P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

An away trip to Australia.  That’s me in quarantine awaiting flamingalah01 to accept the challenge and let me out.

I’ll be in Australian time watching some of the tennis over the weekend if you have a time early morning UK time that you’d be online.

Not wild about fitting in another game of daily chess a week, I'm finding 2 hard enough so I was hoping the cup might be timed. I see I'm drawn against higher division opposition with four wins out of four, so I probably don't need to worry about fitting in more games for long.

Maybe do a timed League Cup later? Those who can't manage don't need to enter, and I'm sure most of us can find a shared 20 minute slot somewhere in our week.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

After an enforced delay due to adverse weather conditions, the second game in the space of a week between RicheyEdwards and AH13STU gets underway at an empty Somerset Park.

I have never played this variation of chess before. What the hell even is this?

It's just a Jumbled back line, it would be more interesting if all the pieces were jumbled like the king in the front line.

32 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Unfortunately , just found this thread

Any competitions coming up on , the mighty , Lichess ?

Any gradings over 2000 ?

Don't think there's anyone rated that high.

Create an account on chess.com and stick your username on here, if you fancy some friendlies.

30 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Don't think there's anyone rated that high.

Create an account on chess.com and stick your username on here, if you fancy some friendlies.

Sorry , I have messed up my chess.com account and just play on Lichess

P.S.  Liam rules

madwullie beats markf268 in the cup. 

Really awful game, probably because neither of us had a fucking clue what was going on with the back line. 

War of attrition in the end that the analysis tells me I missed 5 opportunities for mate. Not a scooby about that at the time. Once he lost his queen it was an uphill battle but mark thankfully resigned or we'd still be playing when the draw for the next round was made. 

Edited by madwullie