P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Division A Table and Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 13 12 1 0 37
The_Curmudgeon 16 12 1 3 37
DearyMe 12 10 1 1 31
stewartmathers 14 8 0 6 24
AimHere 12 7 0 5 21
KenDeans 15 5 2 8 17
invergowrie 16 3 4 9 13
AlbinoRov 12 3 1 8 10
AH13STU 8 3 0 5 9
beef2711 10 2 1 7 7
The_kid1433 11 2 1 8 7
Arabjoe 11 1 2 8 5

Round 16
invergowrie vs The_kid1433
AH13STU vs The_Curmudgeon
stewartmathers vs AimHere
ancientnoise vs beef2711
KenDeans vs AlbinoRov
DearyMe vs Arabjoe

Round 17
AH13STU vs invergowrie
AimHere vs The_kid1433
The_Curmudgeon vs ancientnoise
AlbinoRov vs stewartmathers
beef2711 vs DearyMe
Arabjoe vs KenDeans

While checking up very old unreported results, I notice that there's a game in the chess.com gamelist that matches the round 4 fixture between Arabjoe vs AH13STU, where AH13STU timed out. Is that right? @arab_joe @Leicesterlichtie

Yes, that is correct. I lost track of the time, but Arabjoe had the advantage and most likely of won anyway. Sorry for not posting result.

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

You're right. Fortunately it doesn't affect the fixture list, just a brainfart when putting the titles on the postings.

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

You're right. Fortunately it doesn't affect the fixture list, just a brainfart when putting the titles on the postings.

Could you revisit my past 4 games please. Thanks and thoroughly enjoying our game

18 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Could you revisit my past 4 games please. Thanks and thoroughly enjoying our game

There's multiple meanings of 'past 4 games'. There's the last 4 fixtures I've put up here, the last 4 game results reported here, the last 4 league games played in your chess.com account, and so on. The fixtures I'm putting up look fine, the last 4 games in your chess.com account have issues of extra confusion (like a game against AlbinoRov that doesn't match the result reported on November 8th) so I stopped when I realised that gets confusing.

Of the last 4 of your game results reported in this thread, I did spot an error in the spreadsheet for the very last result (recorded the wrong way round) and I've fixed it. Sorry about that. If that's not the problem you had, then please clarify.

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

There's multiple meanings of 'past 4 games'. There's the last 4 fixtures I've put up here, the last 4 game results reported here, the last 4 league games played in your chess.com account, and so on. The fixtures I'm putting up look fine, the last 4 games in your chess.com account have issues of extra confusion (like a game against AlbinoRov that doesn't match the result reported on November 8th) so I stopped when I realised that gets confusing.

Of the last 4 of your game results reported in this thread, I did spot an error in the spreadsheet for the very last result (recorded the wrong way round) and I've fixed it. Sorry about that. If that's not the problem you had, then please clarify.

No bother m8. I only meant the league. Ty

A defeat for me in Div A, against DearyMe.

Against a player of that calibre I'm chuffed even to have taken him to 49 moves - but the result was never in doubt. Bossed from start to finish.

Thanks for the game. A masterclass, as usual.

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Big upset, DieHardDoonhamer wins by resignation.

Good game!

Well played. Thought I had played ok, reckon it was heading for a draw but I managed to do my usual and f**k up the end game. You didn’t do much wrong the whole game. Well deserved!

32 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Well played. Thought I had played ok, reckon it was heading for a draw but I managed to do my usual and f**k up the end game. You didn’t do much wrong the whole game. Well deserved!

Yeah, I offered a draw when we went down to 5 pawns and a king each, and the analysis said it was dead even at that point, but then you allowed me the advantage from there and I managed to hold on.