World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

I've got an eye on both games, and agree, ES look like they are riled up very easily. I am happy to see them back for nostalgia, for some reason I had an El Salvador t-shirt from a relative who had traveled around the Central Americas, so I always seen them as my 'team' in CONCACAF, but they don't look too great, haha. I think I read something about their current coach deserving a lot of credit for their recent upturn in form?

Alasdair Johnston, Soupe. He has to be from Nova Scotia or Ontario? Straight off the boat parents like Aird?

36 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Alasdair Johnston, Soupe. He has to be from Nova Scotia or Ontario? Straight off the boat parents like Aird?

Born in Vancouver, Canadian father and Northern Irish mother

Meanwhile David Wotherspoon gets the last 20 minutes.  3-0 up and looking good

Edited by senorsoupe

Honduras 1-4 USA 
A great 2nd half from the US after a ghastly 1st half.

An overall disappointing international break for the US and by far the worst performances were from the Euro based players. Weston McKennie especially, absolute garbage from him.

Shout out to Josh Sargent as well. He is genuinely one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen. The bottom end of the EPL is pish.

14 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Not sure if I’ll enjoys Wales or Ireland’s slide to irrelevancy more.

Ireland for me, they've always been spawny as fuck and always seemed to get top seeds like Sweden or Switzerland in their group for loads of qualifying campaigns in a row, getting to the play offs and ending up with the likes of Estonia and fucking Bosnia.

Wales had genuine quality in the likes of Bale and Allen so their probable demise won't give me as much pleasure.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Ireland for me, they've always been spawny as f**k and always seemed to get top seeds like Sweden or Switzerland in their group for loads of qualifying campaigns in a row, getting to the play offs and ending up with the likes of Estonia and fucking Bosnia.

Wales had genuine quality in the likes of Bale and Allen so their probable demise won't give me as much pleasure.

100% this. 

The Republic of Ireland have been spawning their way to finals all my adult life. The Henry handball remains one of the most satisfying incidents in football not involving my team, ever. They are absolute murder to watch, are managed by an utter diddy and their best known player is pretty much finished, although in his defence he winds up the staunch something terrific. 

Wales are mildy annoying but in their defence they were utter dogshite for decades until Bale.  

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

100% this. 

The Republic of Ireland have been spawning their way to finals all my adult life. The Henry handball remains one of the most satisfying incidents in football not involving my team, ever. They are absolute murder to watch, are managed by an utter diddy and their best known player is pretty much finished, although in his defence he winds up the staunch something terrific. 

Wales are mildy annoying but in their defence they were utter dogshite for decades until Bale.  

I was thinking about the Henry handball after I wrote this and I agree, it was fucking brilliant.  

You look at their squad just now and it's laughably bad, long may it continue.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was thinking about the Henry handball after I wrote this and I agree, it was fucking brilliant.  

I just had a look at their squad for the Serbia game. I reckon even the Mussus Bunfields would turn them over now. Abject shite. 

I think the best part of the Henry Handball was that Delaney boy writing to FIFA and asking to be given dispensation to take part in the tournament to apologise for missing the handball.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think the best part of the Henry Handball was that Delaney boy writing to FIFA and asking to be given dispensation to take part in the tournament to apologise for missing the handball.

Team 33 😂

Tears and snotters everywhere. Sepp Blatter:

"We received a delegation from Ireland at Fifa and they were naturally absolutely unhappy at what has happened. They know the match cannot be replayed and the decision of the referee is final," said Blatter. "Naturally they have not asked for any sanctions to be given to any player or the referee, but they have asked, very humbly 'Can't we be team No33 at the World Cup?' They have asked for that, really. I will bring it to the attention of the executive committee but if we do that, we will also have to bring in Costa Rica."

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Team 33 😂

Tears and snotters everywhere. Sepp Blatter:

"We received a delegation from Ireland at Fifa and they were naturally absolutely unhappy at what has happened. They know the match cannot be replayed and the decision of the referee is final," said Blatter. "Naturally they have not asked for any sanctions to be given to any player or the referee, but they have asked, very humbly 'Can't we be team No33 at the World Cup?' They have asked for that, really. I will bring it to the attention of the executive committee but if we do that, we will also have to bring in Costa Rica."

They weren't even winning at the time of the incident, the cheeky c***s.