Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was that the plan all along?

Produce some idea that is so glaringly horrendous that it would never be accepted, and the LL clubs continue bending over as they are doing at the moment as it is "better"?

It's a win-win, present the Conference idea and if they go for it, great, if not then the will LL shit their pants.

That said,  it doesn't answer the question re if Aberdeen want a B team, will the HL accept?

Just now, edinabear said:

Looks like sporting integrity has been maintained with colts allowed back into the LL for next season with promotion now opened up into League 2

If you mean promotion by Colt teams then the Club 42 playoff rule would need to be changed and signed off by all of the SFA, SPFL, HL and LL. There is no indication that has happened or is ever likely to as far as I can see.

How are crowds doing when proper LL teams play the ugly sisters or Hearts B? Down here in the EFL Trophy, there is a pretty good boycott of games involving U23 premier league clubs leading to some ridiculously low crowds, probably just the families of said U23s. 

Neither the SFA or the English equivalent seem to care one jot that generally fans do not want to watch B teams.  To misquote Bill Shankly slightly, if Rangers B were playing my garden, I would pull the curtains. I would love to see the end of this experiment as it does your fledging pyramid no favours. Everyone knows it is far perfect yet but it should get there.

I also worry that down here, the english fa (also not the brightest People) decide that we should drop three teams out of the EFL to be replaced by Manure B, C, and D. One in each division as we would apparently be allowed the honour to watch this mighty club(ahem). It's bad enough having Salford in there.

All the best to all the LL teams for the rest of the season. I hope Dalbeattie  can somehow stay up.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

It's a win-win, present the Conference idea and if they go for it, great, if not then the will LL shit their pants.

That said,  it doesn't answer the question re if Aberdeen want a B team, will the HL accept?

Unless they try to get accepted to replace Montrose Roselea in the NRJFA Premier and pressure will be on the HL to accept promotion from them should they win the league?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Where Aberdeen having a colt team is concerned I don't think there is anything in the rules stopping the LL from having a guest club that far north. They have a bye week right now on the fixture list due to having 19 clubs.

North of the Tay for Aberdeen Colts. Same as Brechin or will the LL rules and the geographic parameters be altered yet again to favour Colts teams ?

36 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

How are crowds doing when proper LL teams play the ugly sisters or Hearts B? Down here in the EFL Trophy, there is a pretty good boycott of games involving U23 premier league clubs leading to some ridiculously low crowds, probably just the families of said U23s. 

Neither the SFA or the English equivalent seem to care one jot that generally fans do not want to watch B teams.  To misquote Bill Shankly slightly, if Rangers B were playing my garden, I would pull the curtains. I would love to see the end of this experiment as it does your fledging pyramid no favours. Everyone knows it is far perfect yet but it should get there.

I also worry that down here, the english fa (also not the brightest People) decide that we should drop three teams out of the EFL to be replaced by Manure B, C, and D. One in each division as we would apparently be allowed the honour to watch this mighty club(ahem). It's bad enough having Salford in there.

All the best to all the LL teams for the rest of the season. I hope Dalbeattie  can somehow stay up.

Rangers B crowds have been strong and every club has seen a boost to their attendances which is a positive for the league

33 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

In Cowdenbeath’s case, the crowd for Rangers B was approximately 200 more than a usual home game, for Celtic B about 100 more.

They play Hearts B at home tonight, apart from it being bitterly cold up here today so I don’t expect a big crowd anyway, I don’t think they would attract any more than normal anyway.

6 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Rangers B crowds have been strong and every club has seen a boost to their attendances which is a positive for the league

For Rangers B visit to Cowdenbeath, the extra 200-250 would probably be an extra £2k in gate money, not a massive amount, though each club received (I believe) around £8k from the pot for the inclusion of the B teams.

I would gladly get involved with any crowdfunding to make up his amount, in order to get rid of the B teams.

Edited by Cowdenleith

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

@OfficialCatchup

Heard early indications is that B teams will be in the Lowland League again next season. If true, not entirely surprising. Holds off the idea of the Conference League coming in from next season. Decision to be made on that in coming weeks.

I thought you wouldn’t trust the Catch Up as far you could throw them 😂

31 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

North of the Tay for Aberdeen Colts. Same as Brechin or will the LL rules and the geographic parameters be altered yet again to favour Colts teams ?

The north of the Tay thing was taken out of the Club 42 playoff rules last season and had never appeared anywhere else AFAIA. The SFA tried to force the LL to take Brechin City at the end of the season before last and then insisted on that change a few months later when the playoff rules had to be modified to accomodate what would happen if a colt team finished top of the LL.

31 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

For Rangers B visit to Cowdenbeath, the extra 200-250 would probably be an extra £2k in gate money, not a massive amount, though each club received (I believe) around £8k from the pot for the inclusion of the B teams.

I would gladly get involved with any crowdfunding to make up his amount, in order to get rid of the B teams.

Plus if you replace the OF B-teams with say Linlithgow Rose & Auchinleck Talbot, I can bet attendances would go up instead of down as both are well-supported clubs.

24 minutes ago, Marten said:

Plus if you replace the OF B-teams with say Linlithgow Rose & Auchinleck Talbot, I can bet attendances would go up instead of down as both are well-supported clubs.

Yes, but please explain how that benefits Rangers and Celtic? 

25 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My own thoughts on this are, f**k the old firm?

Just to be clear, I am 100% against B teams. I was just making the point that clearly all that matters here is the Old Firm so any sensible proposals are likely to be rejected by those running our game.