Super saints v Celtic 10/02/21 No. 3 of 4

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hope that last sentence doesnt come back to bite you on the arse 😂

It's genuinely mental you think the title isnt Rangers. 

They need 16pts from 10 games just now, and that's if Celtic win every game. They play each other twice, if Rangers win both then they need 10pts from 8 games.

It's done.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's going to be some patter when, after months of "our greatest season in my lifetime!/diddy Saintees!" chat from St Mirren fans, they finish below us and we win a trophy.

That will be difficult given all your sodden-knickered posts in the last few months about how you are definitely going to finish bottom and are the worst team in the history of humanity. :lol:

Just now, djchapsticks said:

That will be difficult given all your sodden-knickered posts in the last few months about how you are definitely going to finish bottom and are the worst team in the history of humanity. :lol:

You'll learn how this all works eventually. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh, I've been here long enough to know that you are a complete panic merchant who never gives his team credit for being better than they actually are. 

That you giving St Johnstone a compliment? 

I'd like to return that but I think St Mirren are pretty awful tbh. Less awful than last season but nonetheless still pretty awful.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That you giving St Johnstone a compliment? 

I'd like to return that but I think St Mirren are pretty awful tbh. Less awful than last season but nonetheless still pretty awful.

I'm usually pretty complimentary about St. Johnstone.

I wouldn't expect you to return the compliment Tam, it would fly directly in the face of your 'I'm a c**t' persona. :lol: 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

They need 16pts from 10 games just now, and that's if Celtic win every game. They play each other twice, if Rangers win both then they need 10pts from 8 games.

It's done.

Surely if Rangers win both they'd only need 4 points from the other 8 games?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's done.

Have you watched the invincibles last 3 games, they are winning the league. No ifs, no buts, they are winning it.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's going to be some patter when, after months of "our greatest season in my lifetime!/diddy Saintees!" chat from St Mirren fans, they finish below us and we win a trophy.

Imagine being that rattled by a few St Johnstone supporters on a football website that you’re going to spend your Sunday afternoon supporting Celtic in your St Mirren pyjamas. A sorry state of affairs 😔

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Imagine being that rattled by a few St Johnstone supporters on a football website that you’re going to spend your Sunday afternoon supporting Celtic in your St Mirren pyjamas. A sorry state of affairs 😔

Pretty sure most of us are reluctant 90 minute old firm fans when they're playing against clubs near you in the table.

Edited by Bobby_F

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Pretty sure most of us a reluctant 90 minute old firm fans when they're playing against clubs near you in the table.

He's too thick to grasp this.

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Pretty sure most of us are reluctant 90 minute old firm fans when they're playing against clubs near you in the table.

Nothing reluctant about it. I want us to retain that 6th position, so I’m supporting everyone from Livingston up, when they play anyone currently below St Mirren. 

Penalty was so soft, identical to the one Obika didn't get against Killie (rightly). 

Obika's challenge looks like a yellow for me. He doesn't catch Welsh high, but stands on his foot, just unfortunate that he's got injured from it. Still it got Duffy on and he set up our best chance. 

Ehhhh. Shite, that. I turned it off as the penalty hit the back of the net (I was working late so didn't need the distraction.)

TBH, I'm reasonably happy to chalk it up as a very poor night at the office. We were two different teams either side of the injury, and McGrath going off really knocked our rhythm. I'm not playing 'what if' - I reckon Celtic would obviously still have come into the game and likely would have won - but the way we set about them at the start looked very promising.

The wrongly-given penalty basically turned it from a very likely 1-0 into a 4-0 when our heads dropped. 

Most worrying is the loss of McGrath, the apparent loss of Brophy. Suddenly it's all heaped back on Obika. Who, tbf, played pretty well last night, but I think we've seen isn't the answer up top on his own. Lot of pressure on Quaner hitting the ground running.

57 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ehhhh. Shite, that. I turned it off as the penalty hit the back of the net (I was working late so didn't need the distraction.)

TBH, I'm reasonably happy to chalk it up as a very poor night at the office. We were two different teams either side of the injury, and McGrath going off really knocked our rhythm. I'm not playing 'what if' - I reckon Celtic would obviously still have come into the game and likely would have won - but the way we set about them at the start looked very promising.

The wrongly-given penalty basically turned it from a very likely 1-0 into a 4-0 when our heads dropped. 

Most worrying is the loss of McGrath, the apparent loss of Brophy. Suddenly it's all heaped back on Obika. Who, tbf, played pretty well last night, but I think we've seen isn't the answer up top on his own. Lot of pressure on Quaner hitting the ground running.

We've had a lot of bad luck with injuries recently, and him getting a bad one 10 minutes in to his debut epitomised that.

We really need at least a couple of those guys back, as in just a few weeks we've gone from a squad with a fair amount of strength in depth (defence aside!) to one that's stretched painfully thin!