Accies vs Saints 3/4/21

btb

To be played to a finish on the day due to Covid.

After the last game between the teams this is really a must win for us if we're to prevent our season going off the rails, so no pressure...:wacko:

Away win for Div's lot as we crash out the SC at the first opportunity as per usual.

Though this time we have a huge injury list to add to excuses as to why we'll lose not just having an incompetent manager.

If we had a full 2nd string to play in this game with 5 league games to go we'd be playing it.
As it is I expect to see benchwarmers like Stirling, Hughes, Mimnaugh, Munro & Trafford start who'd probably not start our next league game.
The rest of the 11 will be as normal as we literally have no one else.

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:

Away win for Div's lot as we crash out the SC at the first opportunity as per usual.

"Div's lot" :rolleyes: When I started watching Saints Div was still swimming about in his faither's bawbag.

Since league games are now  pretty much meaningless to us, the cup is the only interest.

Revenge for that last minute deprivation of the top 6 would be sweet.

Amazingly, this is Hamilton's first Scottish Cup appearance in April since the 1934/35 Final
Not that amazing.
Certainly in recent times we don't often get past the first round we enter at.

The 2 QF's against Falkirk & Dundee are only times we've gone past the last 16 since we moved to NDP IIRC

We have loads of injuries & with Mimnaugh + Trafford apparently now out Accies might not be able to fill the bench.

St Mirren win.

8 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Not that amazing.
Certainly in recent times we don't often get past the first round we enter at.

The 2 QF's against Falkirk & Dundee are only times we've gone past the last 16 since we moved to NDP IIRC

We have loads of injuries & with Mimnaugh + Trafford apparently now out Accies might not be able to fill the bench.

St Mirren win.

Was the game where Rangers battered us 6-0 with Joe fucking Garner scoring not a QF?

Was the other one against Rangers where we drew 3-3 at NDP then got beat in the replay AET not a quarter final aswell?

@accies1874 would know best.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

We’ve got the toughest draw out of the top flight teams, away from home in the only all top flight tie.
In a normal year would certainly take the replay. Need to do it tomorrow this year though.
Fourth game between the sides this season, two draws and one Saints win so far. Three close games and tomorrow will be similar.
There will certainly be quite the meltdown from some of our fans if we do get knocked out, but it would hardly be much of a surprise. Accies last three home games have been Rangers, St Johnstone and us and they haven’t lost any of them.
I think we will sneak through but can see it going all the way.
1-1 (again). Saints 4-3 on pens.

We’ve got the toughest draw out of the top flight teams, away from home in the only all top flight tie.
In a normal year would certainly take the replay. Need to do it tomorrow this year though.
Fourth game between the sides this season, two draws and one Saints win so far. Three close games and tomorrow will be similar.
There will certainly be quite the meltdown from some of our fans if we do get knocked out, but it would hardly be much of a surprise. Accies last three home games have been Rangers, St Johnstone and us and they haven’t lost any of them.
I think we will sneak through but can see it going all the way.
1-1 (again). Saints 4-3 on pens.

We should have been out of sight by half time in nearly all the meetings this season. Accies have came back into the 2nd half every time, even the game we won 1-0 at Accies, Alnwick won us the 3 points that afternoon with the saves he was pulling off.

2 keepers on the bench again.

I'll be amazed if we stay up this season.
I think there's one player on the bench who plays higher than defence - we had pretty much no option of fielding a weaker team.

I'm hoping for a penalty shoot-out as that will be the only fun outcome IMO.