Next Ayr United manager

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Did not rule him out 100% , talk at that time was 60/40 against , just that I would not expect him to get it 

Does the club mind you giving out confidential information on P&B??

Derek Mcinnes will sadly none coming to Ayr however, I spoke to a then Ayr director just after Mcinnes was promoted to the St Johnston job and he was gutted as Mcinnes had agreed to come to us PT as he intended to set up some sort of business. 

I also read years before an interview by him where he said he was a Rangers fan, but followed Ayr as a cousin or close friend was a fan, pointless post I suppose because he ain't coming, but shows why he always helps us out.

18 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Does the club mind you giving out confidential information on P&B??

Think robbo does a pretty good job of telling us what he can without giving too much away. Let’s not put him off....

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If all interviews are done you would expect some kind of word today or tomorrow, maybe having a game tonight will be the priority for the chairman though.

Players day off tomorrow - maybe then?

12 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Players day off tomorrow - maybe then?

Robbo mentioned the next testing round is Thursday so I would assume Thursday or Friday based on that. They would obviously want the manager to meet the players / coaching staff first rather than letting the cat out the bag to the public. 

6 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Robbo mentioned the next testing round is Thursday so I would assume Thursday or Friday based on that. They would obviously want the manager to meet the players / coaching staff first rather than letting the cat out the bag to the public. 

Could he not meet them over Zoom?

I'd like to think that the person knows they've got it by tonight, and can watch our game and start making plans for Saturday. Players, coaches etc might all get told tomorrow morning who's got it via video chat, then it can be made public? I really don't have a scooby. I'm just enjoying the wild speculation at the moment.

Could but, would be far more professional to meet in person if possible. 
I agree, but we are living in a new world. If they found out on Wednesday, at least they could turn up to training on Thursday focused on the task at hand, rather than who the new manager is going to be playing on their minds.

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

I'd like to think that the person knows they've got it by tonight, and can watch our game and start making plans for Saturday. Players, coaches etc might all get told tomorrow morning who's got it via video chat, then it can be made public? I really don't have a scooby. I'm just enjoying the wild speculation at the moment.

David Hopkin is the obvious choice ticks all the boxes would be amazed if he did not get the job .

David Hopkin is the obvious choice ticks all the boxes would be amazed if he did not get the job .
I did have a dream last night that I knew he was getting the job and I was scrambling to get on McBookie to place a bet. I hope it's not a sign of things to come tbh. I've settled on the idea of it being McIntyre. I'd be surprised if it's not him.

12 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Wouldn’t appoint Davie to manage Aberdeen East End, frankly. No danger of him taking over.

Are East End still a thing? I thought they folded after the whole 'hammer' incident with Woodside about 20 years ago.

34 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Are East End still a thing? I thought they folded after the whole 'hammer' incident with Woodside about 20 years ago.

Still trundling away in the North juniors, yes. Obviously not this season, but plying their trade in the shadow of Pittodrie in Aberdeen' s old pre-war colours (yellow and black stripes).