P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

24 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

IN 19TH PLACE, WITH 21 POINTS FROM 5 VOTES

Against a plain face of aged and scratched marble, the title of the game is embossed in a metallic font. At the center of the frame, in the same style as the title, is an uneven runic trilith with a dot in its middle. Icons representing the developer, publisher, and content rating are placed along the bottom of the frame.

Game: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Platform: Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3
Release date: 2006
Gameplay:

Lasting cultural impact outside of video games:

I've never once played Oblivion but have spent a lot of time watching NPC videos on YouTube. 

I used to watch my mate play Oblivion and it looked pretty fun, he was a skoom head. 

Edited by Stormzy

I was in Leigh at the weekend and it felt like everyone was an Oblivion NPC. Guys walking in a set motion between the bookies and the market square. Knew if I went over and spoke to them they would tell me the town rumours, enlighten me to their occupation and maybe give me a quest marker.

This thread has quietened down a fair bit so I'm going to launch some bombs

Mass Effect 2: More like Ass Effect 2 (because the Miranda stuff and edgy tone suggests the game was made by teenage boys)

Half Life 2: Aged like shit. Not as good as Halo or Call of Duty

Oblivion: The beginning of the series' shift to mediocre fantasy bullshit and Bethesda rebranding its unplayable games as charming.

Civ IV: Some folks need to play V or grow up and play a Paradox game

Command and Conquer: Cummand and Honker (it's shit!)

Super Mario Odyssey: goo goo ga ga < that's for the kids who voted for a kids game

18 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

This thread has quietened down a fair bit so I'm going to launch some bombs

Mass Effect 2: More like Ass Effect 2 (because the Miranda stuff and edgy tone suggests the game was made by teenage boys)

Half Life 2: Aged like shit. Not as good as Halo or Call of Duty

Oblivion: The beginning of the series' shift to mediocre fantasy bullshit and Bethesda rebranding its unplayable games as charming.

Civ IV: Some folks need to play V or grow up and play a Paradox game

Command and Conquer: Cummand and Honker (it's shit!)

Super Mario Odyssey: goo goo ga ga < that's for the kids who voted for a kids game

You can shove a metal pan scrubber up your arse.

20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I did rather get the impression that the ME2 devs were on crunch so long that their virginities grew back. Some absolutely hilarious wannabe-Phwoar! moments in that game.

Not a patch on the original, however, which was notoriously a sex simulator featuring full penetration and graphic full-frontal nudity...according to the TV channel who would later bring you "there's no real evidence that the election was rigged, but it is scientific fact".

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I did rather get the impression that the ME2 devs were on crunch so long that their virginities grew back. Some absolutely hilarious wannabe-Phwoar! moments in that game.

Not a patch on the original, however, which was notoriously a sex simulator featuring full penetration and graphic full-frontal nudity...according to the TV channel who would later bring you "there's no real evidence that the election was rigged, but it is scientific fact".

Going by some of the places I post I'm putting 20 stacks down on 2 getting a minor backlash and being subsumed into the ongoing culture war when the Legendary Edition releases.

Also going by the options in the first one did anyone ever choose anyone but Liara (who even tbf gets a lot better as the series develops)

Edited by NotThePars

21 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Going by some of the places I post I'm putting 20 stacks down on 2 getting a minor backlash and being subsumed into the ongoing culture war when the Legendary Edition releases.

Also going by the options in the first one did anyone ever choose anyone but Liara (who even tbf gets a lot better as the series develops)

They've got ahead of the game and have apparently moved the camera in some scenes. So, no more embarrassing waist-high camera from behind Miranda during conversations. The horny hordes are having tantrums about the terrible censorship  :rolleyes:

I've had ME1 playthroughs where I made my mind up to romance Kaidan, and just couldn't go through with it. Such a sinfully boring faux-earnest cardboard cut-out of a character. Get him fired into the heart of a nuclear blast, even if his alternative was a God-bothering space racist. Wrex is more romantically appealing, never mind Liara.

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't see why they are taking the camera angles out of those shots. It's hardly for kids anyway.

Because it's embarrassingly juvenile. Zooming in on a female character's assets during a scene where there isn't even any sexual tension is just bizarrely thirsty.

Schindler's List is for adults too, but I think it might seem a bit off if the camera had hovered around Liam Neeson's arse  :lol:

He's got a decent arse. Plus, they were funny (ME2, not Schindler's List). I think the people deciding to take them out have more of a problem tbh. In a game where you can get your bits into aliens, it's hardly a huge matter.

On 30/04/2021 at 07:26, Stellaboz said:

He's got a decent arse. Plus, they were funny (ME2, not Schindler's List). I think the people deciding to take them out have more of a problem tbh. In a game where you can get your bits into aliens, it's hardly a huge matter.

And, according to Billy Connolly, a massive walloper.

I vaguely remember seeing that they're including a Photo Mode for the ME remakes, so they probably figured that the compulsive masturbators can use that to ogle whoever they want, however they fancy.

On 29/04/2021 at 20:14, BFTD said:

There was some 'gay panic' as well, with some media outlets claiming young guys were being 'radicalised', 'brainwashed' or 'converted' in to becoming gay due to the 'hugely graphic' gay sex scenes in the game.

Charlie Brooker did a good column about it.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There was some 'gay panic' as well, with some media outlets claiming young guys were being 'radicalised', 'brainwashed' or 'converted' in to becoming gay due to the 'hugely graphic' gay sex scenes in the game.

Charlie Brooker did a good column about it.

I don't think it's in that video, but I remember something on Fox about how the game featured graphic anal insertions and all sorts of other nonsense. You can imagine my disappointment when I actually played it.

I think the first Witcher game was out at the same time. I guess they figured that nobody would be surprised about full-frontal nudity in a game made by bloody Europeans. That, and they obviously had to censor the game for North American audiences  :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I don't think it's in that video, but I remember something on Fox about how the game featured graphic anal insertions and all sorts of other nonsense. You can imagine my disappointment when I actually played it.

I think the first Witcher game was out at the same time. I guess they figured that nobody would be surprised about full-frontal nudity in a game made by bloody Europeans. That, and they obviously had to censor the game for North American audiences  :rolleyes:

It's amusing how tame the 'sex' scenes actually are.

Also anyone who doesn't choose Liara is deficient. 

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's amusing how tame the 'sex' scenes actually are.

Also anyone who doesn't choose Liara is deficient. 

I went through Mass Effect celibate on my first go, mainly because Liara seemed quite young and naive, and it was a bit...icky. Like chatting up freshers in a nightclub (@welshbairn)

This is my excuse for not getting my hole in real life, BTW.

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

Did you ever play Fahrenheit? Theres a sex scene in that where you actually control your guy pumping your ex 😂😂😂

Thank Christ they cut that out of San Andreas.

There was an old Ubisoft adventure game called BAT that had (IIRC) a cringey joystick-waggling rumpy-pumpy scene. They knew in advance that the Brits would lose their shit about anything involving the 'S' word, so we got a version where you had to impress a lassie with your dance moves  :lol:

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I went through Mass Effect celibate on my first go, mainly because Liara seemed quite young and naive, and it was a bit...icky. Like chatting up freshers in a nightclub (@welshbairn)

This is my excuse for not getting my hole in real life, BTW.

Tali was similar.

51 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Did you ever play Fahrenheit? Theres a sex scene in that where you actually control your guy pumping your ex 😂😂😂

Haha, no, never played that.

I can't decide who is worse either. The west with the dumb action and 90s-esque softcore sex scenes or Japan where there's deep meditations on complex themes while the protagonists run around basically in the buff and are maybe also teenagers.