Your loan XI

GK: Matija Sarkic (Wolves) - Dropped a howler against Falkirk on his debut before going onto to assist Dykes in our 2-0 win against Celtic. Brilliant keeper that actually go his Montenegro call up with us when he was here. Cruelly recalled in January by Wolves to sit on the bench before signing for Aston Villa and going out on loan to Shrewsbury. From feeding long balls to Lyndon Dykes, to punting it to Curtis Main now. 

LB: Julien Serrano (Monaco) - A very puzzling signing, came to us from Monaco having played Champions League football a few times. A highlight of playing against Borussia Dortmund in the group stages and he ends up randomly in Livi thanks to a recommendation from Beziers manager, and ex-Livi, Didier Santini. Scored an absolute belter against Celtic from about 30 yards out and has been solid all season so far. 

CB: Ciaron Brown (Cardiff) - It's rare for a club to sign a player on loan two times, we've taken it one further and signed him 3 times in 3 consecutive seasons on loan. Managed to get a call up to the Northern Ireland squad with us and just gets better every season. Yet again, another player who came in on loan and scored a goal against Celtic, this time a header last month in what was one of his last appearances (for now). 

CB: Osman Kakay (QPR) - Wikipedia shows him as just "Defender" so I'm making him fit into CB. Came on loan from QPR and was severely average in a horrific side. However has somehow went on to become a bit of a regular for QPR and play for Sierra Leone twice. I'm still surprised he's a professional footballer but by all accounts is going on to have a decent career. 

RB: Callum Booth (Hibs) - He can play at RB, tough. Looked a decent prospect with us, and was one of those Hibs thought would break through. I remember it being a weirdly exciting loan at the time for whatever reason. Was okay defensively and great at swinging a cross in from deep, which he actually did for Doolan to score against us for Partick in the playoff games. Has went on to bounce around a few Premiership teams and maintained played at a decent level.

CM: Steve Tosh (Queen of the South) - Initially part of a very successful Livi side between 2000-2002. He eventually came back in 2010 in a loan swap deal(?) for Joe Hamill. 2 goals in 10 appearances, decent enough to be included. 

CM: Djibril Diani (Grasshopper Zurich) - He's only just signed but f**k it. One of those weird signings that you kind of get excited about since he's got youth caps with a decent nation. In this instance it's 9 U16 France caps and 1 goal. Signed with an option to buy so hope he's class, but 54 games for GZ is decent at 23. He's about 6'3, gangly and fast. All the makings of a cult hero and for those reasons meriting an inclusion to cover up the fact we've got no one else apart from Bobby Burns that comes to mind.

CM: David Fernández (Celtic) - The king of all loan signings for Livi so far, one of the best players I've ever seen at Livi. Celtic signed him for £1m from us, which was a long standing record fee for us. 8 in 41 for us, and then 3 in 27. One of those players that can turn nothing into something with the ball at his feet. 

ST: Ryan Hardie (Rangers) - When he signed he was written off by St Mirren fans, and as a January signing in a season you're going for promotion it's not what you want to hear. However he scored something like 4 goals against St Mirren in those months following as we ramped up to the Premiership. 15 goals in 37 is a great but the work he put it and the finishing he had on show just put him on a different level for us. Was a huge improvement on Danny Mullen for us. Doing decently well down at Plymouth just now as well, nice lad. 

ST: Roland Zárate (Vélez Sarsfield) - 2 Argentina appearances, 1 goal. An unusual loan signing given he went from Buenos Aires to Livingston but 33 appearances and 9 goals is a great return for a striker at Livi in the top league. Actually scored a double against Motherwell on his debut in a 3-2 win. 

ST: Colin McMenamin (Gretna) - Previously with us scoring 14 in 50 over 3 years, he returned to Livi on loan from Gretna going on to score 4 in 10 which again is a cracking return. Interestingly prior to joining us he scored 23 in 38 and was Gretna's player of the year. 

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I guess 9 players constitutes a full team. Considering how often St Mirren see reds, I guess that's normal.

I'm certainly not going to count shite like Emmanuel Sanoupe or Jake Caprice.

