Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Aberdeen are more ambitious than Dundee United. Not too difficult to understand.

Ambition has nothing to do with. Delusion and entitlement does.

You don't sack a manager who is doing well, as that's mental. Being in 4th place for Aberdeen is doing well. If they were 7th fine, a manager who is the third most successful in the history of the club and has never taken them outside the top 4 does not deserve to be sacked. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

https://tommymassieblog.wordpress.com/2021/03/23/what-to-expect-from-aberdeen-under-new-manager-stephen-glass/

Probably worth a read, know hes been DM'ing folk from America asking about Glass so should be as in depth as anyone.

Interesting read. Thanks for posting.

In my time supporting Aberdeen, I can't recall Aberdeen ever appointing back to back successful managers. Would be nice to see that pattern broken and Glass being a success.

Like any new manager he deserves a fair chance and the backing of the supporters.

He's got my backing.

7 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

You don't sack a manager who is doing well, as that's mental. Being in 4th place for Aberdeen is doing well. If they were 7th fine, a manager who is the third most successful in the history of the club and has never taken them outside the top 4 does not deserve to be sacked. 

How is being fourth 'doing well' for Aberdeen? Especially for three seasons running, finishing below Kilmarnock, Motherwell and now Hibernian. Continuing to finish below teams with smaller budgets isn't doing well...

7 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Is wanting the club you support to win more cups delusional?   I don’t think you understand what entitlement means. A word often bandied about by diddie fans the moment anyone with an interest in Aberdeen says they should be doing better. There is a split in the fans between being up the league and being in Europe and winning the diddy cup (or Scottish cup) more than once. If McInnes had sneaked into the Europa league groups a couple of times he would still be here imo. Progress on 1 cup, no progress in Europe is aspirational not delusional. And certainly not entitlement. Save that ire for the OF*

Spoiler

FTOF* and the Tories.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

In my time supporting Aberdeen, I can't recall Aberdeen ever appointing back to back successful managers. Would be nice to see that pattern broken and Glass being a success.

Like any new manager he deserves a fair chance and the backing of the supporters.

He's got my backing.

McLeod, McNeil and Ferguson. Three in a row.

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

McCormack said there was interest from England and Scotland plus multiple from the states maybe a Freudian slip but what makes you think hes lying?
If Brown is going it won't be until the end of the season so for me that would be strange even thou he has the experience of the Scottish game plus would help Ferguson and McCorie develop their game in the midfield.

Genuine question for you willy. Why do you call Dave Cormack, McCormack? I’ve seen it a fair bit and don’t get it.

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My time as a supporter began with Ebbe Skovdahl, followed by Paterson, Calderwood, McGhee, Craig Brown and finally the most successful manager i've witnessed to date McInnes.

You could adopt the view that mcinnes was a serial loser who only achieved one cup and that way it might make it more likely that glass will be a success? 

24 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My time as a supporter began with Ebbe Skovdahl, followed by Paterson, Calderwood, McGhee, Craig Brown and finally the most successful manager i've witnessed to date McInnes.

Fair enough. The same as my two sons.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He's got my backing.

Turnbull - Bonthrone - MacLeod. Maybe before your time, of course.

On 10/03/2021 at 14:11, Raidernation said:

If it’s Robinson then what was the fucking point in changing managers?
Lazy, lazy appointment and an admission of no plan to ever have any ambition!

If it’s Robinson then AFC will have lost my interest.

Are you still absolutely raging that we’ve appointed Robinson?

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Turnbull - Bonthrone - MacLeod. Maybe before your time, of course.

You would include Bonthrone? I hate to disagree with you, but the club were on a major slide into apathy with Jimmy in charge before Ally came and took us on the way to superstardom. He was great as a coach working with Eddie Turnbull, but not a great manager in my eyes.

Interesting to see that our manager was not on the list of the usual suspects at the head of this page for P&B voters. You would think that would be something to celebrate for our fans in not appointing someone from the usual Scottish managerial Merry-go-round.  

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You would include Bonthrone? I hate to disagree with you, but the club were on a major slide into apathy with Jimmy in charge before Ally came and took us on the way to superstardom. He was great as a coach working with Eddie Turnbull, but not a great manager in my eyes.

He won the Dryborough Cup, a Derek McInnes like achievement, but he was manager when the Dons won it. Ergo, successful. 

2nd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th

Guest Bob Mahelp
44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I tend to agree with this. Jimmy was a lovely man.....he was part of the reason I became a Dons fan, but that's another story.......but he struggled to maintain the relative success we had under Eddie Turnbull. The team that Eddie had built started to break up and there's no doubt that we were sliding into mid-table mediocrity (and possible relegation actually) before Ally came along and re-invigorated the club.

A better example of 2 succesful managers in a row would probably be Billy McNeil and then Fergie. 

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Just stereotyping.
Appointing any manager is a gamble but with the sheep it's not because there is a very low expectation level.

That's cleared that up. 

It's obvious Willy operates on a different level to most of us. 

Not a higher one. 

11 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Sometimes things just fizzle out and change is required to get the juices flowing again - I get that impression when I look at McInnes. Did he deserve to get the boot? Probably not. Was it time for a change to freshen things up? Probably aye.

So Aberdeen fans being slagged for both being too cutthroat in wanting rid of Mcinnes but also for not having any ambition at all.

Its almost like people are saying any old shite for the sake of an argument.

Edited by Rodhull