Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

37 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

What did you want? Shouting and screaming? I asked George if he is betraying the ideals of the Lowland League? Was not holding him to account?

Also, you mention Edinburgh City here. Edinburgh City development would be in the East of Scotland this season if Meadowbank was ready in time.

Perplexing those against Colt sides being in the pyramid have no issues with the fact we already have colts sides in the pyramid. 

Absolutely not, shouting and screaming would serve no purpose whatsoever, but a bit more constructive criticism wouldn't have gone amiss.

Multiple times George referenced this being a one year deal only.....which in itself makes you wonder so what's the point.  So why when he was asked what comes next after the end of the year and his response of 'that's up to Rangers and Celtic' did no-one see fit to question this staggering contradiction.  Why is it up to them if it's only a one time deal.  Why not press more on the infamous16 team limit of the Lowland League?  (a limit I happen to agree with)

Interesting that you (quite correctly) state that any Edinburgh City development side should be directed to the EOS.  By that rationale I'm somewhat confused as to why you are not advocating that any Old Firm development side wouldn't therefore be directed to the WOS.  Perhaps if they were if could be filed quite nice nicely under a) a point of principle, b) keeping in line with the pyramid, and maybe even c) sporting integrity.  Heaven forbid - what an outlandish thought.

You also responded to another poster that everyone on here things you are pro this idea.  I at no point have stated this, however you have stated that you are on the fence about it.  Why?  Why can't you respect the pyramid like all the other clubs.  The Old Firm are hiding under the notion that everything is ok because they can't be promoted or relegated.  That's completely irrelevant!  They absolutely shouldn't be parachuted for one (or potentially more - as according to George it's apparently up to them) season as it's completely unethical.

As an aside, if they can jump above other leagues just so their boys can get some games in.....maybe Clyde could enter a reserve or Colt side in the Scottish Premier League. Don't worry, they can't win the league or be relegated.......its all about getting the boys some games as apparently that's what's being lost in all of this, so says George.

Beggars belief that anyone is ok with is.......or even 'on the fence'.

Morals?  Principles? Fairness?  Heck who needs those eh?  We already know the SPFL aspires to none of those......sadly it appears to have trickled down.

Take a bow Civil Service Strollers.

Finally, if this truly is about the boys getting some games as they've missed out, as George asserts, then riddle me this - why can't they play in the WOS Conference for a season, or better yet, get together with the other SPL sides and get a boys league for a season.  Wouldn't that have been a good question to have asked. 

Another angle to think of.

Prior to integration big junior clubs were, in their opinion, better than the existing LL clubs. Based on this there was various suggestions about a parallel division or an amalgamation of the top junior divisions in to the LL.

All were discounted in favour of whole regions filling in behind the LL. How can it be right for individual clubs to by pass this principle?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

21 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Absolutely not, shouting and screaming would serve no purpose whatsoever, but a bit more constructive criticism wouldn't have gone amiss.

Especially around the supposed changes coming in 2022-23 after this one year stop gap. I know they're a non-league podcast but they can't have failed to notice the repeated failed attempts SPFL3, 12 team SPFL2, 16 team SPFL2, 14-14-16 etc. All of which have been shot down due to the continued attempt to integrate Colt teams by the OF.

But the automatic promotion and relegation between the SPFL and the non-league in the proposal distracted on any real critique of the proposal failing once again.

3 minutes ago, ian44wood said:

Sounds like BSC in dire need of the £3k that's being offered.

The original attempt at the WoSFL at the end of 2017 was partially instigated by a BSC attempt to set up a reserve side. It's no real surprise they're more open to this.

Or the idea of a LL2 that solidifies the presence of the Lowland League as a region. Rather than the more expected West/East split that would force them East or into another groundshare that might not be as good as the one they have in Alloa.

35 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Kelty will probably be voting in favour of this, do you still want them in League 2 when Colts teams are being proposed for League 2 for 2022/23 season.😀

Nobody knows what each teams vote will be.

Kelty may be promoted before the vote?

10 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Guy in charge of Kelty has been quoted on a few occasions as being in favour of colts sides.

I am sure he is seeing the his teams manager is a former captain of an OF team.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Edited by bravehearts dad

4 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Guy in charge of Kelty has been quoted on a few occasions as being in favour of colts sides.

I know they are all current buns bud, and would cream themselves over mixing with Ibrox officials for a game.

L2 needs fresh teams in it, it’s a crap league at the moment. If the LL as a whole vote for Celtic and Sevco colts then let them have their experiment and keep them away from the leagues.

If Kelty make it up this year then great for them, too late to do anything about that I would imagine. 

4 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I am sure he is seeing the his teams manager is a former captain of an OF team.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Some people genuinely think that the OF Colts in the pyramid in some fashion will be of benefit and an attraction. End of the day they'll be a full time team that like other full time teams won't be at a part-time level very long.

Which pushes other part time teams down the pyramid and starts an arms race with other clubs feeling they have to get their own.

