BTTS Derby - Alloa vs Dundee

All or nothing over the next couple of games, by the looks of things.
Inclined to agree that Robertson should be replacing Grant, but it doesn't look like that's liable to happen; I know the Clyde fans liked him, but he hasn't worked for us. Hopefully Andy's just feeling a bit under the weather and not actually in need of a rest, as we're in all sorts of trouble otherwise.

Was actually pleased when we signed him from the little I’d seen of him at Clyde, but bar a couple of games early on, he’s made no impression at all on the team. I feel he kind of gets in the way whenever we try to move the ball forward, and that Heatherington is almost left having to do the work of two men.

Can understand Dick coming straight in from the team on Saturday but definitely feel for Edin Lynch - thought he had a really good game down at Palmerston.

I would expect the inconsistent as shite Dark Blues to win this 3-0, everyone in the Boardroom thinks this means that McPake is actually Mourinho in disguise and we cock up the rest of the season by continuing with the same old crap we've had for the past season and a half.
Hope you had a fiver on the 3-0

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Would you suggest that Adam should remain on the bench going forward?

Genuine question.

Until this 4-4-2 stops producing results, yes. Charlie has been more of a detriment than an asset in the last few games imo, and in his COVID absence we've found a wee bit of success with this formation. If McPake wants to stay, these are the calls he has to get right. Tonight, he got it right.

Once McGhee is back though, then Adam can be in the team to play the role he did so well earlier in the season in that 4-3-3.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

11 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Can understand Dick coming straight in from the team on Saturday but definitely feel for Edin Lynch - thought he had a really good game down at Palmerston.

Yeah, I think that was a mistake. Robbo had to stay in midfield, for me. As I've said before, I would play all three of Stevie, Robbo and Grant with a tweak to the formation to accommodate them - have to have your best players in their best positions, OR AT LEAST TRY THAT! I would have dropped Innes Murray.

12 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Cameron and Parry plus points. A lot of the team looked like they had given up which is something that has never been an issue for an Alloa team for years. I fear the players have accepted our fate. The main thing is we are a well run club and can bounce back from this. We make changes to a winning team to accomodate Ray Grant, unbelievable, totally agree with Kevchenko, Robbo needs to be in the middle of the park.

I really liked the look of the big laddie Cameron. If I was manager of a 'bigger' club I'd be keeping an eye on him