BTTS Derby - Alloa vs Dundee

I will spend the first 45 minutes on the treadmill not watching this, and will look at the scoreline at half time. If it's positive, I will watch the 2nd half. If it's shite as I expect, another 45 minutes on the treadmill it is.

I would expect the inconsistent as shite Dark Blues to win this 3-0, everyone in the Boardroom thinks this means that McPake is actually Mourinho in disguise and we cock up the rest of the season by continuing with the same old crap we've had for the past season and a half.

I'm curiously optimistic about this, possibly due to our slowly-increasing aptitude up front, and The Lord suddenly deciding to grace us with...fortune, shall we say. That being said, we could be absolutely shredded at the back if we have another game like last Saturday.

Another 3-2 win, thanks to a penalty not taken by Andy Graham.

Felt we were slightly unfortunate in the two games against Dundee already. We were in a good position at 3-1 in the first game and should have been able to see it out. We conceded a really poor goal but the equaliser came from a questionable penalty. And while Dundee were dominant at Dens, we did lead for a good spell and were denied what looked a clear penalty right after Dundee equalised and shortly before they went ahead. Might have had more than 1 point from those games. 

That said, although we competed well in those matches and we're coming off a good performance and result in Dumfries, looking at the Dundee squad in the programme just there and it's hard to understand why they aren't doing much better. For all they have underachieved, it's a big ask for us to keep so many creative players at this level quiet. 

Everyone did well at the weekend and the manager has at at least one key man available again to play so will be interesting to see what he does. 

What does Grant do tonight then? Hetherington straight back in and Robbo back in defence? I hope not, Robbo’s performance on Saturday merits him staying in the midfield, it just depends whether Grant wants to keep Lynch in at RB or not. Although either way I can’t see Hetherington being left out.
Plenty of encouragement from our earlier games against Dundee this season. We were well worth a point in the first game and could easily have taken 3. The game at Dens we were second best, but not by much and a few decisions really hampered us in the second half.

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

That said, although we competed well in those matches and we're coming off a good performance and result in Dumfries, looking at the Dundee squad in the programme just there and it's hard to understand why they aren't doing much better.

Hard to understand, simple explanation.

whit.PNG.f5fcc0f1fe6ab06968460565c95b6eb7.PNG

On 17/03/2021 at 14:39, RossBFaeDundee said:

I will spend the first 45 minutes on the treadmill not watching this, and will look at the scoreline at half time. If it's positive, I will watch the 2nd half. If it's shite as I expect, another 45 minutes on the treadmill it is.

'Mon the draw!🤗