Technically you could count Lewis Morgan after Rodgers signed him and loaned him for the rest of the season but, to reiterate, we've never had any decent AMs/wingers. on loan.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm certainly not going to count shite like Emmanuel Sanoupe or Jake Caprice.

Technically you could count Lewis Morgan after Rodgers signed him and loaned him for the rest of the season but, to reiterate, we've never had any decent AMs/wingers. on loan.

Any that got better after they left the club? I took some liberties myself tbf, i.e. Healey.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Any that got better after they left the club? I took some liberties myself tbf, i.e. Healey.

Riyad Mahrez? Technically he wasn't on loan, he had a trial and immediately after stole a bike to ride to Paisley Gilmour St to because he didn't like the weather. More fool him because Paisley St. James is right across the road.

GK - Tomas Cerny/Remi Matthews or Luke Southwood. Cerny feels like cheating a wee bit since he only got gud when we signed him permanently. So have put Matthews/Southwood as the tradional loan signing since I can’t decide between them.)

RB- Jordan McMillan (I remember he was on loan at us and done ok in a few games. I then thought to myself I’m sure he went on to do something bad, seen on his wiki he played for Clyde and that answered that one without actually reading any further) I could have put Hodson here currently tbh, but he’s likely going to relegate us so can f**k off.

CB- Sam Stubbs (what a half season that was, a colossus)

CB- Jonathan Page *shrugs*

LB- Brian Easton (a c**t move but he rejoined us on loan for a bit after he originally signed for Burnley)

CM - Simon Mensing (cult hero, similar to Cerny but Simon says FTW)

CM - James Wesolowski

CM- Danny Redmond (cheating again but was fantastic in his original loan spell before getting signed permanently.)

ST- Stevie May

ST- Carlton Morris

ST- Big Mac (cheating a wee bit since he played for us like 8 times, but once was on loan)

Definitely a market I’d like to see Accies use more often currently because other than continuously getting great goalkeepers in on loan, in more recent times Stevie May and Carlton Morris are the only loan players (who then didn’t join up permanently) I think who done really well.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

25 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

GK: Matija Sarkic (Wolves) - Dropped a howler against Falkirk on his debut before going onto to assist Dykes in our 2-0 win against Celtic. Brilliant keeper that actually go his Montenegro call up with us when he was here. Cruelly recalled in January by Wolves to sit on the bench before signing for Aston Villa and going out on loan to Shrewsbury. From feeding long balls to Lyndon Dykes, to punting it to Curtis Main now. 

LB: Julien Serrano (Monaco) - A very puzzling signing, came to us from Monaco having played Champions League football a few times. A highlight of playing against Borussia Dortmund in the group stages and he ends up randomly in Livi thanks to a recommendation from Beziers manager, and ex-Livi, Didier Santini. Scored an absolute belter against Celtic from about 30 yards out and has been solid all season so far. 

CB: Ciaron Brown (Cardiff) - It's rare for a club to sign a player on loan two times, we've taken it one further and signed him 3 times in 3 consecutive seasons on loan. Managed to get a call up to the Northern Ireland squad with us and just gets better every season. Yet again, another player who came in on loan and scored a goal against Celtic, this time a header last month in what was one of his last appearances (for now). 

CB: Osman Kakay (QPR) - Wikipedia shows him as just "Defender" so I'm making him fit into CB. Came on loan from QPR and was severely average in a horrific side. However has somehow went on to become a bit of a regular for QPR and play for Sierra Leone twice. I'm still surprised he's a professional footballer but by all accounts is going on to have a decent career. 

RB: Callum Booth (Hibs) - He can play at RB, tough. Looked a decent prospect with us, and was one of those Hibs thought would break through. I remember it being a weirdly exciting loan at the time for whatever reason. Was okay defensively and great at swinging a cross in from deep, which he actually did for Doolan to score against us for Partick in the playoff games. Has went on to bounce around a few Premiership teams and maintained played at a decent level.

CM: Steve Tosh (Queen of the South) - Initially part of a very successful Livi side between 2000-2002. He eventually came back in 2010 in a loan swap deal(?) for Joe Hamill. 2 goals in 10 appearances, decent enough to be included. 