In the last 20 years: Hibs, Berwick Rangers, Queen of the South, Gretna, Stranraer, and Annan Athletic have all had reserves sides operating in what are now pyramid leagues. ICT and Edinburgh City have tried to add to that. Non-league level has seen Stirling Uni, Spartans, Clachnacuddin, Fort William, Nairn County, Dalbeattie Star, Caledonian Braves and Threave Rovers put in teams as well. With Selkirk trying for the EoS and BSC the Juniors.

Vast majority of that was down to geography limiting access to youth/reserve leagues. Stirling Uni and Caledonian Braves are doing it to prop up their non-traditional operating model. Rather than pushing a legit 2nd XI for development purposes.

Why would clubs bother with the Development League or Reserve League once the door is flung open?

2 hours ago, RampantFM said:

Also, you mention Edinburgh City here. Edinburgh City development would be in the East of Scotland this season if Meadowbank was ready in time.

Perplexing those against Colt sides being in the pyramid have no issues with the fact we already have colts sides in the pyramid. 

No problem with Stranraer Reserves being a tier above all the WOS conference sides though. Fair point. 

Funnily enough, NONE of these reserve sides are eligible of the Lowland League... what makes them different to 2 new teams from Glasgow?

Stick to Football Manager and leave the real football to people who have half a clue. I’ve always gave you guys and the whole BSC/Caledonian Braves thing the benefit of the doubt but you can take your silly, fake clubs away for a swim.

Edited by Spyro

Taken for a mug sums it up.

A viable alternative to the old boys club corrupt senior game was in place and had been for over 100 years .

Yes it needed modernised, yes it needed new blood, new ideas, re-branding but it had so much potential and offered people something different to the main stream in a small country where we already had far to many teams in a nationwide seniors grade.

The sizeable silent fans who have had what they love as an alternative taken away from them have been gravely let down, absolutely horrific stuff.
Joonyurs are still deid Gassy [emoji106]

No problem with Stranraer Reserves being a tier above all the WOS conference sides though. Fair point. 

They're all at the bottom tier of the pyramid. Your pal George (who you gave the world's easiest ride to on the podcast) wants them to enter at Tier 5, leapfrogging every single club in Tiers 6 and 7 of the pyramid.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They're all at the bottom tier of the pyramid. Your pal George (who you gave the world's easiest ride to on the podcast) wants them to enter at Tier 5, leapfrogging every single club in Tiers 6 and 7 of the pyramid.

Tier 5 for one year with the expectation they go up to the SPFL the following year 🤣

So (constructive head on now), where do we go from here???

This was my initial reaction on Wednesday evening, even before CCS (a team I have always had a lot of time for) made their statement.

I’ve had time to hear out, read the proposal and what had to be said on the podcast and tbh I’m 100 times more angry now then a was then...

On 05/05/2021 at 21:50, Spyro said:

All the respectful clubs in the LL that actually listen to their fans should be pulling out and reapplying for the EOS/WOS/SOS leagues. Short term strain but better than completely losing their supporters. It’s a fucking disgrace by the LL!

Do the Lowland League clubs who are clearly being ambushed into this withdraw from the league and reapply to the EoS/WoS? Is it even possible now so late in the day?

They would probably have to start at the bottom but I guarantee they would receive widespread admiration and support for taking the stance.

Let whoever is left in the LL play their games against their idols in a league that’ll hold no relevance.

The EoS, SoS and WoS should be talking NOW! They are the last chance to take control and fill the void created by the Lowland League’s hypocrisy.

20 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So (constructive head on now), where do we go from here???

This was my initial reaction on Wednesday evening, even before CCS (a team I have always had a lot of time for) made their statement.

I’ve had time to hear out, read the proposal and what had to be said on the podcast and tbh I’m 100 times more angry now then a was then...

Do the Lowland League clubs who are clearly being ambushed into this withdraw from the league and reapply to the EoS/WoS? Is it even possible now so late in the day?

They would probably have to start at the bottom but I guarantee they would receive widespread admiration and support for taking the stance.

Let whoever is left in the LL play their games against their idols in a league that’ll hold no relevance.

The EoS, SoS and WoS should be talking NOW! They are the last chance to take control and fill the void created by the Lowland League’s hypocrisy.

If it passes on Monday. I'd expect the lower league SPFL sides to jump on it and with the upcoming SPFL2 Play-off between Brechin and Kelty it's a question that will get raised in the media.

With the legitimacy of the SPFL Playoff called into question this year, i'm sure the SPFL clubs will force the Board object to the 2nd/3rd Place team contending the 2021-22 Play-off side of this agreement. That will end up killing it off.

Especially when people can dig up such wonderful headlines as these:

image.png.d7f0b84bf135632ba8cea085170b5e0d.png

https://www.rangersnews.uk/academy/rangers-b-team-hammer-bsc-glasgow-5-1/

3 hours ago, RampantFM said:

Stranraer Reserves - South of Scotland

Caledonian Braves Reserves - South of Scotland

Stirling Uni Reserves - East of Scotland. 

Don't look like Colts teams to me. And none of them paid £50k to jump the queue to a higher league.

I listened to 20 minutes of the podcast. If George Fraser didn't want to influence clubs in calls to them, why is he on a broadcast making his support for the idea very clear.

I would say though, that he comes across as a decent guy. A decent guy who is having the pish taken out him by predators who will say anything to achieve their ends.