Scotland Vs Faroe Islands Weds 31st March

Gordopolis

31 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Faroe Islands have scored in 9 out the last 10 international matches.

Our defence is utterly honking.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

I think we'll win but I suspect it's going to be one of those games where we make it hard for ourselves.

4-0.  With goals from the centre backs and McGinn.   Have no fear, Mclean is here.  

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Everyone scuds San Marino though. And there's bound to be a few lads on here that played at a half-decent standard.

If you're shiteing it off San Marino, then the team above them, Anguilla, might be worth a shot. Population of 14,000 and their best player plays in something like the eleventh tier of English football. We'd horse them.

There’s one, who did. Pep.  And he’s never kicked a ball in his life.   San Marino would stick 20 past the very best Pie and Bovril has to offer. 

I once played alongside a guy who was in the Japanese second division.  He was incredible.  Destroyed our opponents single handedly. San Marino would absolutely hammer us. 

Edited by Savage Henry

53 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Here's another stat for you Scotland are 1 win ahead of the Shetland Football team who have 6 wins against the Faroe's , though they have played them 26 times with the last contest being way back in 1991, 24 games , 6 wins, 2 draws, and 16 defeats 

What I'm taking from that is that we need more friendlies against Shetland.

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s one, who did. Pep.  And he’s never kicked a ball in his life.   San Marino would stick 20 past the very best Pie and Bovril has to offer. 

I once played alongside a guy who was in the Japanese second division.  He was incredible.  Destroyed our opponents single handedly. San Marino would absolutely hammer us. 

It would be double figures at half time easily.

Last competitive game till the Euros. Is it last game full stop? Notice we don’t have any friendlier booked but surely we will get a couple in before we play the Czechs at Hampden.
Wouldn’t be great to get a nice confidence boosting big win to set us up for our first major tournament this century.
Get all our strikers among the goals and play some attacking, free flowing football at home to a country with roughly the same population as Kilmarnock. Denmark walloped Moldova (who drew with the Faroes) 8-0, so there’s surely no reason we can’t do similar here...?
2-1

4 hours ago, G51 said:

should probably point out that the "bundesliga" player for the faroes:

1) plays for arminia bielefeld, who are 17th out of 18th in the league

2)  has played a total of 53 minutes across 5 sub appearances

3) last played on the 31st october

4) has made one bench since then, on the 16th december. rest of the time he hasn't even been in the matchday squad.

Now you've done it.  He'll probably score a hat trick now. (If he's the goalie, maybe just the 2.) 

An easy Scottish win would be great, with a couple of goals in the first 15 mins to settle the nerves.  However as I'm in my 60s, experience tells me that we'll be hanging on for dear life to a one goal lead at 85 mins, possibly with 10 men. Quick chorus of "Always look on the bright side of life" any time now. 

The P&B XI is a thread that needs to happen.

I’m sure there used to be a couple of professional players who had accounts and made a few posts on here...

49 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Faroe Islands have scored in 9 out the last 10 international matches.

Our defence is utterly honking.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

I think we'll win but I suspect it's going to be one of those games where we make it hard for ourselves.

That's stats picking at its finest.

In the last three years, the Faroes have scored at least one goal in games against:

Malta, Malta, Malta, Malta, Malta, Malta, Spain, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Andorra, Latvia, Latvia, Latvia, Kosovo, Moldova, Lithuania, Romania, Romania, and Austria 

They have failed to score against:

Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan, Spain, Sweden, Sweden, Norway, Norway, Romania, Denmark  

It's terrifying isn't it.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

I’m sure there used to be a couple of professional players who had accounts and made a few posts on here...

Correct, which is why the Independent Republic of Pie and Bovril would body a lot of these national teams.

6 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

That's stats picking at its finest.

In the last three years, the Faroes have scored at least one goal in games against:

Malta, Malta, Malta, Malta, Malta, Malta, Spain, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Andorra, Latvia, Latvia, Latvia, Kosovo, Moldova, Lithuania, Romania, Romania, and Austria 

They have failed to score against:

Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan, Spain, Sweden, Sweden, Norway, Norway, Romania, Denmark  

It's terrifying isn't it.

I started looking at results since 2000 of teams that have scored against us, but it was too depressing, with highlights such as Latvia, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Macedonia, and Lithuania... when I reached the dizzy heights of Trinidad and Tobago, I decided against any further research! 

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Correct, which is why the Independent Republic of Pie and Bovril would body a lot of these national teams.

People's Democratic Republic, thank you.

The people know what they want, and what they want is ruthless totalitarianism presided over by a man (or woman) with a cracking beard.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Paul Lambert on the radio this morning describing the Faroes as "a good team", while highlighting the need for "patience".  

Why do so many with a platform regard it as their job to elevate our opponents, even when doing so is absurd?

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Paul Lambert on the radio this morning describing the Faroes as "a good team", while highlighting the need for "patience".  
Why do so many with a platform regard it as their job to elevate our opponents, even when doing so is absurd?

Its a Scottish thing

its a Scottish manager thing

10 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I started looking at results since 2000 of teams that have scored against us, but it was too depressing, with highlights such as Latvia, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Macedonia, and Lithuania... when I reached the dizzy heights of Trinidad and Tobago, I decided against any further research! 

The mighty Canada, New Zealand, and Gibraltar on that list as well.

A good question would be what countries haven't scored against us in the last 20 years.

San Marino, Albania, Qatar, Estonia, Japan.  Would that be it?

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Brian Blessed? 

I'd take Blessed as Eternal Ruler, and not just because he's very old.

Imagine the speeches  :o

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

The mighty Canada, New Zealand, and Gibraltar on that list as well.

A good question would be what countries haven't scored against us in the last 20 years.

San Marino, Albania, Qatar, Estonia, Japan.  Would that be it?

This is just getting too cheerful, isn't it?  Still, there are 13 teams that we have a 100% win record for, so it's not all bad.   Pity that we can't have a qualifying group of us plus Malta, Gibraltar, San Marino, and the Hong Kong League 11, but I suppose you can't have EVERYTHING....