Celtic and Rangers B Teams in League Two?

30 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If the colts where introduced it is less likely Celtic will take the Turnbull's,Taylor's, because we will be producing our own.
Celtic have already left the Scottish market alone by bring in players like Ajer and Frimpong again if we are producing our own we wouldn't need to do that.

How can you make both these statements??????

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Your example of Celtic probably highlights this. They went through a period of games where they had to rely on youth players and this contributed to them dropping 12 points during the month of January, essentially killing off any faint title hopes they might've had. The fans were outraged and Lennon ultimately lost his job. Obviously, the 12 points dropped was not solely or even primarily down to them having to rely on youth, but it highlights how fragile things are and how there is an expectation at these clubs to win every single game.

They didn't really rely on youth players at all during that period - Cameron Harper and Tony Ralston were the only players who started a game during the three-match "quarantine period" who wouldn't be considered regular first team squad members. The other 6 points they dropped in January were with a full-strength squad available.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic payed 300 grand for Frimpong yet we payed 3 million for Turnbull work it out yourself.

You said you have left the Scottish market alone yet you have bought Turnbull and Taylor so your statement is wrong.

What you paid for them is irrelevant to that.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They didn't really rely on youth players at all during that period - Cameron Harper and Tony Ralston were the only players who started a game during the three-match "quarantine period" who wouldn't be considered regular first team squad members. The other 6 points they dropped in January were with a full-strength squad available.

I did mention that relying on youth was not the sole or primary reason for dropping 12 points during the month but it certainly contributed.

Maybe relying on youth is the wrong term but if you look at players during that period that all got game time such as the aforementioned Harper and Ralston, plus Okoflex, Henderson, Dembele. That's 5 players who would all have otherwise been nowhere near the team. I think it would be wrong to suggest playing those players rather than other more established players had no impact on squad strength.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic payed 300 grand for Frimpong yet we payed 3 million for Turnbull work it out yourself.

You also bought Frimpong in 2019 and Turnbull in 2020 so you were shopping in Scotland after you bought Frimpong.

29 minutes ago, ahemps said:

You also bought Frimpong in 2019 and Turnbull in 2020 so you were shopping in Scotland after you bought Frimpong.

Pretty sure we tried to get Turnbull the same year as Frimpong but why are you pissing about?
If you don't think Celtic will leave the Scottish market alone if we're producing our own just say so, even thou it's pretty obvious.

6 hours ago, ahemps said:

I said Celtic were an utter shambles at that time......did you beat them???????

Go on then, tell me how many players from Livi would have got in the Celtic team that night that contained: Hazard, Ralston, Bitton, Duffy, Laxalt, McGregor, Soro, Frimpong, Turnbull, Johnston, Rogic. Subs Okoflex and Henderson.

The point of my original comment was that the OF could play youth and still have more than enough to win games in Scotland. That Celtic team contains 5 players from their youth system and 1 sub player. Swap Rogic for Eduoardo and Duffy for Ajer and they win that game 9 times out of 10 even with that amount of youth players in their team.

Stryjek over Hazard
Devlin over Taylor
Guthrie over Duffy
Forrest/Mullin over Johnston
Sibbald over Okoflex
Pittman over Soro 
Hamilton over Welsh

Celtic had a strong midfield that night but up front they weren't anything special. I'd take Forrest or Mullin over Mickey Johnston in a one off game right now. Bear in mind thought that on that night we also played a weakened team as we had the League Cup semi-final that weekend and still drew. 

How do Celtic win that game 9 times out of 10 when they haven't won away to Livi since 2007? Understandable that it's only 4 games but they've won 0/4 with a only one of those being a weakened team. If you're going with stats of 9 times out of 10 Celtic win, then why have Celtic only won 3 of the last 9 games between the teams? Best you're gonna get from that 10 is 4 from this weekend if they win. 

Even one of those games includes a 2-0 Livi win with the Celtic lineup being:

Forster, Bauer, Jullien, Ajer, Bolingoli, Brown, McGregor, Forrest, Christie, Elyounoussi, Edouard.

