Alloa Vs QoS

Second half was much better from Alloa, although all relative given how shite the first 45 was. As printer had flagged up before the game, Robertson is worth his place and he made a difference after coming on at ht. Getting support up to Cameron also saw us get much more out of him. Delighted for Kevin Cawley that he got the winner after an uncharacteristic and costly error had set up the opener. That said, how can QoS give him a free header then allow him to follow up. 

We've played much better in defeat many times and there were a few strange calls around the team today, but it's still a very welcome win. And credit once more to the team for digging out a victory in adversity. That performance won't win many games but it gives us something to build on. And with the poor standard in the league this season we are still in with a chance. 

Losing Shields completely killed our chances. I'm angry he was booted off the park but I'm even more annoyed we have no Plan B. In a team containing Dobbie who'd have thought our one man team was Shields? If Dapo couldn't do the role of Shields why didn't AJ change things at HT? Surely they discuss/plan what happens if we go to 10 men or such like, this is no different. It was incredible how different we were after he went off. It was an identical performance to the shite we had dished up at the start of the season, right down to the awful defending from a corner and a cross.

The East selection didn't pay off IMO. I've not been a fan of him for most of the season in all honesty but at least out wide he gives us a target. I'm not sure what he brought in the middle and if you're one of the 3 CM on the bench today you must be frustrated seeing a striker get into CM ahead of you.

Massive reality check today with Arbroath winning as well. Right back in the scrap.

That was a disastrous result - Alloa got 3 undeserved points but so did we in the Morton game. All the old frailties re-emerged - a GK who cannot command his box not helped by some woeful defending.

Alloa look worse than we do but they have a bit more backbone than us - it will take a huge effort for us to finish out of bottom 2. These loan players look fine if things going well but were lost sheep in that second half.

If that moronic shouting from Peter Grant & Co constitutes “coaching” football in this country is truly doomed.

A poor game, not helped by the officiating, but a massive 3 points.

2nd half performance was much more like last season, not giving much away at the back other than the header that produced a fantastic save from Parry.

After his mistake for the first goal, I thought Cawley was very good for the rest of the game, and that back 4 looked far more comfortable in the 2nd half when Robertson came on. I much prefer the experience Taggs brings when he is at centre half as opposed to RB.

Cameron was posted missing in the first half but he did a job in the second, especially in the later stages, and he probably should have scored when Buchanan squared a ball across goal.

Think that’s the first time this season that we have ‘roughed’ a team up a bit, and as much as it’s not exactly a positive way to play, it showed a bit of fight that has been lacking recently.

No offence to the Queens fans, but hopefully that details what has been a fantastic run and brings them back in to the mess at the bottom. Just a shame Arbroath managed such a tremendous result against the Pars.

That was a disastrous result - Alloa got 3 undeserved points but so did we in the Morton game. All the old frailties re-emerged - a GK who cannot command his box not helped by some woeful defending.

Alloa look worse than we do but they have a bit more backbone than us - it will take a huge effort for us to finish out of bottom 2. These loan players look fine if things going well but were lost sheep in that second half.

If that moronic shouting from Peter Grant & Co constitutes “coaching” football in this country is truly doomed.

At least you’re taking it well.

If you tuned in today that was a bit rough on the production side. Everything was getting wet because the rain was sideways. Bloody east wind. It was blowing away the stuff covering the equipment.

We spent 45 minutes in the cold waiting on the officials and my fingers were numb before we started. So first replay what do I do? delete the replay scene... Chasing my tail from that moment on. I'm bloody glad to be inside. Three points are just a bonus.

Stream was spot on for me today - well done!

If you tuned in today that was a bit rough on the production side. Everything was getting wet because the rain was sideways. Bloody east wind. It was blowing away the stuff covering the equipment.
We spent 45 minutes in the cold waiting on the officials and my fingers were numb before we started. So first replay what do I do? delete the replay scene... Chasing my tail from that moment on. I'm bloody glad to be inside. Three points are just a bonus.

An interesting enough game and one that Alloa Athletic deserved to win. It was shaping up to be a fantastic encounter, with Queen of the South doing really well in the opening stages and perpetually getting behind the Wasps' defence, but it all seemed to grind to a halt after big Andy Graham's equaliser and then Connor Shields' substitution. The contest lost its tempo and Queen of the South only ever threatened again at the death when Neil Parry was forced into a good save from a header. Players like Wullie Gibson and Aidan Fitzpatrick, who both started well, seemed to drop out of it entirely.

I thought Alloa were a lot better in the second half - Jon Robertson made a difference when he came on - and Kevin Cawley took his goal well. Innes Cameron should have made sure of the win but he somehow failed to connect with a great ball across the goal line.

No issues with the stream, and I thought the young play-by-play commentator was very good.

I'd say something about the pre-match music but after reading the loathsome "Wasps1" will get a kick out of it, I'll refrain. How on earth is he still involved at the Recs!

At least you’re taking it well.

The football served up in this league has plumbed new depths - it is truly abysmal. I have
seen very few Championship matches this season that I can honestly say have been exciting or remotely entertaining. The Friday night matches that BBC have selected have been largely unwatchable. Every team is indistinguishable from the other - they all play kick and rush physical football and teams have little or no ball retention.Listening to Peter Grant shout moronic incoherent instructions for 90 minutes from the touch line highlights in a nutshell how our game has regressed so much in the last 2/3 decades.

18 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Stream was spot on for me

Stream froze for me not long after the equaliser. I logged out and went back in and it was fine. It was a bit shaky early on which I assume was the wind.

Overall it was fine for £12 though and I'd have no problem paying for that service again.