The Championship, This is some league!

Ok so nothing that isn't obvious if you look at the table, but with about 9 games to go:

This is a 10 team league and with a third of the season to go the top team obviously has a 26 point difference over last place, but.....

Between 2nd/3rd top and 2nd bottom there's only 10 points.

Between the promotion playoff and relegation play off spots there's 8 points (LESS THAN 3 WINS) and only 1 point more to the automatic spot.

Seems league positions can change so fast, the teams who started slowly  (QOTS & Arbroath) have suddenly climbed above the fancied sides who started well like Dundee, Ayr and  Inverness, teams most expected to be doing much better.

Some might think it an exciting and entertaining league, well maybe to the neutral, I think it sucks, far too cut throat. 

I know there's a ways to go, things will change and don't get me wrong I'd rather be here than the seaside league but you get the feeling you could be biting your nails right up until the last day.

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Ok so nothing that isn't obvious if you look at the table, but with about 9 games to go:

This is a 10 team league and with a third of the season to go the top team obviously has a 26 point difference over last place, but.....

Between the promotion playoff and relegation play off spots there's 8 points (LESS THAN 3 WINS) and only 1 point more to the automatic spot.

Seems league positions can change so fast, the teams who started slowly  (QOTS & Arbroath) have suddenly climbed above the fancied sides who started well like Dundee, Ayr and  Inverness, teams most expected to be doing much better.

Some might think it an exciting and entertaining league, well maybe to the neutral, I think it sucks, far too cut throat. 

I know there's a ways to go, things will change and don't get me wrong I'd rather be here than the seaside league but you get the feeling you could be biting your nails right up until the last day.

Nah, it's pish.  We are leaving 

5 hours ago, Scottydog said:

It’s great. I really don’t want to go back to League 1. Think this is a huge season for us, if we stay up we can maybe establish a bit and become the clear place to be for all of the best part time players. Already got a great core and we have done really well with bringing players on loan from Premiership sides. 

Just wish there were crowds in grounds. Tannadice win away last season was unreal, if we could’ve got to Tynecastle would’ve been magic too. 

11 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I really like the fact that it's so cut throat.  With ten games or thereabouts remaining, much of the division could yet go either up or down.

Without the playoffs of course, which for a long time we didn't have, the promotion picture would be dull as Hell.

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Only diddy clubs enjoy the Championship. I fuckin hate it.

Genuine question:  How many seasons since mid 70s reconstruction, have Dundee spent outside the top flight?  I'm thinking it must be close to half, but I'm possibly havering.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:  How many seasons since mid 70s reconstruction, have Dundee spent outside the top flight?  I'm thinking it must be close to half, but I'm possibly havering.

Must be more seasons out than in, surely

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

26 seasons in the top flight since 1975, out of 46 seasons.

44% of time in a division you hate then?  
That's a lot of misery.

It’s a mental statistic when you look at the size of the club and it’s support. How many clubs have a larger fan base than Dundee? Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen maybe Dundee Utd after that ??? Dundee really should spend most of their time in the top tier, massive underachievers.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s great. I really don’t want to go back to League 1. Think this is a huge season for us, if we stay up we can maybe establish a bit and become the clear place to be for all of the best part time players. Already got a great core and we have done really well with bringing players on loan from Premiership sides. 

Just wish there were crowds in grounds. Tannadice win away last season was unreal, if we could’ve got to Tynecastle would’ve been magic too. 

Since League One and Two are teetering on the brink of null and void, you probably aren’t.

8 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Welcome to the world of supporting Dundee FC.

I've sort of visited before.

My old Dad's a Dundee fan, and he was spoilt in his youth.  I've taken in the odd big game as a result, like the '87 semi-final and the '95 final.

Both failures needless to say, although the 1987 side was a bloody good one.