the Queen that I had mate in 2 had I ignored the rook. Good game thanks 

@EvilScotsman RBwatson defeats Saint by checkmate

Another defeat, another queen hung.

Move 20ish onwards I felt up against it, you pressured my queen really well, I thought I'd sneaked away move 25 when you captured my night and then went and hung the queen.

Overall really strong opening, pressure applied midgame and the checkmate I didn't see coming until too late.

Well played, GG

Update on some results.

Curmudgeon beats Invergowrie by resignation.

A couple of early mistakes caused an insurmountable loss of material for Invergowrie.

Curmudgeon beats PurpleKangaroo89 by resignation.

The usual tough game against Craig, although he gave away a pawn early which helped give me an edge.

Ancientnoise beats Curmudgeon by resignation.

I tried to line up almost all my pieces in a coordinated attack, while leaving my own king feebly defended, which against a strong player in asking for trouble. Would not recommend.

19 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

@EvilScotsman RBwatson defeats Saint by checkmate

Another defeat, another queen hung.

Move 20ish onwards I felt up against it, you pressured my queen really well, I thought I'd sneaked away move 25 when you captured my night and then went and hung the queen.

Overall really strong opening, pressure applied midgame and the checkmate I didn't see coming until too late.

Well played, GG

Pleasing to feel like I deserved a win after the last two felonies. I thought you had skilfully extricated your Queen before inexplicably leaving it for my bishop, and after that, well, the game was mine...

trainspotting GIF by MIRAMAX

8 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

RBWatson wins by checkmate.

@true_rover must be kicking himself, after skilfully parlaying a couple of errors on my part into mate in 9 before blundering mate in 1. Absolute robbery for the second match in a row.

A couple of games in quick succession where I've thrown it away - not going well at present!

7 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Ancientnoise beats Curmudgeon by resignation.

Div A - Round 10

ancientoise beats @Curmudgeonby resignation.

Flung the ktichen sink up that flank, but never got the chance to deliver a cross or take a shot at the King

Somehow ended up +5 but with more scope to move (b+b+N v R)

Thanks for the game @Curmudgeon

Edited by ancientnoise

Division A - Round 7

AlbinoRov vs stewartmathers - draw

Much piece exchanging at Cliftonhiil, left an end game where we had a non-matching bishop each, and a pawn advantage for myself which I was unable to convert.

Look forward to the rematch.

Div A

Defeat against DearyMe

Gifted an early advantage to one of the top players in the League and should have admitted defeat much earlier than I did. My decision to play on for so long hoping for a stalemate/repetition was very much in vain.

Thanks for the game

Division A, Round 12

Don't get greedy. Scarfing a pawn to maintain a +1 material advantage instead of running my King to safety by castling cost me a slow, painful death.

AimHere loses to DearyMe through materialistic excess.

25 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

Division B, Round 12

N5 Spur defeats @the tungston weasel / The_kid1433 by checkmate. 

Going one piece up early in mid-game kept me one step ahead, and some attacking play from Queen and Castles forced mate.

Good game, thanks. 

Well played,  after I threw away that knight i couldn't find away past your pawn structure and I was well bullied. 

Good luck with the rest of your games.