Daft Punk Are Dead, Helmets for Sale

NotThePars

The robots named after a disparaging review call it quits after 28 years. Fun fact: they were apparently signed first by Glasgow techno big hitters Slam. https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/slam-glasgow-duo-signed-daft-punk-talk-25-years-soma-label-premiere-long-lost-remix-daft-punks-drive-2018162

What's the forum's takes? Did anyone see them at the famous Rock Ness show? I was one year too young and am still mad to this day that my parents held off having a wean for an extra year.

Edited by NotThePars

I'm just amazed that there are two Latest Topics with 'Helmets' in the subject line, and neither are about the obvious.

Edit: Discovery's one of the few albums that I can listen to without wanting to skip past weaker tracks, and I've literally heard every single song used in advertising at some time or another.

Edited by BFTD

Was into them through homework and the stuff they did on roule. I rate them but not alongside true innovators. Very good at what they do and the live shows. Slightly went off them when it became style over substance but would still listen to most of their stuff and enjoy it.

Their stuff was very accessible to anyone and not that groundbreaking after the first lp.

Slightly gutted by this news even though I was quite disappointed by Random Access Memories, just couldn't get into it really although it's not a bad album. 

As for Rockness, yeah I was there and to this day it's the best live set I've ever witnessed, the atmosphere in that tent was electric. Doubt I'll ever witness anything close to it again.

Not many videos on YouTube that do it justice but there's a few out there 

There's a case, regardless of how technically groundbreaking each individual record was, to be made that every album they put out was a gamechanger in some regard. Everyone sounded like Discovery for a while after it released and same to some extent with RAM while Human After All and the Alive Tour probably jump started the EDM craze and helped drag electronic music back into the limelight after a few years playing second fiddle to the landfill indie craze.

God I just miss being endlessly hyped about blog house.

Edited by NotThePars