P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

20 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Any word on when fans are allowed back? I wouldn't have lost my opening four games if I had fans in the stadium.

Always miss that "YAAAAoowww" noise when you think you've played a checkmate and it turns out to just be an easily avoidable check.

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Always miss that "YAAAAoowww" noise when you think you've played a checkmate and it turns out to just be an easily avoidable check.

That would have happened a few times when chasing your king the other day! Then that audible "groan" when the queen gets taken as the whole team loses focus. 

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

As predicted, that's @gkneil beat me

Good game pal, I was a tad worried near the end that you'd be able to pick my pawns off and promote one of your own. Absolutely wild game at times

Division B

GordonEF wins against arabjoe by resignation.

image.png.d2fbbad1c6ef5ba99dc27acdf9478569.png

A good attacking game that was very much in the balance until I managed to force a Queen exchange. I brought mine out early and got a small piece advantage but failed to deliver the killer blow and was in danger of getting trapped.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, gkneil said:
Good game pal, I was a tad worried near the end that you'd be able to pick my pawns off and promote one of your own. Absolutely wild game at times

I was actually keeping half an eye on your game. It was a good one indeed!

What wizardry is this?