Next Ayr United manager

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Didn't Ayr release a statement saying they'd accept applications until today? You'd imagine they'll have not even interviewed yet unless they've headhunted a preferred candidate?

McIntyre has already been interviewed, I presume we started interviewing as soon as folk applied as we were pretty clear this was going to be a quick process. 

So if it is McIntyre, does that mean we might have that bawbag Dodds as an assistant?

Dodds is a bawbag no doubt but he’s also a pretty decent coach from what I’ve heard.

I’d imagine McIntyre will be allowed to bring an assistant and another coach in with him but I’ve no idea who else he usually works with.

The current odds would suggest that they still don't know as 1/2, 3/1 and 9's bar tell you the majority of cash has been split between McIntyre and Hopkin, however anyone on this forum could have told you that they'd be the likely front runners so I'd very much doubt if this is by any means a done deal.

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

See the webpage is down, maybe re-doing it to handle the traffic caused by the huge announcement this week............

It's back. Looks a lot more like the B&W TV site now.

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

See the webpage is down, maybe re-doing it to handle the traffic caused by the huge announcement this week............

It's up now, it has had a makeover, looks good

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Imagine the seethe if we appoint internal again. 🤣

There's no reason White can't apply. His time as Roberts's assistant was a disaster but it isn't a permanent black mark. If Ayr horse Raith 5-0 at Starks tomorrow then who knows.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's up now, it has had a makeover, looks good

Broke all the fucking permalinks again I see. One day a web developer will do their fucking job properly and keep pages working after an update.

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:
7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
Imagine the seethe if we appoint internal again. emoji1787.png

Michael Moffat holding a scarf above his head. This thread would make for some reading!

I feel bad for Moffat because AFAIK he's done nothing to suggest he's gunning for it and yet he's the obvious Roberts of this scenario (club hero striker approaching end of career). Maybe he is getting his badges. But you're always better starting elsewhere unless your club is truly fucked imo.

5 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
Imagine the seethe if we appoint internal again. emoji1787.png

Michael Moffat holding a scarf above his head. This thread would make for some reading!

Don't joke about that kind of thing....

Frankly I couldn't care less who we appoint, they'll be starting with a blank canvas and deserve our trust and support right from the off whoever it is, as we know everyone quoted has blotted their copybooks in one way or another, hence they're out of a job and applying for a vacancy at a team sitting 3rd bottom of the Championship so it's a chance for them to impress / rebuild their career and for us we just need some stability and to maintain our Championship status.

David Smith is a supporter and a successful businessman so I think we should just leave it up to him and then go with it and give the guy a chance whoever it is.

I feel bad for Moffat because AFAIK he's done nothing to suggest he's gunning for it and yet he's the obvious Roberts of this scenario (club hero striker approaching end of career). Maybe he is getting his badges. But you're always better starting elsewhere unless your club is truly fucked imo.
If Moffat is announced as manager this week I will happily eat every single hat I own, and some. I was definitely joking. Moffat I imagine will end up a strength and conditioning coach when he hangs his boots up.