P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

This may be of interest to some of you...

The Glasgow Chess Congress is returning after a 10 year hiatus. It is a weekend tournament played over the board, it's 5 rounds (1 game Friday & 2 games on Saturday & Sunday). Time control is 90 minutes + 30 second increment per move.

https://congress.org.uk/congress/324/home

If you are interested in playing over the board let me know where you are and I can point you in the direction of chess clubs nearby.

I'm in for next season.

As for the playoff, just let me know what the script is...

15 hours ago, Aim Here said:

That means that there's a playoff between  beef2711 / @Ziggy Sobotka and ArabJoe/ @arab_joe for the right to stay in the top flight next season (league reconstruction permitting).

13 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

I'm in for next season.

As for the playoff, just let me know what the script is...

It's just a single playoff game, you play white, beef2711 plays black. If you win, you get promoted. If it's a draw, you both stay in the same league.

On 17/09/2023 at 21:28, Curmudgeon said:

In, thanks.

Based entirely on user name I feel we have to ask @Caro-Kann if he's interested in joining us.

Hehe, I didn't know this thread existed until I saw the notification from your above post.

Don't think I ever had a chess.com account, used to play quite a lot of over the board chess at the time I created the P&B account hence my username.