CM: Djibril Diani (Grasshopper Zurich) - He's only just signed but f**k it. One of those weird signings that you kind of get excited about since he's got youth caps with a decent nation. In this instance it's 9 U16 France caps and 1 goal. Signed with an option to buy so hope he's class, but 54 games for GZ is decent at 23. He's about 6'3, gangly and fast. All the makings of a cult hero and for those reasons meriting an inclusion to cover up the fact we've got no one else apart from Bobby Burns that comes to mind.

CM: David Fernández (Celtic) - The king of all loan signings for Livi so far, one of the best players I've ever seen at Livi. Celtic signed him for £1m from us, which was a long standing record fee for us. 8 in 41 for us, and then 3 in 27. One of those players that can turn nothing into something with the ball at his feet. 

ST: Ryan Hardie (Rangers) - When he signed he was written off by St Mirren fans, and as a January signing in a season you're going for promotion it's not what you want to hear. However he scored something like 4 goals against St Mirren in those months following as we ramped up to the Premiership. 15 goals in 37 is a great but the work he put it and the finishing he had on show just put him on a different level for us. Was a huge improvement on Danny Mullen for us. Doing decently well down at Plymouth just now as well, nice lad. 

ST: Roland Zárate (Vélez Sarsfield) - 2 Argentina appearances, 1 goal. An unusual loan signing given he went from Buenos Aires to Livingston but 33 appearances and 9 goals is a great return for a striker at Livi in the top league. Actually scored a double against Motherwell on his debut in a 3-2 win. 

ST: Colin McMenamin (Gretna) - Previously with us scoring 14 in 50 over 3 years, he returned to Livi on loan from Gretna going on to score 4 in 10 which again is a cracking return. Interestingly prior to joining us he scored 23 in 38 and was Gretna's player of the year. 

Sarkic went back to Villa then to Wolves and Kakay is more of a right back. I thought Zarate was a permanent signing

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Sarkic went back to Villa then to Wolves and Kakay is more of a right back. I thought Zarate was a permanent signing

Forgot what way it went with Sarkic haha. Knew about Kakay but just slotted him in to fill space. 

Zarate is down as a loan on Wikipedia but I didn't look further than that, could be wrong on there tbf

Edited by ATLIS

58 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

It was obvious he didn't want to play for us, signed by baldy bigot Alex Rae and as soon as the transfer window opened, he was punted by Jack Ross. That's not to say he wasn't a decent player, it's just that Rae was a c**t and alienated a lot of players.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

BBC SPORT | Scotland | Livi chase four signings

It was a one year loan, interestingly enough he's Mauro Zarate's big brother apparently, he played with Lazio, Inter, West Ham and Boca Juniors. Both started at Velez though

I believe he had 2 or 3 brothers who played football as well as his dad

Nathan Baxter (Chelsea)- looked decent for us Shame we couldn’t keep him , special mention to Gary woods

Erik Cikos (Slovan Bratislava)- brilliant right back probably our best in the spl followed closely by Kovacevic and Naismith , he then came back permanently and was sh*te

Marcus Fraser (Celtic)- became our captain after signing permanently 

Yann songo’o (Blackburn)- was brilliant for us surprised he’s not had a much better career , currently still with Derek Adam’s at morecambe

Leo Hjelde (Celtic)- early days but looks good and I was struggling for a LB

Filip Kiss (Cardiff)- great for us , aggressive with an eye for goal 

Charlie Adam (Rangers)- scored a belter for us and has gone on to have a great career

Jackson Irvine (Celtic)- integral to our league winning cup side , probably the best player in a county shirt in this list , hibs should feel very lucky

Jamie Lindsay (Celtic)- a good hard working midfielder who we eventually sold to Rotherham for a fee

Charlie Lakin (Birmingham)- been good for us this season and scored a few goals too , his free kick in the cup was great , hope he sticks around 

Jordan Slew (Blackburn)- really good hard working striker had everything to his game except goals think he only got one for us , another one who Adam’s has got to follow him to argyle and morecambe 

in reflection this team would have us in a higher league position than we are currently in and quite possibly in the top 6 , struggling for any wide midfielders we have had on loan though 

Edited by Rcfc fan

7 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

CM: Medhi Abeid - swear he only played like 5 games but f**k the most talented player I’ve ever seen in our colours

😍

Abeid was levels above us, and Scottish football, IMO, backed up by him spending the majority of his career as a regular in the French top flight.

