Arbroath vs Pars vs Poseidon vs Aeolus

Pars travel to the land of the smokie once more on Saturday.

Both teams played last night, with Arbroath drawing 1-1 with Inverness. We smashed a small team.

We've played Arbroath twice this season and won both. The first was in the League Cup at Gayfield and was a very enjoyable game that saw us run out 1-3 winners. The second was a horror of a game at East End that saw us win with a 1345th minute header by O'Hara.

We've been on an absolutely honking run that was halted last night. We hadn't been scoring yet last night we banged in four and created quite a lot of other chances. Hopefully this will be the start of a turnaround and we can start scoring and winning again. 

Much improved performance from us last night; indeed it was one of our best all season. Sadly we look to have lost Dow, and Euan Murray might be a doubt. I'd be keen for us to go with the same team with Turner in for Dow, but I fear we might see Crawford try a 4-4-2 again, something that just hasn't really worked.

I'd like to us go:

OFW (get those wrists sorted!)

Edwards Watson E Murray Comrie

Wilson Mayo

Banks Turner F Murray

McManus

Arbroath seem to be struggling a bit at the moment. What's went wrong this season?

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Pars travel to the land of the smokie once more on Saturday.

Both teams played last night, with Arbroath drawing 1-1 with Inverness. We smashed a small team.

We've played Arbroath twice this season and won both. The first was in the League Cup at Gayfield and was a very enjoyable game that saw us run out 1-3 winners. The second was a horror of a game at East End that saw us win with a 1345th minute header by O'Hara.

We've been on an absolutely honking run that was halted last night. We hadn't been scoring yet last night we banged in four and created quite a lot of other chances. Hopefully this will be the start of a turnaround and we can start scoring and winning again. 

Much improved performance from us last night; indeed it was one of our best all season. Sadly we look to have lost Dow, and Euan Murray might be a doubt. I'd be keen for us to go with the same team with Turner in for Dow, but I fear we might see Crawford try a 4-4-2 again, something that just hasn't really worked.

I'd like to us go:

OFW (get those wrists sorted!)

Edwards Watson E Murray Comrie

Wilson Mayo

Banks Turner F Murray

McManus

Arbroath seem to be struggling a bit at the moment. What's went wrong this season?

Struggling at the moment? No lost in 4 haha but I get your point we are near the bottom.

And nothing been going for us, main problem was putting ball in the net. Had great spells in games where we’ve been on top but never got a goal, then we’d lose one at other end and it was a right kick in the baws.

Kind of like the game at EEP, we really should’ve scored in that game and then in typical fashion we lost one right at the end and took f**k all from the game. We’ve been in most games this season only a handful of poor performances.

Hamilton and Williamson have been very good signings and we’ve been taking the game to teams recently. Unlucky not to win last night for me. 

Hoping that was the end of our seasonal bad run, time will tell. 

Can't really change the team after the display on Wednesday. 

Would love some clarification on what the score is with Turner and Thomas. That is a powerful bench if they're both on it. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

I’m refusing to watch any more Pars games until that big Lithuanian brute turns up.

It has been too long since we had someone like Morris or M’Voto who brought real artistry to the almost extinct craft of smashing folk into next week. Plus we can chuck him up front when all the other tactics have failed. 

1 minute ago, Shandön Par said:

It has been too long since we had someone like Morris or M’Voto who brought real artistry to the almost extinct craft of smashing folk into next week. Plus we can chuck him up front when all the other tactics have failed. 

You're bringing back horrible memories of Dundee Utd away.

Hope the weathers changes as is horrendous today with wind/rain/sleet and changing all the time as in gets bearable then 5 minutes later a monsoon.

If it goes ahead (and i really hope it does to keep the momentum going) this will be a very tough game as the Pars (especially in the cup game) are the best opposition team i have seen this season and Wighton will be a great addition to them for next season.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.   

Just checked your home record this season and we're the only team that via scoreline has really got past you in that 3-1 cup win. Every other game I think there's been a goal in it. 

We'll do well to come away with 3 points here. Hopefully we're able to make use of our strong-looking squad and keep things fresh. I think Craw has taken a leaf out of JC's rulebook and will change things up depending on many factors instead of just going with a winning side the previous game. 

On a different note, this is one of my favourite away days. 

Arbroath has a good selection of pubs and the scran is really good at the ground, and in town. 

It's a train journey if coming from Dunfermline /Inverkeithing which means a few beers on the train and maybe a quick pint at Dundee station if needing to change. (when the bar was open, I don't know if this re-opened before COVID?) 

It's also handy having a friend in Dundee for this one for post match night out etc, making a bit of a weekend of it. Also having stayed in Aberdeen it was a simple train hop down from there. More on that later.

Our record is fairly decent in my experience, with decent home fans and usually a fairly good sized away support making a bit of noise.

Do they still change ends at half time? Please tell me yes as this was absolutely class. 

One of my favourite games here was this one from 2013 https://www.dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?t=Arbroath+match+report&SID=First+Team&D=2013-12-21&ID=718

Got a bit drunk and merry with friends and had to get the train back up to Aberdeen as I had a shift working behind the bar of a hotel for the last Christmas party of the year. Drank the best part of a bottle of red wine on the train back up but got away with telling my manager I only had a couple of beers. He was really sound as I had told him I was going to be a bit later than normal and probably have a few pints in me as  we got along really well and he knew I'd put in a shift. Made a fortune in tips as I was merry as f**k and the party crowd were really friendly for a change. 

Edited by Stellaboz

On a different note, this is one of my favourite away days. 
Arbroath has a good selection of pubs and the scran is really good at the ground, and in town. 
It's a train journey if coming from Dunfermline /Inverkeithing which means a few beers on the train and maybe a quick pint at Dundee station if needing to change. (when the bar was open, I don't know if this re-opened before COVID?) 
It's also handy having a friend in Dundee for this one for post match night out etc, making a bit of a weekend of it. Also having stayed in Aberdeen it was a simple train hop down from there. More on that later.
Our record is fairly decent in my experience, with decent home fans and usually a fairly good sized away support making a bit of noise.
Do they still change ends at half time? Please tell me yes as this was absolutely class. 

One of my favourite games here was this one from 2013 https://www.dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?t=Arbroath+match+report&SID=First+Team&D=2013-12-21&ID=718
Got a bit drunk and merry with friends and had to get the train back up to Aberdeen as I had a shift working behind the bar of a hotel for the last Christmas party of the year. Drank the best part of a bottle of red wine on the train back up but got away with telling my manager I only had a couple of beers. He was really sound as I had told him I was going to be a bit later than normal and probably have a few pints in me as  we got along really well and he knew I'd put in a shift. Made a fortune in tips as I was merry as f**k and the party crowd were really friendly for a change. 
I remember that!! Literally had to push you out the boozer to get your train!!