Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The only good outcome from the B team vote is if the fact that it's continuing with 18 rather than 16 teams persuades enough clubs to increase relegation/promotion, because 1 team up from tier 6 and no guarantee of relegation from tier 5 is not good enough for a league of this size.

No, it doesn't. As there's the Highland League with 18 teams and doesn't even have 1 guaranteed promotion spot into it. 

4 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

How many would turn up at home games if Linlithgow Rose played 15 outside Linlithgow?

Linlithgow Rose wouldn't play home games 15 miles from home, because they're a community club serving the people of their town while Celtic are nothing more than an outlet for the worst form of identity bullsh*t and don't care where in West Central Scotland their reserve team plays. Their women play there too, it's thoroughly disgraceful. 

ETA Rose took more to a midweek league game in Innerleithen than Celtic B attract at home. 50,000 season ticket holders and they care far less about their B team than the boards of 8 Lowland League clubs.

Edited by GordonS

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ah sorry, I had momentarily forgotten that this board is haunted by a sizeable minority of absolute roasters. My mistake.

My younger son is at Catholic school, my older son went to Catholic school until leaving. my kids were baptised Catholic, my wife is a Catholic RE teacher, I was raised Catholic and I supported Celtic until I was older than I wish was the case. I even went to Seville with my pals. But sure, roasters on the internet will make up any mental story they like to score pretend points in a meaningless argument with strangers they don't even disagree with, because that's how social media works.

Right, back to football.

Zzzzzzzz

12 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ah sorry, I had momentarily forgotten that this board is haunted by a sizeable minority of absolute roasters. My mistake.

My younger son is at Catholic school, my older son went to Catholic school until leaving. my kids were baptised Catholic, I got married in a Catholic church, my wife is a Catholic RE teacher, I was raised Catholic and I supported Celtic until I was older than I wish was the case. I even went to Seville with my pals. But sure, roasters on the internet will make up any mental story they like to score pretend points in a meaningless argument with strangers they don't even disagree with, because that's how social media works.

Right, back to football.

I'm sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family 

58 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

My bad that angry. An effort between these leagues should be allowed to replace thus appalling league that sells its self like a cheap whore

Always worth remembering that it's the old 12 East of Scotland League clubs that really started the big Juniors-to-seniors exodus, by being so welcoming and accommodating, allowing everyone to join at tier 6. That's what caused the dam to break after Kelty jumped. A rare selfless act in Scottish football, in stark contrast with what we saw tonight. 

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Always worth remembering that it's the old 12 East of Scotland League clubs that really started the big Juniors-to-seniors exodus, by being so welcoming and accommodating, allowing everyone to join at tier 6. That's what caused the dam to break after Kelty jumped. A rare selfless act in Scottish football, in stark contrast with what we saw tonight. 

Hail Hail lol

It's not just B Teams that are the problem but the LL itself.

A league with no credibility, starting with 1 relegation spot for 3 feeder leagues to fill the one spot. 

Since the beginning when membership was by application it hasn't evolved into a meaningful part of a working pyramid, merely a bottleneck.

But that said the SFA aren't exactly helping the evolution of Scottish football either.

3 hours ago, Wee Smiler said:

Bad asumption. Cally Braves boss is vice president of the league and clearly voted to support his president.

The Caledonian Braves said were putting out to their 'fans' to decide on their app but I have my suspicions that their chairman has just done what suited him and not with the fans vote on their app that doesn't even seem to be available on Android anyway - probably didn't want Pie and Bovril rigging their vote 😂😂

https://www.caledonianbraves.com/news/vote-on-the-inclusion-of-b-teams

Edited by Shannon

Sadly this and the relegation increase will be voted down for at least 2 more seasons.

This is close the tipping point though - essentially the more promotions the more good guy votes. It’s a shame Kelty and Bonnyrigg are up as they’d have tipped the balance.

Hopefully EK go up but I’d suspect Clyde might fancy a potential Celtic bump. If Forfar or EF come down I’d expect them to vote the B teams out.

The real vote turner will be when Gretna and Edinburgh Uni become relegated. Replaced by teams that will vote against B teams and for increased relegation.

I think all ex juniors would vote for 2 down, as they know the West and East Premier are good leagues with plenty about them.

Im not sure the Shire etc would given how close they are to going down but you never know.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

1 hour ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

HAVE A GUESS AT WHICH LOWLAND LEAGUE TEAMS WILL BE PLAYING A PRE SEASON 2024/25  FRIENDLY AGAINST HEARTS OR THE GRUESOME TWOSOME !!!!

A CCS vs Hearts friendly did cross my mind as well as what could have prompted a previously No voting Embra club to embrace the dark side.

Did the proposal to include B Teams for another two seasons only include Celtic and Hearts, or did it leave the door open for the return of Rangers after their hissy fit?

I'm amazed both Celtic and Hearts want to continue with this considering the vote a few months ago not to allow them promotion if they won the league.  They get almost nothing out of this present situation. Unless something has been promised in terms of another vote in the future...

Its probably going to be the last two years of B teams in the LL anyway as teams promoted and relegated will impact the next vote. No promoted team currently supports B teams in the LL, there will be another one up next season and then another before the next vote comes up. Support for B teams club support will fade as the likes of Gretna and Edinburgh Uni go down, one will follow the other this or next season. Very likely East Kilbride will go up either this season or next so another club supporting the B teams leaving the LL.