Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

So did everyone else have commentary today? I had nothing but ground noise  :huh:

Away back to the pillow.

You watched on the wrong website.

You're not as daft as some who spent their money buying the replay of the original game at the Recs though...

A draw was probably fair enough as Ayr had a few decent chances. But having been 2-1 up, and with Ayr largely reduced to long range shots at that stage, and to then concede such a ridiculous goal, well it feels like 2 points dropped in a game we really needed to win. We've lost so many daft goals this season but that was up there with the worst. 

Arbroath result today means we're not quite out of it yet. Win next week and 9th would still be on. And there is still clearly plenty of spirit in the team too, despite our obvious weaknesses. 

Surely paddy connolly has some input into team selectionsand musr see what were all seeing regarding grant, his effort to track the boy at the first goal was awful n so much so Andy graham came over and we lost a man in the box cause of it, he brings nothing to the team 

Spot on, hadn’t noticed it live but seen it in the highlights at half time - he gave up tracking his man back, forcing Andy to have to try and cover and free the man in the middle.

Unfortunately he doesn’t look interested, and certainly doesn’t look up for a relegation battle.

44 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

You watched on the wrong website.

You're not as daft as some who spent their money buying the replay of the original game at the Recs though...

Thank God. You wouldn't believe what Robbo did on the stream I ended up watching  :shutup

18 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Didn't catch the game today, what's the context behind this? emoji38.png

Guy was talking about my podcast and was saying about myself after it, he eventually finished it off calling me a character :lol:

1 hour ago, Wee wasp said:

Surely paddy connolly has some input into team selectionsand musr see what were all seeing regarding grant, his effort to track the boy at the first goal was awful n so much so Andy graham came over and we lost a man in the box cause of it, he brings nothing to the team 

Many sensible posts by wasps fans today. Defo feels like 2 points dropped. Grant lost us a goal last week and another this week, not good enough. I still believe he won't be dropped. Big Andy was far more dependable today, Taggs, Stevie, KC, Dikko and Robbo all stalwarts as well. Young Williamson grew into the game after the goal and looked like he was full of confidence. I like that 352 shape. Bring O Donnell back in for Grant. Connolly was quietly effective. I did say last week we looked like we had given up, happy to say I'm wiping some egg off ma face. Massive defining game next week.

Well that was some result for Ayr, I really fancied Alloa at home in this fixture. Ayr giving themselves a great chance to stay in the championship for another year and continuing to punch above their weight. 

1 minute ago, MS RR said:

Well that was some result for Ayr, I really fancied Alloa at home in this fixture. Ayr giving themselves a great chance to stay in the championship for another year and continuing to punch above their weight. 

5cd0746141908_giphy(2).gif.06c6a115849f284fdfdacdeaebfed086.gif

Many sensible posts by wasps fans today. Defo feels like 2 points dropped. Grant lost us a goal last week and another this week, not good enough. I still believe he won't be dropped. Big Andy was far more dependable today, Taggs, Stevie, KC, Dikko and Robbo all stalwarts as well. Young Williamson grew into the game after the goal and looked like he was full of confidence. I like that 352 shape. Bring O Donnell back in for Grant. Connolly was quietly effective. I did say last week we looked like we had given up, happy to say I'm wiping some egg off ma face. Massive defining game next week.

There may be a place for Ray Grant as a squad player - coming on for Heatherington when he’s on a booking to run about daft for last 15 mins or something - but he shouldn’t be starting.

I’m with you on the 352 as well, although still conceding goals I feel we seem less of a bombscare at the back in that shape. I’ve given PG stick this season for some things like his recruitment, but fair play to him for giving the change of shape a try (think it was the QoS hone game when he changed it). Since Connelly was brought in and played closer to Cameron we’ve definitely provided more threat going forward because for the first half of the season we never looked like we were going to score in games.

37 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

There may be a place for Ray Grant as a squad player - coming on for Heatherington when he’s on a booking to run about daft for last 15 mins or something - but he shouldn’t be starting.

I’m with you on the 352 as well, although still conceding goals I feel we seem less of a bombscare at the back in that shape. I’ve given PG stick this season for some things like his recruitment, but fair play to him for giving the change of shape a try (think it was the QoS hone game when he changed it). Since Connelly was brought in and played closer to Cameron we’ve definitely provided more threat going forward because for the first half of the season we never looked like we were going to score in games.

Dicko and Taggs give pace and cover for Andy. When we defend Robbo and today Williamson drop in to make a 5. Agreed re Connolly as a perfect partner for the big man. He gives loads of energy and trickery, Grant only change for me next week but it won't happen. The bench today didn't give me much hope either hence the call for Cammy O Donnell. 

3 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Dicko and Taggs give pace and cover for Andy. When we defend Robbo and today Williamson drop in to make a 5. Agreed re Connolly as a perfect partner for the big man. He gives loads of energy and trickery, Grant only change for me next week but it won't happen. The bench today didn't give me much hope either hence the call for Cammy O Donnell. 

Using player nicknames 

image.gif.2c2ae72209fd26a2e0f9a99d24939117.gif