P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

ME2 is absolutely glorious. The whole trilogy is really.

The Illusive Man is a knob. Daft old smoking space supremacist shitehawk.

The game does introduce us to the most boring character across the trilogy in Jacob. An utter yawn of a man.

I don't get why Mordin is so popular. He's an insufferable, arrogant dick who is partial to a bit of the old genocide. His refusal to accept that it was wrong made me want to do him in.

The first time I played and found out who Archangel was, I was buzzing, as they are the absolute top guy.

Anyway, how about the suicide mission? A level of emotion that will f**k you up if you haven't prepared properly.

Mordin is brilliant and his singing is top notch. I do like randomly sending you Scientist Salarian. Genocide? Good reason for that. 

It's also a tremendous last mission where you can either end up with everyone still alive, or pretty much everyone dead. It sets up the last game incredibly well I feel, pointing to something that is felt throughout the trilogy better than any other- emotion. This game pulls out every emotion from you with the characters, story and don't discount the soundtrack as part of that. 

Agree about The Illusive Man being a knob though. His teeth must be horrific and I'd hate to be the cleaner there. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't get why Mordin is so popular. He's an insufferable, arrogant dick who is partial to a bit of the old genocide. His refusal to accept that it was wrong made me want to do him in.

Makes for a good moment in 3 though.

Spoiler

"Because I was WRONG!"

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Mordin is brilliant and his singing is top notch. I do like randomly sending you Scientist Salarian. Genocide? Good reason for that. 

It's also a tremendous last mission where you can either end up with everyone still alive, or pretty much everyone dead. It sets up the last game incredibly well I feel, pointing to something that is felt throughout the trilogy better than any other- emotion. This game pulls out every emotion from you with the characters, story and don't discount the soundtrack as part of that. 

Agree about The Illusive Man being a knob though. His teeth must be horrific and I'd hate to be the cleaner there. 

Haha, f**k off with his pishy wee song! I never take him on missions. I leave him in his stupid wee lab.

I've never done a playthrough where most die in the Suicide Mission. In fact, in nearly all my playthroughs everyone makes it. There are a couple of expendable comrades, but I absolutely couldn't ever lose Garrus or Tali.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Makes for a good moment in 3 though.

Hide contents

"Because I was WRONG!"

He always was!

Miguel is sitting here waiting for someone to launch a nuclear take on Mass Effect 2. It's not gonna happen. People are generally sound on that game. I tried to listen to a pod that slammed it and I was full Jose taking the headset off inside 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Miguel is sitting here waiting for someone to launch a nuclear take on Mass Effect 2. It's not gonna happen. People are generally sound on that game. I tried to listen to a pod that slammed it and I was full Jose taking the headset off inside 10 minutes.

I was expecting more tbh, quite disappointed. Although this popped up in my youtube recommendations today

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was expecting more tbh, quite disappointed. Although this popped up in my youtube recommendations today

I get the criticism of it but it's still just a fun time all around. Half tempted by the remaster because I have no self-control.

IN JOINT 22ND PLACE, WITH 19 POINTS FROM 3 VOTES

Half-Life 2 cover.jpg

Game: Half-Life 2
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Release date: 2004
Gameplay: 

Zero Punctuation review:

Poll-maker notes: I had this in The Orange Box I got to play Portal. Don't think I ever played this. Oh well.
Cultural impact outside of video games: Have you ever seen a meme about Valve or Half-Life 3? People who like this game are responsible.

The icon art shows Mario, a cartoon-like mustachioed man, jumping and throwing his anthropomorphic hat Cappy towards the viewer. Behind them is a collage consisting of screenshots from different areas from the game, including a large picture of an urban location.

Game: Super Mario Odyssey
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release date: 27 October 2017
Gameplay:

Zero Punctuation review:

User comments: 

"Just pure unadulterated joy from start to finish.  I expect I won't be the only one to put a Mario title on their list, but this is probably a rare one.  I was never a Nintendo person, so outside of the originals way back in the day, I haven't played any.  I got the Switch, and utterly loved this game to bits.  It's just fun, in a way that a lot of games don't even try to be these days.  Nothing edgy or controversial, just a really tight game mechanically that looks great and is utterly charming.  Just wonderful."

"the best title in the best video game series of all time"

Poll-maker comments:
Frinkiac - S05E14 - SHE'S JUST A REGULAR MALIBU STACY WITH A STUPID, CHEAP  HAT.

Cncra-win-cover.jpg

Game: Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Platform: PC, PlayStation
Release date: 1996
Gameplay:

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

C&C red alert was fantastic, as was red alert 2 and yuris revenge expansion pack 

C&C games in general were good, yeah most was the same, build resources, defend base then wipe everyone out, something just felt good when you assembled a collection of tanks, humvees jeeps and whatever else and marched towards a base

My school had a room where, at lunchtime, a group of about 20 folk would spend the whole hour playing Half Life.

I never got invited in, and have still never played the game, but the whole mystique of the room made me desperate to play it for ages.

Half Life 2 had to be one of mine. Was the birth of the original Source engine which also gave us Counter Strike Source, Portal, Left 4 Dead, and of course, Garry's Mod.

I'll wait the inevitable comments that this is shite but this was my favourite video of the '00s. If nothing else it's a banger of a playlist.