Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Relegation form whilst sitting in fourth place.  Aye guid een.

Which shows you how poor the league has been this year. Go look at our run of form.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree you were on a terrible run, but it's very unlikely you would ever have been out of the top six under McInnes.  Surely after the years of consistency he deserved a wee blip and the chance to sort it in the summer?

It's done now though, and I imagine there's something fresh and exciting about a change.  It also depends on what is deemed to be a success for Glass; if the league form is unpredictable and you get an 8th and a 5th placed finish over the next two seasons but win a cup, then for some I guess it's worth the gamble.

The transfers were slowly getting worse. We used to sign players from other teams before they hit their peak. 

Derek gas run out of ideas. Top six was no longer a certainty, honestly speaking.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Which shows you how poor the league has been this year. Go look at our run of form.

The transfers were slowly getting worse. We used to sign players from other teams before they hit their peak. 

Derek gas run out of ideas. Top six was no longer a certainty, honestly speaking.

Your form had you in fourth place, miles clear of fifth.

28 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

How was "Haulin' Ass" Glass thought of during his time with Aberdeen as a player?

Very highly.  He was a very good player who scored some crucial goals and set up both in the mountain bike final.  We got actual money for him when he went down south too.  

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And a year younger than Eddie Turnbull was when he joined us. This is relevant how?

He’s only a year younger than Eddie Turnbull when he came to Pittodrie?? I know I was quite young at the time and people look older when you’re a nipper, but I would have put Eddie Turnbull in his late 50s at that time.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He’s only a year younger than Eddie Turnbull when he came to Pittodrie?? I know I was quite young at the time and people look older when you’re a nipper, but I would have put Eddie Turnbull in his late 50s at that time.

Eddie Turnbull was born in 1923. (I thought he was older, too.)

ETA: I've f****** this up - Eddie Turnbull was 42 when he took over at Pittodrie, 2 years younger than Stephen Glass, not a year older.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

So you don’t actually know then. Thanks.

He's got a point though.

Set aside how good or not Glass is, as we don't really know. I will back him and I don't tend to understand incessant negativity.

However, I am concerned about the decision making going on here. I'm concerned that Cormack waffled 17 minutes of pish last week and effectively lied to the support about there being a process.

The Ronnie Hernandez deal with Atlanta is strange enough and raised an eyebrow but the manager is a different story. Something doesn't smell right for me and I'd like Cormack to explain the decision making process here.

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Before that we were in third, with two games in hand over fourth.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

There's no ignorance, you can't cherry pick one bit of bad form to criticise then dismiss the credit earned from the good form before that. 

He had Aberdeen comfortable in fourth, and they sacked him. That's mental.

5 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

The last 11 fixtures under McInnes has us bottom.

Screenshot_20210323-203151.jpg

I know but the 27 this season had them fourth, which is what really matters.

Anyway best of luck with your two complete novices and careful what you wish for in future.  

I suppose all that success got boring.

31 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

There's no ignorance, you can't cherry pick one bit of bad form to criticise then dismiss the credit earned from the good form before that. 

He had Aberdeen comfortable in fourth, and they sacked him. That's mental.

I've not cherry picked one bit of bad form. 

53 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He's got a point though.

Set aside how good or not Glass is, as we don't really know. I will back him and I don't tend to understand incessant negativity.

However, I am concerned about the decision making going on here. I'm concerned that Cormack waffled 17 minutes of pish last week and effectively lied to the support about there being a process.

The Ronnie Hernandez deal with Atlanta is strange enough and raised an eyebrow but the manager is a different story. Something doesn't smell right for me and I'd like Cormack to explain the decision making process here.

McCormack said there was interest from England and Scotland plus multiple from the states maybe a Freudian slip but what makes you think hes lying?
If Brown is going it won't be until the end of the season so for me that would be strange even thou he has the experience of the Scottish game plus would help Ferguson and McCorie develop their game in the midfield.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He's got a point though.

Just listened to an interview with Stephen Glass and then Dave Cormack. He is still insistent that a process was followed and the appointment was agreed at a board meeting on Sunday night. One of the things that keeps me onside with him is that whatever else you can say about him, he is like me a lifelong Aberdeen fan. Which would be more important to him, his ego or a successful Aberdeen team? Nobody knows how Stephen Glass is going to get on with us, but it’s not a completely outrageous appointment. Apparently there will be a few player announcements in the next few weeks, and Stephen Glass is hoping to be in the dugout for the St Johnstone league match.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just listened to an interview with Stephen Glass and then Dave Cormack. He is still insistent that a process was followed and the appointment was agreed at a board meeting on Sunday night. One of the things that keeps me onside with him is that whatever else you can say about him, he is like me a lifelong Aberdeen fan. Which would be more important to him, his ego or a successful Aberdeen team? Nobody knows how Stephen Glass is going to get on with us, but it’s not a completely outrageous appointment. Apparently there will be a few player announcements in the next few weeks, and Stephen Glass is hoping to be in the dugout for the St Johnstone league match.

I've already said I'll back Glass.

I have my reservations about the Chairman.

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've not cherry picked one bit of bad form. 

Of course you have. You said the last 11 games. What about the 16 before them?  He had them in 4th place. They didn't get there by accident.

Anyway its your team, so best of luck. I suspect you might need it.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

Of course you have. You said the last 11 games. What about the 16 before them?  He had them in 4th place. They didn't get there by accident.

Anyway its your team, so best of luck. I suspect you might need it.

You're absolutely correct. When managers get the bullet it's usually due to some poor run of form from months before and not the current run of form.

I couldn't care what you suspect. I'm hoping you find another thread to bore folk to tears on though.

https://tommymassieblog.wordpress.com/2021/03/23/what-to-expect-from-aberdeen-under-new-manager-stephen-glass/

Probably worth a read, know hes been DM'ing folk from America asking about Glass so should be as in depth as anyone.