If the colts where introduced it is less likely Celtic will take the Turnbull's,Taylor's, because we will be producing our own.

I hate to engage with weary willie but no you fucking won’t. You’ll still hoover up young talent to keep it from playing against you (and so will sevco) and those players will end up in colt teams if they qualify.
It just gives you more spaces to give players a game, it’s not going to develop any great new talent at the old firm*

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Pretty sure we tried to get Turnbull the same year as Frimpong but why are you pissing about?
If you don't think Celtic will leave the Scottish market alone if we're producing our own just say so, even thou it's pretty obvious.

No I think Celtic and rangers will continue to take the best players in Scotland that don't play for them. They have done so for years, it is a cheap market and it kills any tiny little competition that is left from the other sides.

4 hours ago, ahemps said:

This is utter nonsense. If a player not at the old firm is good enough for them then they will soon be at the OF ie Turnbull, Taylor, Wright.

How many players not at the OF get in to the Celtic or Rangers teams? I doubt you could select 3 from the whole league.

Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen and Championship Hearts have better no.1 keepers than Celtic.  

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I hate to engage with weary willie but no you fucking won’t. You’ll still hoover up young talent to keep it from playing against you (and so will sevco) and those players will end up in colt teams if they qualify.
It just gives you Morse spaces to give players a game, it’s not going to develop any great new talent at the old firm*

I get it big bad Celtic,Aberdeen did the same with Ferguson,It's easy for Celtic to look at the league and take their pick eg. Doig at Hibs.
If the colts where up and running and Celtic had just sold Tierney(He would be the bench mark) Celtic wouldn't have to get Taylor or Doig they would have a player behind Tierney on the conveyor belt.They would also have a guy not making the grade like Calvin Miller at notts county.
The more players Celtic have the better it will be for the rest of the league,we have our quota just like any other club in the country.

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Neither Taylor or Turnbull have ever played below the Scottish top flight, so how would the Colts help produce players like them?

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Neither Taylor or Turnbull have ever played below the Scottish top flight, so how would the Colts help produce players like them?

For me these players will stay at their clubs and improve the league Celtic wouldn't need them if the colts where up and running.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Stryjek over Hazard
Devlin over Taylor
Guthrie over Duffy
Forrest/Mullin over Johnston
Sibbald over Okoflex
Pittman over Soro 
Hamilton over Welsh

Celtic had a strong midfield that night but up front they weren't anything special. I'd take Forrest or Mullin over Mickey Johnston in a one off game right now. Bear in mind thought that on that night we also played a weakened team as we had the League Cup semi-final that weekend and still drew. 

How do Celtic win that game 9 times out of 10 when they haven't won away to Livi since 2007? Understandable that it's only 4 games but they've won 0/4 with a only one of those being a weakened team. If you're going with stats of 9 times out of 10 Celtic win, then why have Celtic only won 3 of the last 9 games between the teams? Best you're gonna get from that 10 is 4 from this weekend if they win. 

Even one of those games includes a 2-0 Livi win with the Celtic lineup being:

Forster, Bauer, Jullien, Ajer, Bolingoli, Brown, McGregor, Forrest, Christie, Elyounoussi, Edouard.

You will watch Livi and Celtic more than me so I won't argue with you but if over half the Livi team are good enough to get in the Celtic squad then you must have the best scouting system in the league and will be getting great value for money.

41 minutes ago, ahemps said:

No I think Celtic and rangers will continue to take the best players in Scotland that don't play for them. They have done so for years, it is a cheap market and it kills any tiny little competition that is left from the other sides.

Celtic will know every player in the project brave academy system up to the age of 18 years old,from 18 to 21 is when players good enough need first team football.
All Celtic are asking is give a full squad of players first team football with having control over their development,these players will be in the shopping window.
It would surprise me if any one player will have two seasons in league 2,some will move up the leagues on loan,some will be sold or let go and others will make their way into the first team.