P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Ummmm..... help! Can't figure out how to set up an invitation, can someone please point me in the right direction? Must be a post somewhere in the 258 pages of this thread..... just ended up playing some random American player instead in a ten minute game, all done and dusted with seven minutes to spare. 

2 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Ummmm..... help! Can't figure out how to set up an invitation, can someone please point me in the right direction? Must be a post somewhere in the 258 pages of this thread..... just ended up playing some random American player instead in a ten minute game, all done and dusted with seven minutes to spare. 

It does depend on how you have your home page setup. However, on the home page look for 'new game'.  Click on that and you should see a search box to enter either a username or email address (you'll have the username).

When the field populates, click on the username, and then change (if needed) the length of the game to 24 hours per move and toggle the 'play as white or black' box depending on if you are home or away. Then invite and when your opponent has accepted, the game commences. Be aware, there may be certain instances where you can't invite your opponent - just leave a note on here for your opponent and between you it can easily be sorted.

20 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

It does depend on how you have your home page setup. However, on the home page look for 'new game'.  Click on that and you should see a search box to enter either a username or email address (you'll have the username).

When the field populates, click on the username, and then change (if needed) the length of the game to 24 hours per move and toggle the 'play as white or black' box depending on if you are home or away. Then invite and when your opponent has accepted, the game commences. Be aware, there may be certain instances where you can't invite your opponent - just leave a note on here for your opponent and between you it can easily be sorted.

Thanks very much, let's see how this goes.... 

@Basedgodsa1nt     I think that I have just sent an invitation.  

Edited by IncomingExile

3 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

Thanks very much, let's see how this goes.... 

@Basedgodsa1nt     I think that I have just sent an invitation.  

You guys seem to have started off okay. 6 moves in, and the newcomers' game is looking like a very feisty affair already.

10 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Division B (Because there's an odd number of players, one player sits out every round, so some weeks there's only one game)

pleslie999 vs invergowrie
N5_Spur vs The_kid1433
PnBMathematics vs XCTR94

markf268 vs N5_Spur
XCTR94 vs pleslie999
The_kid1433 vs PnBMathematics

Won my game against XCTR94

Lost my game against The_kid1433

1 hour ago, EvilScotsman said:

The Simpsons GIF

One stoopid early blunder and @Albino Rover eviscerates RBWatson. Well played!

Could easily have gone the other way - the reverse fixture may well do!

Thanks for the game - I'm just relieved to be off the mark as I have no idea of the quality of this league

N5_Spur defeats The_kid1433 (the tungston weasel) by resignation.

Close game with my opponent having the opening exchange and keeping pressure on my King with his Queen. However, I felt you kept your Queen hanging around my King for a bit too long without her being able to influence the game given my King was well defended and this giving me time to slowly develop my Queen and Castle attack eventually leading to the win in the end game.

Nice tight game, thanks.

1 hour ago, Albino Rover said:

Could easily have gone the other way - the reverse fixture may well do!

Thanks for the game - I'm just relieved to be off the mark as I have no idea of the quality of this league

You'll have harder games - I finished bottom last season. Hopefully the return will be one of them!

3 hours ago, N5 Spur said:

N5_Spur defeats The_kid1433 (the tungston weasel) by resignation.

Close game with my opponent having the opening exchange and keeping pressure on my King with his Queen. However, I felt you kept your Queen hanging around my King for a bit too long without her being able to influence the game given my King was well defended and this giving me time to slowly develop my Queen and Castle attack eventually leading to the win in the end game.

Nice tight game, thanks.

Yup,  thanks for the game.  I felt I took the initiative early and pressed your king up untill the point it was defended well enough that the attack died out and I couldn't see where to go next.  That's when I went draw offering then eventually you used your more active major pieces to flatten me.

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - Season 6 up & running

Pleslie999 beats Xctr94 by checkmate.

A wild game, my opponent blundered a queen after about 5 moves then a rook later only for me to blunder my own queen and hugely advantageous position. My 2 rooks got into a good position and managed to deliver mate once I had recovered.

Good game. Look forward to the return.

Pleslie999 beats invergowrie by resignation

A tight game, I was in real good shape after the opening but had zero ideas what to do in the middle game which allowed my opponent back into it. 1 loan pawn that forced his way up the board was the difference, he didn't promote but caused carnage and cost my opponent a couple pieces.