Buses bricked

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

James Dornan of Glasgow Cathcart. He's an idiot.

Clearly.

As with a lot of the paranoid conspiracists you hear nowadays, it would do him no harm to think about the question, "Assuming I'm right in supposing that this is being done in support of [the aim or bias that I am alleging], then what outcome are they hoping to achieve, and what other actions could they have taken to attain that same outcome?"

His answers to those appear on the surface to be:

1. Persecute Catholics; and
  2. Well, just about anything.

One specific LRT bus for one night is as ineffectual a measure as I can imagine for Catholic-persecution purposes; but on the other hand, it seems quite a good idea when staff, the public and vehicle have come under attack: it actually addresses the real cause, but in no way meets any of the aims of the imaginary cause.

On 17/03/2021 at 12:55, ICTChris said:

Lothian Buses, the bus company providing the majority of Edinburgh’s bus services, have announced that all evening services will be withdraw this evening from 7:30pm.  This follows numerous instances of buses being attacked with bricks across the city in the last few weeks. Reports of buses having missiles thrown at them have been recorded in Drylaw, Portobello, Gilmerton, Drumbrae and Balerno. 

Police have charged a number of youths with offences related to attacks on buses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-56417250?fbclid=IwAR1irrQAivi6WGpNip9ml6MLF7zTBUQ10zfBLfXuwyfzKTf9ehYq3biinfo

Given the variety of areas affected it seems unlikely it’s the same kids doing this but is more like a copycat reaction to one event. I’m not sure I’ve ever been so bored that I started throwing bricks at buses but then I was never locked in the house for months at a time I suppose.

Have any P&Bers ever bricked a bus due to boredom?

Have any P&Bers ever been in a bus that was bricked?

what’s the strangest thing P&Bers have done to relieve boredom?

No

Thankfully not

tortured to death the ####s that were throwing the bricks

Edited by ewan14