P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

On 09/06/2024 at 11:25, Aim Here said:

Division A Table and Outstanding Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 17 16 1 0 49
redvtop 18 14 1 3 43
AimHere 18 13 0 5 39
The_Curmudgeon 18 13 0 5 39
albinorov 18 7 0 11 21
stewartmathers 18 6 1 11 19
invergowrie 18 6 0 12 18
pleslie999 17 5 2 10 17
arabjoe 18 4 1 13 13
KenDeans 16 1 0 15 3

There's been no progress in the fixture list so DearyMe has been disqualified and his two games have been voided.

That leaves only two fixtures left to play, and they don't appear to have been started yet.

|----------+--------------------------|
| Round 16 | pleslie999 vs KenDeans   |
| Round 20 | KenDeans vs ancientnoise |
|----------+--------------------------|

As usual, the results and calculations are on the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eR2-fUTwhfI39Teooz_cAk8ZnoObjlQJTO_lJfX3o1Q/

@Ken Deans @ancientnoise @pleslie99

Sorry AH was away there. Invitation sent to @Ken Deansin what - going by the table and the eviction - will be a largely academic fixture now.

So league season over and it's time to see who's up for the cup!?

Hope I have the all the possible entrees here:

@Aim Here@Caro-Kann@arab_joe@Ken Deans@Leicesterlichtie@Curmudgeon@invergowrie arab@Albino Rover@pleslie99@Trogdor@free beer@The Other Foot@EvilScotsman@mathematics@N5 Spur@Stellaboz@BaSeDG0DSA1NT@Davi3j@true_rover@weeyin13@whateverBeef271's P&B Handle is.

Also - every time I've said "upvote me if you want in" I've come in for some greenie-grabber accusations. So THIS TIME, rules are different.

UPVOTE me if you want in and standard chess.

DOWNVOTE me if you want a 960 Cup.

Either way you vote it will be majority-rules and you will be included in the draw whichever way you vote.

Have at it!

Edited by ancientnoise

16 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

So league season over and it's time to see who's up for the cup!?

Hope I have the all the possible entrees here:

@Aim Here@Caro-Kann@arab_joe@Ken Deans@Leicesterlichtie@Curmudgeon@invergowrie arab@Albino Rover@pleslie99@Trogdor@free beer@The Other Foot@EvilScotsman@mathematics@N5 Spur@Stellaboz@BaSeDG0DSA1NT@Davi3j@true_rover@weeyin13@whateverBeef271's P&B Handle is.

Also - every time I've said "upvote me if you want in" I've come in for some greenie-grabber accusations. So THIS TIME, rules are different.

UPVOTE me if you want in and standard chess.

DOWNVOTE me if you want a 960 Cup.

Either way you vote it will be majority-rules and you will be included in the draw whichever way you vote.

You have until 5pm Friday 14th June to decide. I think we'll all be busy that evening. I certainly will be.

Have at it!

What happens if the green and red dots cancel? Do we play Scrabble or what?

On 09/06/2024 at 21:16, pleslie99 said:

Apologies, I didn’t realise I had an outstanding fixture against anyone else. Invite sent to @Ken Deans. We will get it wrapped up asap

This is the last fixture, and you guys don't appear to have started it yet. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Also it potentially affects the next season; it's not entirely a dead rubber!

@Ken Deans @pleslie99

Edited by Aim Here

6 hours ago, Aim Here said:

This is the last fixture, and you guys don't appear to have started it yet. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Also it potentially affects the next season; it's not entirely a dead rubber!

@Ken Deans @pleslie99

I sent the invite about a week ago and have had no response

Division A Final Table

The fixtures have been resolved (Sadly, @Ken Deans forfeited against @pleslie99) and the table is finalised:

Division A P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 18 17 1 0 52
redvtop 18 14 1 3 43
AimHere 18 13 0 5 39
The_Curmudgeon 18 13 0 5 39
albinorov 18 7 0 11 21
pleslie999 18 6 2 10 20
stewartmathers 18 6 1 11 19
invergowrie 18 6 0 12 18
arabjoe 18 4 1 13 13
KenDeans 18 1 0 17 3

@ancientnoise has deservedly won the chess league again, only allowing one draw in on otherwise perfect season. Congratulations for another excellent showing in the chess league!

@Caro-Kann also put in an excellent effort in his debut season in the top tier. Definitely a contender for the winner in future league seasons!

At the other end, @Ken Deans and @arab_joe are slated for automatic relegation and @invergowrie arab will play against @Davi3j for the third promotion spot with davi3d as white; if white wins, they get promoted.

Thanks to all players from both divisions and I hope to see you all again next season!

--

And on the subject of next season, I'm taking a headcount of people to sign up for another chess league, along the same lines as this one. All P&B members are welcome, whether new players,  returnees from this season or prodigal chess players who played before and dropped out!

(New players might need to know this is a double round-robin with two, or maybe just one, daily games of standard chess on chess.com played per week, there's no skill-level requirements and they'll need to tell me their chess.com userID to sign up).

Please indicate whether you're in or out in this thread and in a week or two I'll gather the names together and cobble together a new league!

Edited by Aim Here