Dons v Saints - The Jim Goodwin Audition For A Big Job

Guest Bob Mahelp

Apparently JDH was on crutches.

Useful player for us, I've got a sneaking suspicion that he might have his head turned as we get closer the end of the season and he eyes a move to somewhere offering more cash (and to be fair he's probably worth it).

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well if the council get their way we're moving closer to the sea 🤣

The issue is the open area between the away end and the Richard Donald stand. There probably isn't any appetite to close that off though.

Wish Derek would get in the sea.

2 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Group stage Yoorupean football and a foar million pound windwall for 3rd I heard?

image.png.cd3acccc56de08d9322a46fc857e373f.png

Thanks for the seven summers you spent bumbling around in the foothills of the UEFA Grampians, Del.

Did wonders for the coefficient so it did. Now, if you don't mind us, we're off to the Himalayas of group stage football.

RossWithIt.gif.e2b33153ce36c8c03ba8756298984aa7.gif

Edited by HibsFan

Dire game of football.

Take the point, but two new potential injuries to two important midfielders a bit of a nightmare.

That’s McGrath., Brophy, Dennis, Quaner (sp!), and now potentially JDH and Flynn all out.

Think we’re going to have to rely on some of the young boys in the 4 games we’ve got over the next 2 weeks.

So frustrating as I think we were well placed to take a decent haul from those games and secure the top 6.

Going to be much harder with half a team out.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

His manager wasn't running his mouth about diving the other day though!

Think your manager has a lot more to worry about than diving players to be fair.

Shite game spoiled by the wind, mostly.

DJC called it correctly. Should haver called it 0-0 at HT. Would have saved me £12.99 ,as dodgy stream was pish, so I "paid up" at HT.:lol:

We're down to the bare bones and I really thought that Aberdeen would have taken advantage of that.

Edited by FTOF

FT 0-0
Take that all day long, a fantastic point for us. The wheels certainly haven’t fell off the wagon as I read earlier this week, we’re still doing just fine. Draw a fair result but if anyone deserved to win the game it was us, we had the best chance of the match in the first half.
What an absolute gang Aberdeen are. We go to their place to play our 7th game in 20 days missing several key first team players. They can’t get us at all, they barely created a chance the whole game. Absolutely brutal and I have no idea how they have so many points.
Our top performers were at the back again, yet another clean sheet. That defensive quartet of Fraser, McCarthy, Shaughnessy and Tait is comfortably the best I’ve ever seen at the club. They’re all experienced and know their roles and they ate up everything that the Dons threw at them today.
Special mention to Marcus Fraser, I think he’s brilliant. Solid as they come at right back and does get forward too. He’s only 26 and just on a one year deal. He’d be near the top of my ‘new contract please’ list.
Still think 40 points should do it for top six, seven to go now. And now four home games in a row, beat Accies on Wednesday and we are well on our way.
Aye Fraser has been a really solid signing, hes coming onto a game as well.

McCarthy getting better every week too.

Shaughnessy had his usual brain fart but thankfully it didn't cost us

13 minutes ago, Jute said:

Can I enquire what you are drinking and does it come in pints?

Yes, it’s called “st Mirren tears” after we just put a bruising dent in their top 6 ambitions. 

Or I could be honest and say that was one of the worst 2 hour periods of my life. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, it’s called “st Mirren tears” after we just put a bruising dent in their top 6 ambitions. 

Or I could be honest and say that was one of the worst 2 hour periods of my life. 

You did manage a clean sheet against one of the best teams in the league. 

Small steps and all that. Maybe you'll score a goal soon.

Fraser is a very underrated player for us. Nothing spectacular, but a solid 7/10 every week. I think that was a really important point today. We've played Dundee United and Aberdeen away, Killie and Hibs at home and Celtic twice in our last 6 games and taken 10 points. That puts us in a great position going into a run of games against the bottom 6.