P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Gcarlos9 defeats Board_stupid by checkmate.

I just never got going. Pinched a pawn early on, but as a result couldn't develop my pieces as my queen got chased about the board. Well played, @Loki

Two defeats in quick succession and it's Trogdor next up. This season is going to be a relegation battle for me.

I have had an email stating my account has been closed, so have fallen the way of Ludo.  I can open a new account but you have to sign a disclaimer saying that you admit to outside assistance being used used on my account.  I am not going to do that, as I haven't sought assistance when matches are live.  I have submitted an appeal, so I am in limbo until then.

I have two matches outstanding against Ziggy and Purple Kangaroo so I resign immediately from those games and hopefully my appeal goes through in time for next weeks fixtures.  If not I will have to resign from the league at that point.

I play with two boards set up, one for each league game.  And play through the games on them.  I haven't tried to deceive or cheat you guys.  The matches in which I have lost are usually from blunders that I do not see.

Division A Matches:

GCarlos9 defeats board_stupid by checkmate
Gcarlos9 defeats invergowrie by resignation
PurpleKangaroo defeats GCarlos9 by resignation
Ziggy defeats GCarlos9 be resignation.

On 22/05/2022 at 16:41, Aim Here said:

Round 1
Arabjoe vs gkneil

Division B, Round 1

Arabjoe wins by resignation. 

After about 50 moves I offered a draw in hope more than expectation (it was rightly rejected) - then @gkneil had my King dancing around like a bear in the back streets of Tbilisi, but somehow I managed to survive long enough that @gkneil made a couple of uncharacteristic errors (if you'd moved the other pawn on move 63 then I would have resigned) and I had just enough for the win.  A season's worth of luck in one game for me.

Thankfully I only have one game this weekend, as I need a rest after that!

8 hours ago, Loki said:

I have had an email stating my account has been closed, so have fallen the way of Ludo.  I can open a new account but you have to sign a disclaimer saying that you admit to outside assistance being used used on my account.  I am not going to do that, as I haven't sought assistance when matches are live.  I have submitted an appeal, so I am in limbo until then.

I have two matches outstanding against Ziggy and Purple Kangaroo so I resign immediately from those games and hopefully my appeal goes through in time for next weeks fixtures.  If not I will have to resign from the league at that point.

I play with two boards set up, one for each league game.  And play through the games on them.  I haven't tried to deceive or cheat you guys.  The matches in which I have lost are usually from blunders that I do not see.

Division A Matches:

GCarlos9 defeats board_stupid by checkmate
Gcarlos9 defeats invergowrie by resignation
PurpleKangaroo defeats GCarlos9 by resignation
Ziggy defeats GCarlos9 be resignation.

FFS so I would have won if I had just left it an hour.

TBF I was humped but that's two no blunder defeats now. Big boy stuff in Div A. We'll played. 

XCTR94 beats PnBmathematics by resignation.

Close game, no blunders from either side, just some pawn structure mistakes from Mathematics which ended up costing him in the end, very well played!

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

FFS so I would have won if I had just left it an hour.

I dunno. I suspect that chess.com's cheat-detection algorithms were likely triggered *because* you played that game and that pushed GCarlos9's stats into the 'lets have a closer look at this' zone. You'd have to wait until he beat someone else first!

Edited by Aim Here

23 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Since it's near the halfway mark of the season already, is there anyone in the leagues NOT wanting to be put into the pool for the madwullie cup? Or anyone not in the leagues who wants to join in the Cup competition?

For those new to the format, this is just a straight Scottish Cup-style knockout tournament, using Chess960 (i.e. there are randomized starting positions and castling rules to fit the format, but otherwise is still the same game) and will take 1-5 games depending on when you get knocked out.

I'll (paakman01) sit out the cup if possible please. The league games are more than enough for me at the moment!

Ziggy The Spider draws with Dearyme.

It was quite a short game but I managed to cram in 5 mistakes 4 inaccuracies.

Dearyme made a lot less, but they were big enough for me to get a draw..

Just now, Ziggy said:

Ziggy The Spider draws with Dearyme.

It was quite a short game but I managed to cram in 5 mistakes 4 inaccuracies.

Dearyme made a lot less, but they were big enough for me to get a draw..

star trek spock GIF

Well worth your draw mate. I thought I had you but ending is tricky to play actually.

Division A Round 6 Result

Dearyme defeats Invergowrie by checkmate.

Was pretty tight in the opening with nothing having been exchanged. Invergowrie then lost a piece a second one followed and the checkmate became available. Good game. You were doing fine for the first dozen moves or so then it collapsed.

Division A

Ziggy the Spider defeats Invergowrie by resignation.

Absolute nightmare of a game with mistakes galore.

Invergowrie should have won, he definitely shouldn’t have lost the endgame that we reached, I was just about to offer the draw because there was no way to win.

Thanks for the game mate, I really got lucky.

56 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Division A

Invergowrie should have won, he definitely shouldn’t have lost the endgame that we reached, I was just about to offer the draw because there was no way to win.

How did you win that.

The Princess Bride Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

13 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Division A Round 6 Result

Dearyme defeats Invergowrie by checkmate.

Was pretty tight in the opening with nothing having been exchanged. Invergowrie then lost a piece a second one followed and the checkmate became available. Good game. You were doing fine for the first dozen moves or so then it collapsed.

First blunder and it all went to f**k. Cheers 

12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Division A

I offered the draw because I couldn't see a way through and then I thought I could force a stalemate through the knight capture. Wasn't trying to win at that stage.

I'm pish at end games. I need about a 9 point advantage to win.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I beat RBWatson  by resignation another good game plenty to think about well played. 

Yeah, I enjoyed that. Annoyingly, I spotted that potential fork a couple of moves before and thought to myself "best not let that happen", before proceeding to let it happen anyway. Good game.