Midlands League

Marten

10 hours ago, Marten said:

Good finisher, definitely a player who I think can do well a bit higher up.

Hope he does better than he did when he was at Montrose as deserves another opportunity at higher level. Loss for Broughty who will have to replace his goals. 

Can’t imagine there’ll be a huge amount of Blairgowrie fans in existence never mind on here, anyone familiar with the Midlands League know much about their player Kaisey Brown? On the bench as a trialist for Montrose tonight.

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Can’t imagine there’ll be a huge amount of Blairgowrie fans in existence never mind on here, anyone familiar with the Midlands League know much about their player Kaisey Brown? On the bench as a trialist for Montrose tonight.

He is a young talent who has been rumoured to make a step up. I can't recall that much about him in games we played against Blairgowrie, but I believe he was one of their best players in the past season.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

He is a young talent who has been rumoured to make a step up. I can't recall that much about him in games we played against Blairgowrie, but I believe he was one of their best players in the past season.

He’s just come on now for the last 20/25 minutes against Raith so he’ll get a chance to impress, we’re also playing on Friday and Saturday so he’ll no doubt be getting a decent amount of game time across those games. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We should definitely be able to challenge with our signings. Hopefully we can do it and actually gain promotion. But it won't be easy so just need to take it per game, starting at home to Violet tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Judge said:

Is there any new sfa licences likely to be applied for? Is there an issue getting a bronze standard now due to the criteria of requiring a doctor at games?

Bronze is only to get into the spfl, entry still good enough for tier 5

1 hour ago, Judge said:

Is there any new sfa licences likely to be applied for? Is there an issue getting a bronze standard now due to the criteria of requiring a doctor at games?

Carnoustie are the only ones who have publicly spoken out they are going for a license, with the aim to have one at the end of the 2023/24 season. However, they are still quite far off I believe, so it will be quite a challenge for them.

I'm not sure about other clubs.

image.png.c875176f92bfd6a21dd4d2d1ff2bb174.png

Carnoustie started with a defeat at home to Kirrie in probably the biggest surprise of the day, although Kirrie were a good side last season too so can't be underestimated. Scone's big win against St. James is also remarkable. Montrose Roselea narrowly lost at Tayport in their return to the East region.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

image.png.c875176f92bfd6a21dd4d2d1ff2bb174.png

Carnoustie started with a defeat at home to Kirrie in probably the biggest surprise of the day, although Kirrie were a good side last season too so can't be underestimated. Scone's big win against St. James is also remarkable. Montrose Roselea narrowly lost at Tayport in their return to the East region.

Was at the Scone game, great to see Charlie King pull the boots back on for the 1st half.  Quite an evenly contested first half but Scone went in 3-1 up due to keeper error and bad defending. St James were their worst enemy in 2nd half trying to play out from the back and allowing Scone plenty of chances to win 5-1 in the end. St James then lost discipline and had 3 men sent off in last 10 minutes.  2 for comments made to referee while both on yellow cards and then a strong challenge which I didn’t think was a red card. Member of St James staff also sent off. 

Arbroath Vics looked pretty good today, nice to see a competitive game so early in the season.

Edited by TheClosingArguement

On 21/07/2023 at 21:48, Marten said:

Carnoustie are the only ones who have publicly spoken out they are going for a license, with the aim to have one at the end of the 2023/24 season. However, they are still quite far off I believe, so it will be quite a challenge for them.

I'm not sure about other clubs.

I heard Forfar West End are in the early stages of putting together a plan for attaining a license.

Most clubs seem pretty good at getting info out about signings but why have Tayport been so poor at this compared to last season? At least four or five in their team today that I didn’t have a clue were signed by them as they seem a bit slow at releasing anything.