P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

There's a chess league on P&B?

Yep. Started up around the Covid lockdown.

If you're interested, the league season just started a week ago, sadly, so it'll take about 7-8 weeks before the next season starts.

There is a cup competition that I'll be calling for signups for tomorrow (it's a knockout cup with Fischer 960 chess - randomized start positions for the pieces, and the castling rule tweaked accordingly), so if you're up for it we can stick you in.

Edited by Aim Here

League Table and Fixtures for Division A

Division A P W D L Pts
AimHere 2 1 1 0 4
Ziggy_the_Spider 1 1 0 0 3
Purplekangaroo89 1 0 1 0 1
AH13STU 0 0 0 0 0
beef2711 0 0 0 0 0
gkneil 0 0 0 0 0
Arabjoe 1 0 0 1 0
Board_Stupid 1 0 0 1 0

Round 3
gkneil vs Board_Stupid
AH13STU vs Arabjoe
Purplekangaroo89 vs beef2711
Ziggy_the_Spider vs AimHere

Round 4
Arabjoe vs gkneil
Board_Stupid vs Purplekangaroo89
AimHere vs AH13STU
beef2711 vs Ziggy_the_Spider

If you want to check up on my mistakes, the calculation and record of results can be found in the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WTFYYhhNWBObdMMS9BM-0teqA1DQQjAgnL0PsODXi5U/edit#gid=1896294193

Edited by Aim Here

League Table and Fixtures for Division B.

Division B P W D L Pts
N5_Spur 2 2 0 0 6
pleslie999 2 2 0 0 6
PnBMathematics 2 1 0 1 3
The_kid1433 2 1 0 1 3
invergowrie 1 0 0 1 0
markf268 1 0 0 1 0
XCTR94 2 0 0 2 0

Round 3
invergowrie vs XCTR94
PnBMathematics vs markf268
pleslie999 vs The_kid1433

Round 4
N5_Spur vs PnBMathematics
The_kid1433 vs invergowrie
markf268 vs pleslie999

League table and fixtures for Division C

Division C P W D L Pts
AlbinoRov 2 2 0 0 6
Dandies1983 2 2 0 0 6
mackieboz 1 1 0 0 3
Strachanovski 1 1 0 0 3
Basedgodsa1nt 2 1 0 1 3
IncomingExile 2 0 0 2 0
KenDeans 2 0 0 2 0
RBWatson 2 0 0 2 0

Round 3
IncomingExile vs Dandies1983
Strachanovski vs KenDeans
AlbinoRov vs Basedgodsa1nt
mackieboz vs RBWatson

Round 4
KenDeans vs IncomingExile
Dandies1983 vs AlbinoRov
RBWatson vs Strachanovski
Basedgodsa1nt vs mackieboz

I'm taking signups for the next madwullie cup. For those who don't know, it's a straight Scottish-Cup-style knockout tournament based on Fischer Random Chess, as per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer_random_chess - that is, the initial start positions are randomized but otherwise the rules are the same.

If you're in the league and you don't want to join this season's cup, please say so.

If you're not in the league and you do want to opt in to the cup, please say so (and mention your chess.com user account if I don't already know it).

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

I'm taking signups for the next madwullie cup. For those who don't know, it's a straight Scottish-Cup-style knockout tournament based on Fischer Random Chess, as per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer_random_chess - that is, the initial start positions are randomized but otherwise the rules are the same.

If you're in the league and you don't want to join this season's cup, please say so.

If you're not in the league and you do want to opt in to the cup, please say so (and mention your chess.com user account if I don't already know it).

Count me OUT, please. 

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Count me OUT, please. 

Thanks.

On 11/09/2022 at 12:04, Aim Here said:

I'm up for it! chess.com user account: stewartmathers

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Dandies1983 beats IncomingExcile

Div C

Cheers, good game. I will not be troubling the scorers too much this season.

@Ken Deans, invitation sent for Round 4.

Edited by IncomingExile
Trying to tag a name

Division A

Board_stupid beats gkneil by resignation.

I felt I was in a reasonable position without really managing to get a breakthrough when a critical pawn was left unguarded which would've resulted in a free rook and pawn.

@Aim Here In for the cup as usual. Although to mix it up a bit should we consider alternating the format season about between 960 and standard? I don't mind 960, but I appreciate that some others aren't so keen.