Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Catchup have a new podcast out, they reckon it's a done deal and the Highland and Lowland leagues won't get a say, nor all the other leagues that would get bumped down a tier. I find it hard to believe Ian Maxwell has that power.

Well of course they get a say for a number of reasons. This Conference can only go ahead with their support and approval.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Catchup have a new podcast out, they reckon it's a done deal and the Highland and Lowland leagues won't get a say, nor all the other leagues that would get bumped down a tier. I find it hard to believe Ian Maxwell has that power.

Overall I think it's a good podcast, but I was surprised with them saying that indeed. Let's not forget that this is the same Ian Maxwell who saw it as a "done deal" that the ERJFA & WRJFA would join the pyramid as they were back in (I think) 2019.

25 minutes ago, Marten said:

Overall I think it's a good podcast, but I was surprised with them saying that indeed. Let's not forget that this is the same Ian Maxwell who saw it as a "done deal" that the ERJFA & WRJFA would join the pyramid as they were back in (I think) 2019.

I think their overall knowledge of the situation was pretty poor.

18 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I think their overall knowledge of the situation was pretty poor.

Agree with this 100%. Knowledge definitely poor when the news was broke by us and then was picked up by national media a day later. 😂 Cheers for the listens, lads. Appreciate the support. 

5 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Agree with this 100%. Knowledge definitely poor when the news was broke by us and then was picked up by national media a day later. 😂 Cheers for the listens, lads. Appreciate the support. 

It's been in the public domain since early Tuesday and has been discussed on here since then, you never "broke it". You think it's 99% done deal without any understanding of the legal play-off agreements between tiers 4/5, club 42 doesn't just become club 52 for the purposes of that agreement as the Conference isn't an SPFL league, etc etc, maybe go and have a read back a few pages and learn something.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's been in the public domain since early Tuesday and has been discussed on here since then, you never "broke it". You think it's 99% done deal without any understanding of the legal play-off agreements between tiers 4/5, club 42 doesn't just become club 52 for the purposes of that agreement as the Conference isn't an SPFL league, etc etc, maybe go and have a read back a few pages and learn something.

Everyone was still talking about the three proposals because the SFA meeting (which took place on Monday) was leaked. Not solely focused on the Conference being the only option on the table. Did I not mention that the SPFL would still have a say on the likes of relegation from League 2? The whole point of the Conference is to get round the need for SPFL teams to vote for it. Maybe you better stick to writing on forums than listening to podcasts cos you're clearly bad at taking information on board unless it's written down. 

7 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Everyone was still talking about the three proposals because the SFA meeting (which took place on Monday) was leaked. Not solely focused on the Conference being the only option on the table. Did I not mention that the SPFL would still have a say on the likes of relegation from League 2? The whole point of the Conference is to get round the need for SPFL teams to vote for it. Maybe you better stick to writing on forums than listening to podcasts cos you're clearly bad at taking information on board unless it's written down. 

If SPFL2 clubs are potentially losing SPFL membership and access to the centralised funding model. I'm pretty sure there would have to be something to vote on.

2 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

I listened, and I'm not the only one who thought your grasp of what was being proposed was poor, piss poor.

The play-off agreement is a 4-way agreement between SFA, SPFL, LL and HL and all four need to be in agreement for any changes to occur.  Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a "legally separate Conference" is a new entity, therefore there would need to be a new agreement to resolve promotion/relegation between the Conference and LL/HL which would now be tier 5/6.  I would also guess that tearing up the current play-off arrangement between SPFL and tier 5 cannot be done without agreement of all four parties.

So despite Maxwell's assertion that the Conference does not need "a high level of support", it still needs agreements with the LL/HL.

You mentioned that there would be clubs in the Pyramid who would jump at the chance to join given the money on offer, probably true, but that suggests the Conference resorts to requesting applications as opposed to taking the top HL and LL clubs, which suggests no agreement with HL and LL.  However no agreement makes the whole idea of a Conference dead in the water on the face of it.

So aye, the lack of understanding was evident. Maybe you better stick to podcasts rather than speculate on something you have little understanding of.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If SPFL2 clubs are potentially losing SPFL membership and access to the centralised funding model. I'm pretty sure there would have to be something to vote on.

I would assume that given the Conference is not an SPFL League, just like the LL and HL, that some form of agreement would be required on pro/rel particularly given that SPFL clubs have been adamant that B teams will not enter the SPFL.

Club 42 would also be dropping into a new 10 team league with a high percentage of B teams.

I think the SPFL clubs will want a say in all of that.

Edited by Burnieman

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I listened, and I'm not the only one who thought your grasp of what was being proposed was poor, piss poor.

The play-off agreement is a 4-way agreement between SFA, SPFL, LL and HL and all four need to be in agreement for any changes to occur.  Now, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a "legally separate Conference" is a new entity, therefore there would need to be a new agreement to resolve promotion/relegation between the Conference and LL/HL which would now be tier 5/6.  I would also guess that tearing up the current play-off arrangement between SPFL and tier 5 cannot be done without agreement of all four parties.

So despite Maxwell's assertion that the Conference does not need "a high level of support", it still needs agreements with the LL/HL.

You mentioned that there would be clubs in the Pyramid who would jump at the chance to join given the money on offer, probably true, but that suggests the Conference resorts to requesting applications as opposed to taking the top HL and LL clubs, which suggests no agreement with HL and LL.  However no agreement makes the whole idea of a Conference dead in the water on the face of it.

So aye, the lack of understanding was evident. Maybe you better stick to podcasts rather than speculate on something you have little understanding of.

If we didn't speculate, you would literally have nothing to talk about on this forum. 😂

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I would assume that given the Conference is not an SPFL League, just like the LL and HL, that some form of agreement would be required on pro/rel particularly given that SPFL clubs have been adamant that B teams will not enter the SPFL.

Club 42 would also be dropping into a new 10 team league with a high percentage of B teams.

I think the SPFL clubs will want a say in all of that.

Mate, I've already said the SPFL would have a say on relegation on League 2. You're beating a dead horse with your nonsense. 

Only my opinion, but if anyone thinks that the SFA/SPFL haven’t thought about this and covered off all the angles before publishing this, then they may be guilty of naivety. I’m sure we will find out more this week.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

Just now, RampantFM said:

If we didn't speculate, you would literally have nothing to talk about on this forum. 😂

It's not speculation, the agreements that are in place are fact. It's also fact that there requires to be consensus to make changes to them.  That has a material affect on what you're speculating about, but you never even mentioned that. 

All you said it was "99% done" without any explanation.