I'm convinced he'll play for us again, despite the fact he's now earning a fucking fortune in Qatar.

Could probably get a few different decent lineups with this lot but I went 442 because I can't be arsed thinking about it right now.

GK  Pat Onstad

RB  Tony Ralston 

CB Andy Webster

CB Curtis Good

LB Connor Townsend

RM Cammy Smith

CM Willo Flood

CM  John Eustace 

LM Charlie Mulgrew

CF Pavol Safranko

CF Thomas Mikkelsen

Bench

AM Tony Andreu

CF Billy McKay

CF David Goodwillie

LW/AM Laurie Dalla Valley

CF/RW Milos Lacny

RB Paul Caddis

CM James Wesolowski

LB Warren Cummings

GK Harry Lewis (I need a keeper on the bench else he'd be on the list below) 

Honourable Banter mentions to 

Tim Khul

Jim O'brien

Pavel Mihadjuks

Warren Feeny

Jordan Robertson

Ronnie OBrian

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Nathan Baxter (Chelsea)- looked decent for us Shame we couldn’t keep him , special mention to Gary woods

Erik Cikos (Slovan Bratislava)- brilliant right back probably our best in the spl followed closely by Kovacevic and Naismith , he then came back permanently and was sh*te

Marcus Fraser (Celtic)- became our captain after signing permanently 

Yann songo’o (Blackburn)- was brilliant for us surprised he’s not had a much better career , currently still with Derek Adam’s at morecambe

Leo Hjelde (Celtic)- early days but looks good and I was struggling for a LB

Filip Kiss (Cardiff)- great for us , aggressive with an eye for goal 

Charlie Adam (Rangers)- scored a belter for us and has gone on to have a great career

Jackson Irvine (Celtic)- integral to our league winning cup side , probably the best player in a county shirt in this list , hibs should feel very lucky

Jamie Lindsay (Celtic)- a good hard working midfielder who we eventually sold to Rotherham for a fee

Charlie Lakin (Birmingham)- been good for us this season and scored a few goals too , his free kick in the cup was great , hope he sticks around 

Jordan Slew (Blackburn)- really good hard working striker had everything to his game except goals think he only got one for us , another one who Adam’s has got to follow him to argyle and morecambe 

in reflection this team would have us in a higher league position than we are currently in and quite possibly in the top 6 , struggling for any wide midfielders we have had on loan though 

I'll maybe have a pop at this later, but just from looking at this team, Michael Gardyne is a glaring omission. 

Mine is slightly different to @well fan for life purely because I honestly can't remember seeing much of Vadócz etc

Anyway:

GK: John Ruddy (Everton) - he was a very, very good goalkeeper

RB: Liam Grimshaw (Manchester United) - Initially loaned in by Baraclough as a midfielder before later making a permanent return and ending up a right back.

CB: Tom Aldred (Bury) - As said, Bury fans absolutely fucking hated him but he was absolutely outstanding for us.

CB: Peter Hartley (Blackpool) - Arguably his initial loan spell before he signed permanently was the best he played for us. Everything after was hampered by injury.

LB: Tony Straker (York City) - Apart from being the ML1 icon he is, he's a default choice as the only other option I can think of is Stephen Hendrie. 

CM: Conor Grant (Everton) - Another part of Baraclough's January trolley dash, scored on his debut against County and was generally a very tidy, technical player but didn't really break into the side ahead of Pearson. Ended up being nominally shoved wide right.

CM: Alan McCormack (Preston North End): Ended up bouncing around the EFL Championship, L1 & 2  with Southend, Brentford and Luton. Over 500 career appearances.

CM: Ross McCormack (Aston Villa): His loan spell was a disaster and lasted 4 appearances where he looked like the side of a house...however if we're talking about the player in general then peak Ross McCormack is definitely in there.

FW: Lionel Ainsworth (Rotherham) - The legend himself. The human highlight reel. Another who was initially here on loan before making a permanent move.

