Arbroath vs Pars vs Poseidon vs Aeolus

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

So we're meant to go man for man, rushing out to close players 40 yards from goal? Gies peace man, this is a shambles. 

It should have absolutely no bearing in the result. 

You're being silly. 

Maybe closing players down quicker would help. We've conceded goals from long range shots all season, so even without the wind I'm sure Arbroath would have tried it a few times today.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

You're being silly. 

Maybe closing players down quicker would help. We've conceded goals from long range shots all season, so even without the wind I'm sure Arbroath would have tried it a few times today.

I'm being silly? How many long shots do you reckon Arbroath will try against the win in the second half? 

Judging by body language of things/ look of the ref speaking to players etc. he's going to wait till half time and discuss/ look at it then.

Game should never have started IMO, and the fact it did means it's very difficult to call it now.

Just now, Grant228 said:

I'm being silly? How many long shots do you reckon Arbroath will try against the win in the second half? 

Eh? Obviously far less given they'll be against the wind, but I fail to see your point.

Just now, SimonLichtie said:

Judging by body language of things/ look of the ref speaking to players etc. he's going to wait till half time and discuss/ look at it then.

Game should never have started IMO, and the fact it did means it's very difficult to call it now.

It's not, they've given it a shot, it's a farce, get it called. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Eh? Obviously far less given they'll be against the wind, but I fail to see your point.

Far less? They won't be trying to shoot from range at all in the second half. 

Blaming the players for not rushing about closing down every player 40 yards from goal because there's a realistic chance that with this wind they could score is wild. 

Just now, embow said:

Given your game started would it not be the case over the ninety minutes that conditions, no matter how difficult, would be the same for both teams? 

What if the wind dies down? Doesn't matter who has the advantage first half if it was us or them, these conditions are utterly horrendous. Also doesn't matter about the score, you'd be hearing us saying the same thing if we'd somehow jammied a 1-0 lead. 

Quite happy with the scoreline at half time tbh, given how ludicrous it is. 
Dont think our players are going in feeling beaten, probably raring to get that wind in the second half n hit pot shots for 45mins.  

Hoping of course the wind is at least equally as bad in the second half.

Ive stuck a tenner on the Pars at 25/1