P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division A Table and Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
The_Curmudgeon 12 11 1 0 34
redvtop 11 8 2 1 26
AimHere 9 8 0 1 24
ancientnoise 11 7 1 3 22
invergowrie 13 5 0 8 15
AH13STU 6 4 0 2 12
beef2711 6 3 0 3 9
PnBmathematics 11 3 0 8 9
stewartmathers 9 2 0 7 6
pleslie999 13 1 1 11 4
albinorov 9 0 1 8 1

Round 17
The_Curmudgeon vs AimHere
AH13STU vs pleslie999
invergowrie vs beef2711
ancientnoise vs albinorov
PnBmathematics vs stewartmathers

Round 18
pleslie999 vs redvtop
AimHere vs invergowrie
albinorov vs AH13STU
beef2711 vs PnBmathematics
stewartmathers vs ancientnoise

As usual, results and calculations are on the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o-a5FuwTWOCabJkrlZMk9PqKp3qcm0g7ZY2hwHh1V2s/

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
ChrisC53 14 12 1 1 37
davi3j 16 12 1 3 37
Basedgodsa1nt 13 8 0 5 24
mackieboz 14 7 0 7 21
arabjoe 10 6 0 4 18
markf268 11 5 0 6 15
KenDeans 12 5 0 7 15
Dustysghost 8 2 0 6 6
RBWatson 12 2 0 10 6
N5_Spur 14 2 0 12 6

Round 17
KenDeans vs mackieboz
Dustysghost vs arabjoe
ChrisC53 vs markf268
N5_Spur vs RBWatson
davi3j vs Basedgodsa1nt

Round 18
Dustysghost vs KenDeans
markf268 vs mackieboz
arabjoe vs N5_Spur
Basedgodsa1nt vs ChrisC53
RBWatson vs davi3j

This is the last set of fixtures for Division B. As of next week, I'll be listing the fixtures whose results haven't come in yet.

DIV A - Round 11

redVtop (white) checkmates AimHere.

As the analysis showed not the greatest chess from either of us but it was an enjoyable game nonetheless that swung back and forth.

I expected the game to end in a draw as my constant queen checks would prevent AimHere from promoting their pawn that was positioned such that any winning chances I had I felt were null, well that was until AimHere in trying to go for the win missed my mate in one threat providing a victory I certainly didn't deserve, chess can be brutal at times!

9 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

He timed out in our first game ages ago though I haven't yet claimed the win, and hasn't responded to my invitation for the second match.

I've sent quite a few challenges through also but no response. Hopefully get all the games played. 

1 hour ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Saint defeats @N5 Spur by checkmate.

at out level it’s whomever makes less blunders and move 14 was a big blunder from my opponent. Credit to them as they still took the game a long way.

all the best and see you next season for our usual two legged bout.

Huge blunder, all about concentration.  Nicely played, and likewise, looking forward to next season. 

DIV A - Round 10

beef2711 (white) resigns against redVtop.

My longest game so far, with 4 past pawns against 2 and each with a R & B the two remaining white pawns were closer to evolving into queens which made this a very tricky end game.

DIV A - Round 15

redVtop (black) resigns against ancientnoise.

My shortest game so far where I messed up the opening and white capitalised big time, I believe the appropriate phrase here is crushing defeat.

2 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

@Cowshed Chris Beats Saint by checkmate.

well played bud, you even tried to keep it interesting.

all the best next season and I’ll be keeping an eye out for you, do it for the D2 loyals

Very good game mate, a tale of two blunders. Luckily for me mine was early enough to come back from but definitely could have gone either way. All the best to you also, likewise, will keep an eye out for your results  👍

11 hours ago, Caro-Kann said:

DIV A - Round 15

redVtop (black) resigns against ancientnoise.

My shortest game so far where I messed up the opening and white capitalised big time, I believe the appropriate phrase here is crushing defeat.

The Sicilian Alapin with subsequent moves. The queen is out early, but nothing else is so immediately becomes a target. Opponent gets the double advantage of chasing it and developing pieces all with tempo.

Way too bold a start for me @Caro-Kann!

I know, I've done it myself.

Thanks for the game and good luck in your remaining fixtures.

Division B, Round 17

RBWatson beats @N5 Spur by checkmate following a knight sac which wasn't as clever as I thought it was. Thanks for the game.

markf268 ( @true_rover) hasn't claimed his win over me from round 12 and I've also recently lost to @arab_joe and @Davi3j who I think have reported the results.

My only outstanding games are against dustysghost ( @The Other Foot ) who seems to be AWOL unfortunately; he's timed out in the first game and not responded to the invitation for the return.

40 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division B, Round 17

RBWatson beats @N5 Spur by checkmate following a knight sac which wasn't as clever as I thought it was. Thanks for the game.

Apologies for the mini-rant at myself in the Chess chat function.  Well played.