P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Cup Result

Caro-Kann easily thumps Aim Here, after I cope with blundering a pawn by attempting a reckless sacrificial attack. I really must resist the urge to go full-on Mikhail Tal after a minor setback!

Caro-Kann beats Aim Here by resignation

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Cup Result

Caro-Kann easily thumps Aim Here, after I cope with blundering a pawn by attempting a reckless sacrificial attack. I really must resist the urge to go full-on Mikhail Tal after a minor setback!

Caro-Kann beats Aim Here by resignation

It wasn't easy by any means from my side of the board with the seemly relentless attacking play until you ran out of material to sacrifice, if I had to give it a name it would be the Aim Here Russian attack.

29 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Finally off the mark with a win v @N5 Spur by checkmate.

Good game mate.

Well played, you mullered me. 

Whilst I’m playing well In various other tournaments, take me north of the border and everything goes, kind of, south. Also struggle with the 24 hour games, for some reason (l play them at the same speed as 2 and 3 day games). 

No excuses, other than those already made of course, and again, nicely done.  

Until the next time.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Mackieboz beats n5 in seaside encounter

Gg, i think the Knight King fork killed it in the end

Mullered again. This was our league encounter, yes?

On 30/07/2024 at 22:46, ancientnoise said:

P&B Cup Summer 2024

OK Chaps, sorry about the tardy response. Preliminary round is complete, so we have our sixteen. My kid "volunteered" to make the draw again here's what she pulled out this time:

N5 Spur v stellaboz
Invergowrie Arab v The Other Foot
Aim here v Karo Cann
Curmudgeon v Ancientnoise
True Rover v Mathematics
beef2711 v free beer
Ken Deans v davi3j
Evil Scotsman v pleslie99

Normal rules guys - home is white, 1 day move, standard rules, blitz replays.

@N5 Spur@Stellaboz@invergowrie arab@The Other Foot@Aim Here@Caro-Kann@Curmudgeon@true_rover@mathematics@free beer@Ken Deans@Davi3j@EvilScotsman@pleslie99@Cheese

Best of luck people.

Note: As the league is also running just pop the word "CUP" in your results please, saves confusion thanks.

Spreadsheet updated here:

https://tinyurl.com/yckatsd9

Who is @The Other Foot can't find them on chess.com

1 hour ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Saint defeats @Davi3j by checkmate.

GL for remaining fixtures

Game was sitting pretty even and one blunder led to me losing my Queen . . . It didn't even look that bad a move at the time!!Screenshot_20240809_111734_Chess.thumb.jpg.e53772ae2261d332202b5988518ff7ee.jpg

I've drawn with both The_Curmudgeon and ancientnoise in the league.

In the former we just battled each other to a drawn position.

In latter I was a little surprised ancientnoise accepted my draw offer as I would probably have played on had the roles been reversed. Thought I'd played Ok to go a pawn up but then played a stupid knight move that ancientnoise exploited.

Edited by Caro-Kann

Mackieboz beats N5 in our Cup encounter by checkmate. 

Gg, i thought it might go to a replay at one stage but surprised myself getting an advantage in the end. Always enjoy our games  

Edited by Stellaboz

To bring my league games up to date, Curmudgeon beats Invergowrie and Beef/Cheese by resignation.

Neither did much wrong, against Invergowrie I just got in a better opening position which led to a material advantage. Against Beef I pinched a couple of central pawns early on which made life easier for me.

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Mackieboz beats N5 in our Cup encounter by checkmate. 

Gg, i thought it might go to a replay at one stage but surprised myself getting an advantage in the end. Always enjoy our games  

Likewise, nicely done and always enjoyable (subject to…).

Good luck in the next round.