Heart of Midlothian vs Ayr United

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Hope this isn't the future...

It's not like this was foreseeable or anything.  I would love to be proved wrong but it is worrying when the new manager's interview is more convincing than the owner's.

2 minutes ago, wuffster said:

It's not like this was foreseeable or anything.  I would love to be proved wrong but it is worrying when the new manager's interview is more convincing than the owner's.

How do you mean Wuffster?

Just now, itzdrk said:

That was pathetic. 

Agreed it was grim watching. We need to finish above 9th as I think we’d go down via the play offs. Still a point away on Tuesday night could actually see us be in 6th on Tuesday evening if Raith beat Inverness. 

The usual slow, boring shite for most of it, but ultimately we created plenty of chances and Ayr offered nothing.

45 points now. I wouldn't be surprised if no-one else reaches our current tally.

I thought we looked good for the draw until the subs. Chalmers just doesn't have the engine for what we needed. Zanatta was a poor replacement for Moff, McKenzie was a better option. Hopkin needs to see what he has. Tuesday is a massive game now.

Edited by Saltire

That was a horrible watch, Hearts played for maybe 15 minutes of the whole game, Ayr seemed to sit back and expect a rampant Hearts performance what didn’t happen.

From and Ayr point of view, defended well for the most part. Muirhead had to defend more and it meant we had no midfield to compete never mind win the battle. 
Final ball was appalling 100% of the time when we did get forward, zero change to the way we played or shape, even after subs were made. 
Felt like we were happy with the draw, then happy to keep the score down.

Not a nervy finish and a clean sheet, much appreciate Hearts. Think that’s us mathematically going to finish above the playoff places, all together now...WE ARE STAYING UP! [emoji898][emoji898][emoji898]

I didn't watch today but this was a free hit. We move on.

Damage limitation was the name of the game today - Alloa winning is annoying right enough.

You don't judge a new manager on how we play at Tynecastle. Anyone expecting us to get anything today was deluding themselves.

12 minutes ago, wuffster said:

And you're one of the more positive people on here...

13 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I have literally no idea what this even is tbh. 
The interviews were fine. 

Pretty sure it was foreseeable  we would sit deep against hearts given how poor we are though, yes. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

One game in and people are moaning about us sitting deep against Hearts with a budget several times of ours 😂

Do you not think that the managers initial assessment of the squad essentially being OH SHIT is a bit concerning?