Forfar vs Falkirk

Like last week, I will take a simple win. 

Last nights team, despite stealing a win, raises a few questions for this game.

Neilson done well at right back and has a good engine for getting up and down so I'd have him instead of Miller or Mercer at right back. 

McLelland looks a Hall so I'd have him in with Durnan with Dixon back in at LB.

I'd drop Gomis and stick Miller/Alston in with Telfer. Morrison and Fotheringham on either side with Dowds and Keena up top.

If we win this then the pressure is on Cove/Partick to go on a run of wins to catch us.

Mutch, Neilson, Durnan, McLelland, Dixon, Morrison, Gomis, , Alston, Keena, Dowds/Telfer, Fotheringham. 

Leitch is murder but he seems to be a favourite of M&M so wouldn't be surprised to see him start. I'm assuming Durnan was rested last night and isn't injured. At some point the Durnan/Hall combo will make a ricket either collectively or individually which should see the return of Dixon to centre half and Deveney or a fit Kelly go to left back.  Expect us to win by a couple. 

Edited by ebobsboy

I'm glad you no longer have Hoti on loan as he was the only one that caused us issues at the Falkirk stadium. You were in my opinion the worst team we've played in the league this season so hopefully that's not changed. I'd go back to two upfront this week as I think we only played the one upfront last week to nullify Montrose's threat from midfield.

Assuming Kelly, Mercer, Todd and Connolly are still injured and possibly McClelland added to that list, I'd go with:

Mutch

Neilson Durnan Hall Dixon

Morrison Telfer Alston Fotheringham

Dowds Keena

Cantley, Deveney, Gomis, Miller, Gomis, Leitch, Laverty, Francis, Sammon

This game and then Dumbarton at home are great chances to really put some pressure on Cove and Partick 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Assuming Kelly, Mercer, Todd and Connolly are still injured and possibly McClelland added to that list, I'd go with:

Mutch

Neilson Durnan Hall Dixon

Morrison Telfer Alston Fotheringham

Dowds Keena

Cantley, Deveney, Gomis, Miller, Gomis, Leitch, Laverty, Francis, Sammon

This game and then Dumbarton at home are great chances to really put some pressure on Cove and Partick 

Aye and if there's a difficult way of doing things we'll find it.

The biggest worry for me here is that we are expected to win this game easily.
It won’t be that straightforward so I’ll happy see us shitfest our way to a 1-0.
I’d be concerned about Hall starting this game in the middle of the defence. He’s looked out of sorts. Would rather see Dixon back in the middle.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

The biggest worry for me here is that we are expected to win this game easily.
It won’t be that straightforward so I’ll happy see us shitfest our way to a 1-0.
I’d be concerned about Hall starting this game in the middle of the defence. He’s looked out of sorts. Would rather see Dixon back in the middle.

With the exception of Partick, we should be expected to beat everybody easily at this level. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

If we have any real intention of winning the league then 6 points out of 6 in the next two games are a must. I could see Cove dropping points away to EF meaning the gap could stretch to at least 6 with a win.

On the game, I’d really like to see Dowds start up top with Keena as he’s someone who has came back from the break looking really sharp. 

Thought that would be our front team from the start but for Keena's injury. Hope they can work together with Morrison and Fotheringham creating.

If we have any real intention of winning the league then 6 points out of 6 in the next two games are a must. I could see Cove dropping points away to EF meaning the gap could stretch to at least 6 with a win.
On the game, I’d really like to see Dowds start up top with Keena as he’s someone who has came back from the break looking really sharp. 

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thought that would be our front team from the start but for Keena's injury. Hope they can work together with Morrison and Fotheringham creating.

Morrison and Fotheringham wide of Dowds/Keena with a pair of Telfer/Alston Gomis/G.Miller in the middle.

8 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Gee whiz knicker wetting in abundance, 3-0 with Dowds with two.....

That's a bit optimistic given he's only scored one league goal for us. You'll get decent odds on that though.,  I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough, he doesn't look like a natural goalscorer , and I don't really see what else he brings to the party bar running about, losing possession, or ending up on his backside. His miss away at Partick in the 2-2 game summed him up for me. All the time in the world to pick his spot a few yards out, harder to miss and he puts it off the post. I thought then this guy is one of those that needs about 10 chances to maybe score a goal. He probably is the best foil for Keena only because Sammon and Francis are worse

Guest Peter LaFleur
21 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I noticed on the Forfar site there is no commentary. Is this a Pixelot effort? Don't think I'll bother paying 12 quid for that. 

Bunch of tinks. Was hoping for another ‘fermer’ character.

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

That's a bit optimistic given he's only scored one league goal for us. You'll get decent odds on that though.,  I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough, he doesn't look like a natural goalscorer , and I don't really see what else he brings to the party bar running about, losing possession, or ending up on his backside. His miss away at Partick in the 2-2 game summed him up for me. All the time in the world to pick his spot a few yards out, harder to miss and he puts it off the post. I thought then this guy is one of those that needs about 10 chances to maybe score a goal. He probably is the best foil for Keena only because Sammon and Francis are worse

You didn't notice him leaving two Montrose defenders chasing shadows while he set up Morrison for the 2nd on Saturday then?

3 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I noticed on the Forfar site there is no commentary. Is this a Pixelot effort? Don't think I'll bother paying 12 quid for that. 

They were asking foe volunteers to do the commentary

3 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

They were asking foe volunteers to do the commentary

Not as far as I know they haven’t. Has been soulless pixellot with no commentary all the way. Usually a better highlights package later on though.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

Not as far as I know they haven’t. Has been soulless pixellot with no commentary all the way. Usually a better highlights package later on though.

On the Forfar website where you sign up for the stream, they are clearly asking for a volunteer.

Take a look.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You didn't notice him leaving two Montrose defenders chasing shadows while he set up Morrison for the 2nd on Saturday then?

One turn and run and a pass to a team mate (standard really for a footballer of basic ability) doesn't alter the fact he couldn't hit a barn door. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

One turn and run and a pass to a team mate (standard really for a footballer of basic ability) doesn't alter the fact he couldn't hit a barn door. 

He was excellent against Arbroath as well to be fair to him. Agreed he wasn’t good enough before the break.