Super saints v Celtic 10/02/21 No. 3 of 4

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I last looked about 5 or so mins ago and it was still 1-0 Celtic, how the f**k is it 4-0 now?

Because St Mirren are pretty pish.

I say this fully aware we could be pumped by Celtic at the weekend, we won't though because we are thankfully not as shite as St Mirren. 

1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

Hope it’s nothing serious with Welsh, the lad was really coming onto a game.
Was enjoying seeing less of Duffy.

Also hope it nothing serious,  but no different a challenge from big Jon than Brown's or McGregor's first half.

Obika gets booked , they don't. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Because St Mirren are pretty pish.

I say this fully aware we could be pumped by Celtic at the weekend, we won't though because we are thankfully not as shite as St Mirren. 

7-0 Celtic. 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Also hope it nothing serious,  but no different a challenge from big Jon than Brown's or McGregor's first half.

Obika gets booked , they don't. 

Obika's challenge was no where near as bad as Brown's or McGregor's. He stood on Welsh's foot. It's probably a booking but not comparable to the two Celtic ones in the first half. 

Just now, houston_bud said:

Obika's challenge was no where near as bad as Brown's or McGregor's. He stood on Welsh's foot. It's probably a booking but not comparable to the two Celtic ones in the first half. 

You think the 2 Celtic challenges were sending offs ? 

That was fairly shite from us from start to finish.

The McGrath injury took the wind about us. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Nice finish for Celtic’s first, but poor defending from us.

A joke of a penalty from Robertson and we just imploded from there.

The decision not to book McGregor and Brown and to give Obika a yellow for pretty much the same thing shows just how much of a shitebag weasle Don Robertson is.

Hopefully the boy Welsh isn’t badly hurt. He looked decent.

All in all, a shite night for us.

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You think the 2 Celtic challenges were sending offs ? 

I think McGregor's is maybe a red card. It's a yellow every day of the week. Brown's is a yellow too, he goes to ground and his studs catch Flynn in the achilles. 

Obika stands on Welsh's foot. It's a sore one for the boy as he obviously twisted his ankle but it's totally accidental. I'd have no problem with Obika being booked if Brown and McGregor had been. 

I also think Welsh should've been booked in the first couple of minutes when he was really late on McGrath. 

4 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Poor second half but the penalty finished it. Never a penalty again!!! No complaint about being beaten but the ref was poor and had a major influence

The contract on Obika against Killie at the weekend was more than the penalties we've conceded against Hibs and Celtic. 

Is this some sort of Irish conspiracy against us ? Don't the biased refs know Saint Mirin came from Ireland ffs. 

And if they knew their history..... we might have got a draw.

It's the inconsistency that makes you wonder if there's actually bias towards the OF.

Two yellow card tackles early on by Celtic players, not even a word.

A few weeks ago away to St Johnstone, Obika feels the slightest touch and throws himself to the ground... and is rightly booked.

Against Killie and against Saints, a Celtic player feels the slightest ouch and throws himself to the ground... and gets a penalty.

It's a puzzle!

4 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I think McGregor’s was worth a yellow, Brown wins the ball and doesn’t leave much on him. Just my opinion.

The 3 challenges were yellows imo. Difference though, the 2 Celtic ones were quite early in the game and both would have been walking a tightrope the rest of the 90 minutes. Obika's was a strikers challenge late in the game.

Anyway.... moving on.

I don't think our confidence will be hit after that. Despite not playing particularly well in the second half we were in it till a dodgy penalty, then the heads going down for a few minutes.

What WILL hit us is if McGrath is also going to be out for any kind of time at all.

I know it was only the first 10 minutes, but with McGrath in the team we looked at least as good as Celtic.

Dennis and Brophy already out for a period, and if McGrath joins them we could struggle.