Arbroath vs Pars vs Poseidon vs Aeolus

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

On a different note, this is one of my favourite away days. 

Arbroath has a good selection of pubs and the scran is really good at the ground, and in town. 

It's a train journey if coming from Dunfermline /Inverkeithing which means a few beers on the train and maybe a quick pint at Dundee station if needing to change. (when the bar was open, I don't know if this re-opened before COVID?) 

It's also handy having a friend in Dundee for this one for post match night out etc, making a bit of a weekend of it. Also having stayed in Aberdeen it was a simple train hop down from there. More on that later.

Our record is fairly decent in my experience, with decent home fans and usually a fairly good sized away support making a bit of noise.

Do they still change ends at half time? Please tell me yes as this was absolutely class. 

One of my favourite games here was this one from 2013 https://www.dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?t=Arbroath+match+report&SID=First+Team&D=2013-12-21&ID=718

Got a bit drunk and merry with friends and had to get the train back up to Aberdeen as I had a shift working behind the bar of a hotel for the last Christmas party of the year. Drank the best part of a bottle of red wine on the train back up but got away with telling my manager I only had a couple of beers. He was really sound as I had told him I was going to be a bit later than normal and probably have a few pints in me as  we got along really well and he knew I'd put in a shift. Made a fortune in tips as I was merry as f**k and the party crowd were really friendly for a change. 

Sadly the bar at Dundee station closed years ago. In fact they stripped it all out, so that area is empty. Outrageously there is no replacement and it looks unlikely that there will ever be. Sad times.

Talking of sad times, the last few times the police have stopped the changing of ends, despite there being no trouble doing so in the games in the years before. The police are absolute morons when it comes to football mind. They seem to genuine believe that Pars fans are massive troublemakers and itching for a fight. They seemingly have some 'intel' about it. Fucking idiots.

Sadly the bar at Dundee station closed years ago. In fact they stripped it all out, so that area is empty. Outrageously there is no replacement and it looks unlikely that there will ever be. Sad times.
Talking of sad times, the last few times the police have stopped the changing of ends, despite there being no trouble doing so in the games in the years before. The police are absolute morons when it comes to football mind. They seem to genuine believe that Pars fans are massive troublemakers and itching for a fight. They seemingly have some 'intel' about it. Fucking idiots.

Thankfully no segregation in Tutties. We’ve had some great day/nights with the Pars supporters

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

If the weather was shite will the Arbroath fans get really tetchy if that gets brought up? Or that Arbroath might have an advantage due to playing in windy conditions more? 

Not if it is actually bad. It’s only annoying when it’s fine and everyone bangs on about it, or when people think it’s like that every week. Maybe 2-4 times a year. 

It looks like it’ll be wild tomorrow. If so please go against the wind first half. Shitefest it then know what you have to do second half. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Segregation is a bizarre issue.   Angus police seem particularly weird with it.  Their approach seems to be based on how long since the sides last met.  Our first season in league 1 was quite often segregated,  come the 2nd season it was never required,  yet nothing had changed.   You also take the st mirren game to win promotion at glebe.  Build up was all about how fans were to be segregated, what ends each club had and that anyone in the wrong end would be kicked out. Then come match day and a big away support they took away the barriers,  

Incidents in grounds are virtually non-existent. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 times segregation has had any effect in my entire time watching the pars. With Cowden fans throwing bins at the fence being the only significant occasion. The police will probably think that number is in the hundreds if not thousands cos they think someone muttering f**k off under their breath Is going to cause a full scale riot.