Royal Family Crisis

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Englishman born into wealthy family marries not very famous American movie star.  After a while they decide they don't really like the lifestyle and decide to quit the country and move to America.  Later she is interviewed on TV and it is revealed that some of her in-laws are not as nice as others.  One even made an unkind remark.  What an exciting news story.

This. What has happened with Harry and Meghan happens all the time in family relations, especially where in laws are concerned.

I don't get the anti republican 'do you want a President Farage?' take.

Surely it's better to be able to vote out a racist nonce after 4 years, rather than being stuck with a whole family of them for life.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Surely it's better to be able to vote out a racist nonce after 4 years, rather than being stuck with a whole family of them for life.

Actually it is even better than that.  As Head of State but not Prime Minister, it is possible he would be assigned to purely ceremonial events and would not be expected to express his opinion in public ever again.  It would certainly stop him appearing on Question Time again.

36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Interesting that she isn't labelled a whiner? 

Stop whining meghan blah blah blah. Stop whinging about management 

Didn't she complain about something before?

She's always complaining 

She's at it again ffs

Most of her views are complaints

At least She's been furloughed so we don't have to listen to her whining

Why doesn't she hang herself on her pullup bar

What that kind of fairness?

When did she complain she was bullied? If anything the claims were she was a bully. 

Take it from me if you are being bullied and suicidal then you aren't going to sit looking calm and smiling on national TV.

Once again, and I don't understand how you still aren't getting this, but not everyone is the same and not everyone reacts the same way to everything.

Are folk who have been bullied and have felt suicidal never supposed to smile again? Never laugh again? Are they just to look miserable at all times?

Also why are you believing tabloid nonsense?

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'd prefer a largely ceremonial president, as in Germany.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Surely it's better to able to vote out a racist nonce after 4 years, rather than being stuck with a whole family of them for life.

This was going about before the 2014 referendum too; the trump card against dumping the monarchy was, "what would you prefer, President Salmond?"

I'm not entire sure why we need a head of state at all, but I'll put up with whoever the country votes for, thanks. Mental to think that so many people would prefer to be permanently stuck with whatever some inbred entitled tosspots happen to produce from their loins instead of a democratically-elected person who can be kicked out if they too only prove to be useful if someone's profession needs to be established.

Be a lot cheaper too, once they're force to surrender the land and buildings. Just sayin'.

Salmond is a royalist so nae chance of that. 

We are never getting rid of them sadly. Even on Twitter loads of supposedly left wing people are bothered about whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were treated well while living the high life on a mountain of wealth stolen from around the world. It's entertainment now, not much different from the MCU. 

6 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
7 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:
Oprah’s said that he’s said it wasn’t the Queen or Phil. Won’t say who it was but neither of them, apparently.
Given they won’t say who it is because it’s “damaging to their reputation” I think that means it’s probably one of the vaguely well liked ones - it’s not like being a huge racist will weaken Andrew’s public image. I’ll go with William.

I'd put my money on Camilla.

Is she running at the 3.20 at Haydock?

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Interesting that she isn't labelled a whiner? 

Stop whining meghan blah blah blah. Stop whinging about management 

Didn't she complain about something before?

She's always complaining 

She's at it again ffs

Most of her views are complaints

At least She's been furloughed so we don't have to listen to her whining

Why doesn't she hang herself on her pullup bar

What that kind of fairness?

When did she complain she was bullied? If anything the claims were she was a bully. 

Take it from me if you are being bullied and suicidal then you aren't going to sit looking calm and smiling on national TV.

You really are an absolutely despicable c**t.

Spent 90% of your life on here bitching and moaning about your work but as soon as it's someone else's mental health you're telling them to fucking hang themselves.