Midlands League

Marten

I put a bet on earlier today suspecting the odds might shift. 

However match has been totally removed so not sure if anyone else piled in.

Letham @ 16/5  and the draw @ 11/2   away to Arbroath Vics did seem very generous

Vics were priced at 4/11

52 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Letham @ 16/5  and the draw @ 11/2   away to Arbroath Vics did seem very generous

Vics were priced at 4/11

Anyone other than McBookie covering the Midland League?

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Anyone other than McBookie covering the Midland League?

Not been in a ladbrokes or corals shop for years now so now idea if they still do a Saturday totally Scottish coupon ?

Lads have stopped it anyway, it was the only reason I used to go in. No wonder they're all closing..

Vics were priced at 4/11
1 nil Letham ft

Tayport 2-0 Scone.

Thought the teams were well matched, Scone pretty toothless up front, brought a big man on in second half and looked a bit more threatening, Big moment before half time with Scone player through on goal following a comical kick from port keeper that hit off his own defender and player brought down and could have been a red card on another day.

Another win for Letham tonight not the greatest of games but a wins a win. Now onto sat and another away game against league champions in wait Carnoustie. Really can't see anything other than a Carnoustie win but here's hoping for a Carnoustie off day.

Edited by Welly boy

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Well, that was rubbish... As last season, we're far too inconsistent and miss a finisher up front. We really need to get one very soon if we want to even have a chance this season.

To be fair, we lost Kevin Milne early on and had to replace him with Gary Sutherland, who can't buy a goal at the moment. Deserved win for Forfar Utd, though. They were well up for it from the start.

13 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Broughty taking an absolute hiding up at kirrie…some night in the league. Was at the Vics game tonight, £6 a robbery for that 😂

Comical moment in the Kirrie game last night

The hosts take the lead at the start of the second half and the striker has a bit of banter with the Broughty keeper who he knows and used to play for Kirrie. Ref does not see the funny side and despite both protests produces a red card.

Despite being down to 10 men Kirrie powered through the second half to the delight of the home crowd

Well worth the trip and the £6

18 hours ago, superbigal said:

Vics were priced at 4/11

They just had that one wrong, i also went with it as a single. Happy i did as the Kirrie Thistle and Lochee United games blew my acca. 

The league is certainly less predictable this season which is superb.

19 hours ago, Den Spark said:

To be fair, we lost Kevin Milne early on and had to replace him with Gary Sutherland, who can't buy a goal at the moment. Deserved win for Forfar Utd, though. They were well up for it from the start.

That highlights exactly our problem though, we shouldn't be so dependent on Kevin Milne. Also, he is still not the goalscorer we really need. We do need one desperately, also as that will give us more squad depth.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

What a league. Everyone moving around about 6 place from one week to the next

It's definitely much more competitive now, smaller sides made great improvements which makes it interesting. We haven't had a great start, but had we had this last season we'd have been out of it already where now you just don't know what's going to happen.