Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

7 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The SFA have reused to allow the LL to go to 18 teams on a permanent basis, 16 is the limit.

And its a stance that requires querying if there's a desire to expand to 18.

Originally the argument was around getting the season completed in time for the play-off. Introduction of floodlights to licencing resolved those concerns.

This is now the 3rd season with at least 18 teams. Scheduling isn't an issue. The SFA handling the discipline isn't an issue. Availability of match officials isn't an issue.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

And its a stance that requires querying if there's a desire to expand to 18.

Originally the argument was around getting the season completed in time for the play-off. Introduction of floodlights to licencing resolved those concerns.

This is now the 3rd season with at least 18 teams. Scheduling isn't an issue. The SFA handling the discipline isn't an issue. Availability of match officials isn't an issue.

It’s the SFA we are dealing with, they make it up as they go along. The reality is that they don’t want anymore clubs applying for their license, and by approving an 18 team league their worry will be that it may encourage clubs further down the pyramid to do so.

That’s my conspiracy theory for the day 😀

23 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It’s the SFA we are dealing with, they make it up as they go along. The reality is that they don’t want anymore clubs applying for their license, and by approving an 18 team league their worry will be that it may encourage clubs further down the pyramid to do so.

That’s my conspiracy theory for the day 😀

Have they still got the Conference League registered as a company with thingummy and wotsisname as directors ?  If so, the annual finance report and AGM should be interesting.

I'm certain that the intention of the powers that be is to shoehorn two or more B teams into the SPFL system.   The Conference  idea was merely another attempt to gain full acceptance.

That's my conspiracy theory. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Have they still got the Conference League registered as a company with thingummy and wotsisname as directors ?  If so, the annual finance report and AGM should be interesting.

I'm certain that the intention of the powers that be is to shoehorn two or more B teams into the SPFL system.   The Conference  idea was merely another attempt to gain full acceptance.

That's my conspiracy theory. 

B teams into their own regions IE West, East North etc . And starting at very bottom .

• 2 months later...

I am led to believe that a meeting of the LL clubs will take place on Monday with a view to voting on the acceptance of the B teams for a further 2/3 years. The details, as given to me, are as follows -

£50k per B team buy in per season

Rangers are non committal at this stage. 

Each LL team will receive approx £4K per season.

I have no reason to doubt the source of these facts, but I’ll leave it for you to make your own mind up.

Edited by To B or not B

3 hours ago, To B or not B said:

I am led to believe that a meeting of the LL clubs will take place on Monday with a view to voting on the acceptance of the B teams for a further 2/3 years. The details, as given to me, are as follows -

£50k per B team buy in per season

Rangers are non committal at this stage. 

Each LL team will receive approx £4K per season.

I have no reason to doubt the source of these facts, but I’ll leave it for you to make your own mind up.

Another attempt to establish a Conference League set up !!

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I heard something similar a couple of weeks ago, certainly that Hearts had already received a tacit approval from both the Lowland League and the clubs.  My source was less clear about Celtic and Rangers who were understood to be still looking at other avenues with the SPFL.

I’m led to believe that the vote is on Monday night, and that Hearts and Celtic are definitely wanting in, and Rangers aren’t sure.

If the Lowland League wants to reach its potential it has to kill this nonsense now.  

2 or 3 seasons ?..... 2 or 3 teams ? .....Bollox to this pile of poo.

The Lowland League teams and board should be focussed solely on getting the best 16 clubs in the Lowland area playing against each other week after week. They have no responsibility for accommodating the B teams.

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

If the Lowland League wants to reach its potential it has to kill this nonsense now.  

2 or 3 seasons ?..... 2 or 3 teams ? .....Bollox to this pile of poo.

The Lowland League teams and board should be focussed solely on getting the best 16 clubs in the Lowland area playing against each other week after week. They have no responsibility for accommodating the B teams.

Nail on head!