Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Slow clap to the Lowland League cowards that essentially allowed all this to progess as far as this with their short sighted 1 season only, oh alright just 1 more season vote to allow colts in!

What's absolutely infuriating is, as far as I know, no LL side has ever come out to say "yes, we voted to admit them, we only see this as a good thing"

So they knew. The knew that eventually it would turn into a shit show. And here we are. And their league social media/online presence is still shit.

Edited by Jordi1977

If the SFA genuinely want to deliver better Scottish internationals, they'll need a bit more than 4 fucking B teams playing a level below League 2's part timers. 

Try paying for board, lodging, education and coaching along the lines of the French model. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INF_Clairefontaine

We've got performance schools in the current system but it's no more than a passing nod to the way proper countries do this stuff. 

Also, if B teams were a reason for countries progressing at national level, they would be all through the system adopted by the FA in England. But they're not. 

Proper youth development costs money. The SFA don't have any. This car crash proposal won't change that. 

Caledonian Braves' manager seems to be against option 3 because it wouldn't allow promotion to the SPFL for the B-sides, and thinks that Scottish Football should be run by a Junta of five right minded representatives, rather than the leagues and clubs. I thought it already was, by a Junta of two.

About 30 mins in.

I'm expecting the choice the Lowland League will be offered on Monday will be between status quo or option three. Wonder what George Fraser has to say now about his absolutely one year only proposal for B teams.

25 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Lowland League 2013-14

First SPFL Pyramid Playoff 2014-15

Alan McRae becomes President of the SFA June 2015.

^^^this guy nitpicks my posts like this all the time. What does it matter if it happened when he was vice-president rather than president or whatever. The point that was being made was that there was someone influential on the board pushing that agenda.

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm expecting the choice the Lowland League will be offered on Monday will be between status quo or option three. Wonder what George Fraser has to say now about his absolutely one year only proposal for B teams.

To be fair he thought it was only one year because they would be in the SPFL by the following year. It wasn't one year and boot them out of the league system again.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^this guy nitpicks my posts like this all the time. What does it matter if it happened when he was vice-president rather than president or whatever. The point that was being made was that there was someone influential on the board pushing that agenda.

When you make such a mistake it's so easy. From basically Gordon Smith becoming Chief Exec and East Stirlingshire stinking up the SFL there had been momentum for a pyramid. Gretna going bust, McLeish report, Regan's hiring, licencing scheme, the supposed UEFA influence.

Yet you boil it all down to Cove & Spartans being some sinister masterminds pulling strings.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

When you such a mistake it's so easy. From basically Gordon Smith becoming Chief Exec and East Stirlingshire stinking up the SFL there had been momentum for a pyramid. Gretna going bust, McLeish report, Regan's hiring, licencing scheme, the supposed UEFA influence.

Yet you boil it all down to Cove & Spartans being some sinister masterminds pulling strings.

Welcome to my ignore list again if you are going to waste my time like this.

15 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

...As someone else said, what a bunch of useless twats in the LL for allowing this debacle to get an initial head of steam...

There was also the U-21 teams entering the Challenge Cup as an initial head of steam. The SPFL board were able to engineer that one.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There was also the U-21 teams entering the Challenge Cup as an initial head of steam. The SPFL board were able to engineer that one.

The U21 teams mostly do appallingly in the Challenge Cup. Maybe it helped the Old Fir... I mean, the SPFL, to decide that the LL was the right level for B teams.

The suggestion of increased crowds and gate receipts for LL clubs as they got leathered by the mini-uglies was one of the selling points but it hasn't proved significant. Will there be much of a crowd-pull about the extra B teams?

Absolute car crash. The dead wood LL clubs don't want a competitive league, the Old Firm do, hence this mess with the WoSFL and EoSFL the victims.

Just to clarify, my team has voted against the B teams on both occasions.  This season only underpins our feelings.  Whilst last season, the 'novelty' factor brought out the crowds, this year has been a joke.  The Rangers match saw a few turn up but the Celtic game was literally only parents, perhaps due to the big team playing at 5.30 that night.

I am still of the unequivocal opinion of 'Get them to f**k'.

57 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

To be fair he thought it was only one year because they would be in the SPFL by the following year. It wasn't one year and boot them out of the league system again.

Looked like a promise to me.

The Scottish Lowland Football League can confirm that the majority of member clubs have voted in favour of admitting Rangers and Celtic ‘B’ teams into the league next season – for one year only.

The decision was confirmed at our AGM tonight.

Earlier this month all member clubs took part in a discussion with representatives from both Celtic and Rangers before an indicative vote.

League chairperson, George Fraser, said: “The member clubs have voted in favour of this proposal that was put to them earlier this month.

“Whilst it wasn’t unanimous the majority of member clubs are in favour of it and ultimately the members made the decision, which is only right in a democracy.

“Our Board will now get to work on moving forward with plans to get the new season started on July 17.”

http://slfl.co.uk/rangers-and-celtic-b-admitted-into-lowland-league/

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Welcome to my ignore list again if you are going to waste my time like this.

You're a permaraging waste of bandwidth, so do us all favour and hit the sign out button instead. 

3 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

If my club  vote for  this they have seen the  last  of me. You could be stuck in that  new league  forever.

There will be no vote, they can put it in without the need for it. What clubs can do is refuse to take part in it, however they could be swayed by the £40k on offer.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

3 hours ago, HTG said:

If the SFA genuinely want to deliver better Scottish internationals, they'll need a bit more than 4 fucking B teams playing a level below League 2's part timers. 

Try paying for board, lodging, education and coaching along the lines of the French model. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INF_Clairefontaine

We've got performance schools in the current system but it's no more than a passing nod to the way proper countries do this stuff. 

Also, if B teams were a reason for countries progressing at national level, they would be all through the system adopted by the FA in England. But they're not. 

Proper youth development costs money. The SFA don't have any. This car crash proposal won't change that. 

Mark Wotte when at the SFA started the performance schools which was the first step, the next was to have Regional Academies instead of Club Academies and as soon as that idea surfaced, he was hounded out by the vested interests.