FW: Lukas Jutkiewicz (Everton) - Apart from that goal he was/is a smashing all round centre forward.

FW: Gboly Ariyibi (Nottingham Forest)  - The best fun in a million years. 

Honourable mention to Nadir Ciftci (Celtic). Conor Ripley (Middlesborough), John Spencer (Everton)

Edited by capt_oats

Going for a completely different team from @RossBFaeDundee who made some very good picks.

GK: Conor Hazard - Not a good goalkeeper by any stretch of the imagination but it was either him or Marco Roccatti. Roccatti was an infinitely a better keeper but he wasn't great either and ultimately goes down as one of the biggest wastes of money we've ever spent to the point some label him as our worst ever. We had to pay for his personal GK coach and entourage and paid him decent Serie A wages. It'd be like signing Dubravka from Newcastle or something now and paying for everything except he was a shite keeper. Therefore, Hazard is in by default because he improved our team by not being Jack Hamilton and as we don't tend to loan goalkeepers.

RB: Martyn Corrigan - 243 games for Motherwell then deemed past it. Corrigan played for us from October 2007-January 2008 making 4 appearances. Looked to be ideal and a banker to sign permanently in January but the 31 year old (Jeez, I thought he was at least 35ish) went straight back to the top flight with Kilmarnock. Still reckon he should have stayed with us as he couldn't really break into the Killie team and then fell down the leagues pretty rapidly thereafter.

CH: Maros Klimpl - He was shite, but he limited Bob Malcolm's appearances for us. That's the only positive. Cracking off field personality as a supposed hard man, but played like a shitebag on the pitch.

CH: Gary Smith - Known more for his stints at Aberdeen & Hibs, Smith's career was in its final stages back in 2006. Cowden were in the then 2nd division, he'd played 10 games for them they were flirting with relegation, sacked their manager and then passed over him for the job which led to him joining us on loan and helping us sow our seeds of recovery from the disastrous Kernaghan spell. Fans at the time went from being disgusted at the signing to being desperate for him to sign on. Unfortunately, he chose to retire at the end of that season!

LB: Eddie Malone - Signed on loan from St Mirren and immediately displaced future DAB Paul Dixon in the team. Signed permanently thereafter.

RW: Javier Artero - Would be talked of in the same breath as Nemsadze, Carranza and Caballero from that era if it weren't for the fact he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis pretty soon after he signed permanently with us for £300k. Brilliant, genius. Last seen as the co-commentator for Real Madrid's club channel.

LW: Scott Wright - Average player, but I'm fed up typing now and with just another CH to slot in (I'm typing this differently from the order you are reading it) he's just a 'You'll do' candidate.

AMC: Giorgios Efrem - Very talented player that never got a break at Rangers. Reckon his talent would see him be a star for them these days.

ST: Paco Luna - Cult hero at Dens and well loved. Was a bizarre but emotional moment when he was serenaded by the fans as he was warming up in front of the Bobby Cox when he was a sub for Hibs. Not sure if he's as well loved there.

ST: Dyron Daal - Utterly fucking pish everywhere bar us. Dundee fans were gutted when St Johnstone signed him permanently after he scored 5 goals in 7 appearances for us and St Johnstone fans were elated that'd they got their man. St Johnstone fans were the ones soon gutted with his contributions and he subsequently stunk out Scottish football for another couple of seasons.

ST: Carl Finnigan - Looked the absolute business. Done respectfully for Falkirk, went to St Johnstone where he struggled to get a chance and then joined us and scored 3 goals in 5 appearances. Then signed permanently, got a nasty injury and only played about 8 more times for us where he didn't look the same player that was on loan. Played in the English junior leagues pretty much since with quick stops in South Africa and Botswana.

7 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Danny Ward

Michael Hector
Max Lowe
x
x

McCrorie
Christie
Maddison
x
x

Di Rocco

I'm sure other dandies will contribute...

I'd put Aluko in one of the forward/ midfield slots and possibly Ferne Snoyl in another. 

If you just need warm bodies at Rb and CH we could use McGlaughlin and Tate, but only by default. 

I don't recall us making much use of loans before McInnes.